388 members have voted

1. 1. Pink Heel's for men?

• Yes They Can
    • Yes but only for home
    • Yes but only with rigth outfit
    • Only in Bed
    • Im not to trilled with the idea
    • They should stay away from pink heel's

@HeelsGood: Yes, I think it is normal. It has always been that way. Up to the fifties, pants were a no-go area for women. Earrings for men were 'not done' for men until the 90s. And so it has always been. People have always been afraid of things different from what they're used to. And then, some people keep trying one thing different from the norm and other people start thinking: "Hey that's actually pretty cool!" Just look at earrings, and recently decolleté shirts for men (which I think don't look that great), or pink and purple colours. Or those very wide, low-crotch pants for women (hideous, IMO, and fortunately I don't see those very often). Can't blame the crowds, really, however strange it is. But aforementioned changes of course do give some hope for us heel-wearing men. :silly:

@HeelsGood:

Yes, I think it is normal. It has always been that way. Up to the fifties, pants were a no-go area for women. Earrings for men were 'not done' for men until the 90s. And so it has always been. People have always been afraid of things different from what they're used to. And then, some people keep trying one thing different from the norm and other people start thinking: "Hey that's actually pretty cool!" Just look at earrings, and recently decolleté shirts for men (which I think don't look that great), or pink and purple colours. Or those very wide, low-crotch pants for women (hideous, IMO, and fortunately I don't see those very often).

Can't blame the crowds, really, however strange it is.

But aforementioned changes of course do give some hope for us heel-wearing men.

:silly:

I have always worn yellow, pink and other bright coloured shirts, always got comment 30 years ago but now it's rare for anyone to say anything so you are right hope for things to change. But I say why wait for others to catch us up.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

If the style of shoes you choose to wear are bladed, spiked, stilettoed, wedged, blocked, or etc. high heels, I doubt the color makes much difference in determining the shoes are being perceived as feminine, due to social brainwashing. As more men are seen wearing high heels, even this perception will have to be up dated to all footwear as being gender neutral. Hopefully, the colors will also be seen as neutral.

A couple of days ago, I bought a pink polo shirt and will pair them with a pair of pink pumps that I will soon purchase. Of late, I've found myself curious as to just how far I can push the envelope, and I figure that wearing pink shoes will give me my answer!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Jeff, You'll work it in easily. You're like I am in the sense that you get out there and just do it. If its coordinated with what you're wearing its easy. Have fun with pink, try both bright pink and baby pink heels because they're both fun to wear, and portray a very different image. Cheers Heel-Lover

I think it is ok for guys to wear pink heels, I have no problems wearing a pink T-shirt, pink tie or pink dress shirt out and about, might only wear pink heels outside in a bohemian area though!

On our holiday in Tenerife last year, we met a family whose 15 year old lad always wore bright colours including pink, and I mean trainers, polo shirts, shorts and he had no problems with it. (I think he might have drawn the line at heels though!)

I have been wanting a pair for ages.... Barratts did do a pair, but cant get them in my size:sad: but I have found this pair on banana shoes so might give them a go..

http://www.bananashoes.com/popup_image.php?type=D&id=601&title=Seduce%20420&area=C

I have those shoes. I think they were my second ever pair (out of 100+), bought from eBay seller StrictlyStilettos at the time (2007). Did you go ahead and buy them??

One of the managers at the big company I used to work for wore a pink suit! He got lots of comments but just ones of surprise as far as I know. He was always a positive and happy person, and had great fun with his suit.

Hi Jeff,

You'll work it in easily. You're like I am in the sense that you get out there and just do it. If its coordinated with what you're wearing its easy.

Have fun with pink, try both bright pink and baby pink heels because they're both fun to wear, and portray a very different image.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure it'll be both fun and interesting! I've had my eye on these shoes which I think would work well for me:

http://www.sexyshoes.com/images/product/medium/633_1_pinkpatent.jpg

I'm most eager to indulge in my little experiment!

Hi Jeff, those would be ideal. Baby pink is quite delicate, innocent sort of shoe. Wear it with Navy and a pink shirt/ blouse, even a cami under a jacket if its hot. The beauty of those shoes is they'll lengthen your legs because they're neutral toned. Hot pink etc is more 'aggressively' in your face and screams 'look at me', baby pink is more demure. Go for it. Heel-Lover

Hi Jeff,

those would be ideal. Baby pink is quite delicate, innocent sort of shoe. Wear it with Navy and a pink shirt/ blouse, even a cami under a jacket if its hot. The beauty of those shoes is they'll lengthen your legs because they're neutral toned. Hot pink etc is more 'aggressively' in your face and screams 'look at me', baby pink is more demure.

Yeah, that was my plan. Baby pink would work better as they won't stand out not nearly as much as hot pink. Like I said, I already have a pink shirt, pairing that with the shoes and dark denim bootcut jeans or black dress pants should make for a nice combination.

Pink heels are great. Guys used to get funny looks wearing a pink shirt but thankfully society has broadened it's horizons a bit (though perhaps there's still some work to do with the shoes). I voted "Yes but with the right outfit" but no double-standards, I'd say that applies equally to women or men with any outfit.

This pair's the earliest I have that's survived my past purges:

http://www.hhplace.org/picture.php?albumid=533&pictureid=5638

They look great with white jeans, a pink top and a denim jacket.

These are the pink mules from my shopping experience #1 in the thread http://www.hhplace.org/guys/7255-shopping_heels_try_them.html :

http://www.hhplace.org/picture.php?albumid=533&pictureid=5639

I think they go well with denim jeans (or a knee-length denim pencil skirt) and a pink top.

One lunchtime I saw a girl wearing these with a smart grey trouser-suit and she looked incredible:

http://www.hhplace.org/picture.php?albumid=533&pictureid=5640

I tried them once (but not in public) with my men's grey suit and a pink shirt, and it was an ok look but I think the cut of a woman's trouser suit (even one that's supposedly "masculine") gives a much more flattering line.

Finally these strappy sandals are peach but pretty close to pink and feel really glamorous to wear:

http://www.hhplace.org/picture.php?albumid=533&pictureid=5641

Nice looks Heel-lover and JeffB, good luck if you do venture out.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks Sleekheels , I regularly wear pink already (at least one day a week), opal pink or baby pink. I go for a classic stiletto pump with skirt suit look. I have just got a very very short high waisted tight pale pink pencil skirt (what pencil skirt isn't tight? - but this one is very fitted across the hip and under my bottom and quite sexy - more so than my other skirts) and has side ruching across the hips. Looks awesome with a sheer fitted white shirt and my matching pale pink stiletto pumps. Great when I want to be a flirt and put some leg out there (which I do now and again) - but that is the beauty of pink - like nudes the colour is great for lengthening ones legs. Cheers Heel-Lover

Thanks Sleekheels ,

I have just got a very very short high waisted tight pale pink pencil skirt (what pencil skirt isn't tight? - but this one is very fitted across the hip and under my bottom and quite sexy - more so than my other skirts) and has side ruching across the hips. Looks awesome with a sheer fitted white shirt and my matching pale pink stiletto pumps. Great when I want to be a flirt and put some leg out there (which I do now and again) - but that is the beauty of pink - like nudes the colour is great for lengthening ones legs.

Wow, I'd totally forgotten I have a pink pencil skirt too - thanks for the reminder! I used to struggle a little to squirm into it, but perhaps that'd be a good incentive to do some exercise and tone up a bit.

That's a great look you described. I also tried my pink skirt with black courts and a black top/jacket (to try to slim my shoulders in relation to the pale pink on the hips), and with a pink bag it looked quite coordinated. Perhaps that's a good alternative to white as you head towards winter in NZ.

If you like it, wear it.

• 4 weeks later...

How about these for pink heels? Pink cowgirl boots, BCBGirls brand with 3.75" stacked heels. There's some decorative white stitching around the top, and pull tabs hidden on the inside. Don't know if I'd be wearing these outside, though, if for no other reason than they run a bit small.

post-26559-133522937269_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522937536_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522937555_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522937572_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I mostly doubt about pink heels. Sometimes they don't look good, sometimes they look staggering. However, I now found a pair I really really find awesome. They're by Buffalo. I tried them on in one of their stores and they fit really well, only problem is that they are too expensive for me... Otherwise I would've bought them without any doubt!

Here's a pic:

http://buffaloshop.de/Shop/PicZoomProductBig/115571.jpg

Oh yeah, normally I don't like platforms too...

I mostly doubt about pink heels. Sometimes they don't look good, sometimes they look staggering. However, I now found a pair I really really find awesome. They're by Buffalo. I tried them on in one of their stores and they fit really well, only problem is that they are too expensive for me... Otherwise I would've bought them without any doubt!

Here's a pic:

http://buffaloshop.de/Shop/PicZoomProductBig/115571.jpg

Oh yeah, normally I don't like platforms too...

They are awesome. I would like them with them with a zip at the back.

• 3 weeks later...

No vote here as I'm not happy about the choices. I admit I would shy away from the bright or glossy pinks as they shout out far too much. However and it is down to what colour shoe you are used to seeing from the bottom of your eye whist walking, I'm used to black or bare feet/flat sandals put on a pair of white trainers it's "hey whose feet are those" for maybe an hour. I got these a week or so back, because they are so close to a natural skin colour they don't cause that "panic flash". Incidentally they came in two colours, the second in purple, my stepdaughter acquired them from her mum as they were a bit too tight. Was I jealous or what! Too damn right but couldn't justify the price to buy. Preferred colour choice would have been the purple but now with these I'm not anti in any way. Not quite the local boozer wear (you get searched for knives and if you haven't got one, one is supplied at the door, real "nice" place). I could tick yes but right shade, outfit and place. Al Ps they are not new just an old picture

post-14144-133522941194_thumb.jpg

No vote here as I'm not happy about the choices.

I admit I would shy away from the bright or glossy pinks as they shout out far too much.

I love pink heels and I like glossy and bright pink but, to each their own... On that note though I do not like gold or yellow heels too much so I can understand where you are coming from.

Anyway heres my favorite pink ;D

post-30560-133522941452_thumb.jpg

Men: Never ask a woman to wear a pair that you wouldn't! :silly: ~HnH83~

• 2 weeks later...

There are some promotional ads in my area using the term "pink heals". With this idea and the "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" influence, it seems we could capitalize on this by participating in a campaign to wear more pink in our attire along with pink heels to consistently show more solidarity for being against social abuse in any form. Using the homonyms of heals and heels interchangeably to make all abuses viewed as social plaques. Hopefully, this would help to keep this subject on people's minds and encourage a better understanding as to the causes and effects. It's kind of ironic that men also suffer abuse for wearing heels. So let's heal abuse so that society will have a healthier regard for the men and women who choose heeling with pink or any other reason for bringing back respect for personal agency.

• 3 weeks later...

WIth the right outfit, that matches the shoes and what is supporting the man who wears the clothes/ accessories - nearly everything and every colour is possible. It is just a question, HOW. For an example: if you wear a dark-blue business suit with a tie in "magenta" - you can wear also pumps oder whatever in the same colour. The same for (blue) Jeans, a polo- or T-shirt will look good if it matches the colour of your heels. Today I bought a pair of opentoes in lavender (because I had in mind to own the matching shirt). Sorry. Now I have to buy the matching shirt again for my new shoes. That´s okay with me. On the other side - I have seen some men, wearing some kind of high heeled (fetish?) shoes/ boots, with un-matching clothes. I.e. the red patent overknees, together with brown cord pants and a Norwegian wool pullover. Sorry - nice boots, but the outfit is.... for the waste bin. But I think , it takes its time, to be aware, get a feeling for it and to collect and combine the matching clothes and accessories.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

• 2 weeks later...

When it come to coordinating our attire, most guys have to learn how. We haven't seen the need to shuffle drab with drab. Don't get me wrong here. A suit and heels on a guy or a gal can be very debonair and authoritative. It's all in what society has been programmed to expect. Heels on a European king in the 1700's was in for the fashionably rich and powerful. The commoners of this period despised what this blatent look represented. Had heels been affordable to the common people like they are today, there most likely would have been a different attitude toward men wearing heels and other more flamboyant attire today. Definitely, the homophobes wouldn't have had as easy of a time convincing people of what became known as the gender gap and pink would still be, unquestionably, part of men's wear.

• 4 months later...

I don't have any intent on wearing heels in public, I wear mine for my private enjoyment. I would like to get a color other than black (a sky blue comes to mind), and I have always had a special thing for pink. I'd love to have a pair of heels that were in a style I like (ankle straps) except for they were pink. Not a hot or pale pink, and without frills and sparkles. They just happen to be pink. I already have a pink ladies Prague watch that would wear nice with pink heels.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4336308846_a3df51ede8_z.jpg?zz=1

I don't have any intent on wearing heels in public, I wear mine for my private enjoyment. I would like to get a color other than black (a sky blue comes to mind), and I have always had a special thing for pink. I'd love to have a pair of heels that were in a style I like (ankle straps) except for they were pink. Not a hot or pale pink, and without frills and sparkles. They just happen to be pink. I already have a pink ladies Prague watch that would wear nice with pink heels.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4336308846_a3df51ede8_z.jpg?zz=1

They're really nice

• 4 weeks later...