A tale of Nine West

Bootking

Good looking boots. The ankle boots look like they have a platform - hidden or not couldn't tell.

No, they don't have a platform, at least from my memory of them. Since I was trying to not use the flash in the store, the pictures a bit blurry from the extended shutter speed and camera shake.

Love the 2nd one HappyFeat!!!!!!!!

It is great taking photos in a shoe outlet, isn't it!!!!!

I do plan of getting those boots (from the first shot). I may risk it and see if they get marked down further after the holidays. Since the come in three or four different colors, I will have a tough choice, as you know...

Actually, I had never thought of doing taking pictures while shopping before. I tend to not travel with a camera and would not have thought of doing so if I wasn't asked by a friend to get shots of styles they were looking for. It may be something that I do more often now...and a great addition to this thread!

Style is built from the ground up!

No, they don't have a platform, at least from my memory of them. Since I was trying to not use the flash in the store, the pictures a bit blurry from the extended shutter speed and camera shake.

I do plan of getting those boots (from the first shot). I may risk it and see if they get marked down further after the holidays. Since the come in three or four different colors, I will have a tough choice, as you know...

Actually, I had never thought of doing taking pictures while shopping before. I tend to not travel with a camera and would not have thought of doing so if I wasn't asked by a friend to get shots of styles they were looking for. It may be something that I do more often now...and a great addition to this thread!

Thank you

HF, I think that I would buy both pairs if they were on sale at a good price. The first pair would go well with a skirt, dress or shorts. The second pair would work better with jeans or long slacks,IMO, with the cuff just below the boot top. Both pairs, though, would work nicely with jeans. Thanks for the pics.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Happy, looks like you were out shopping in a skirt? No pant legs showing with those boots!

As a matter of fact I was out shopping in a skirt! The tall boots did look very nice with it since it was a very dark rinse denim - not quite, but almost black.

HF, I think that I would buy both pairs if they were on sale at a good price. The first pair would go well with a skirt, dress or shorts. The second pair would work better with jeans or long slacks,IMO, with the cuff just below the boot top. Both pairs, though, would work nicely with jeans. Thanks for the pics.

I am currently in the "thinking about them" stage. The outlet does not offer its "Buy One/Get One 50% Off" on boots quite yet. If I get the tall ones, I am going to buy them in the dark gray since I have a pair of Steve Madden boots in black with a moderate heel already. And yes, they did go very well with the skirt...

• 1 month later...

Just did a little Nine West shopping this week - first at a retail store and then at the outlet store. The retail store is having a pretty big sale at the moment. There are many styles less than $30 and they did have several pair of 11s and 12s in the day I was there. I was shopping at the South Side store in Pittsburgh, which was quite crowded while I was in and I got excellent service. The outlet store just south of Pittsburgh doesn't seem to have a great inventory at them moment, though the prices on the boots are coming way down. However most of the boots they have are ankle boots, with only a options in tall boots. The boots are still excluded from the buy one, get one 50% off however. Though I must say, I wasn't in love with any they had in stock.

Speaking of Nine West, I was at the Norwalk outlet in Thursday last. They had some nice stuff but what I really had in mind was not in my size. Then I looked at the "riding" type boots and bought Anne Klein knee high "Edgar" boots in brown leather. The heel is lower than I would like, 1 3/4 but I figured that even my wife couldn't object to these! (Of course, we'll see). Wore them to work today!

Pix to follow.

It's all about the heel!

I have something to add!

I was recently at a local mall, and the department store sells Nine West. Nearly all the sizes (as most of you know) stop at size 10, with few exceptions. I browsed the clearance racks, and found a nice Nine West pump, size 11. It's what I'd describe as the classic pointy-toed pump, with a 3.5" heel. The color was a strange metallic gray/green, which was terrible, but this is the clearance rack we're talking about.

Anyway, so the size 11 got me hunting a little harder, and I found a neglected wall display near the end of the shoe department, where strangely, most of the heels on display were size 11s! Including, the same style pump in the clearance rack, but in patent black this time!

Just did a quick search, these were definitely the shoes:

http://www.ninewest.com/Barbe/2929563,default,pd.html?cgid=7006&itemNum=66&variantSizeClass=&variantColor=DBROWLE

So I tried them on. Sadly, too tight. But gorgeous, and even though they were too tight, it was nice departure from the cheap shoes I usually buy. I do have one pair of used Nine West heels, size 11, that I bought at a thrift store. They're also a little tight, but for the price I couldn't say no (I think they were $3, half off from $6).

On the same trip to this department store, I came to realize that the Jessica Simpson brand has so many incredible styles, but they only go up to size 10 in most types. Dissapointing, I saw at least TWO styles that might have gone home with me. Couldn't find their pictures on the official site, either.

Still, shopping is fun because it's almost like a treasure hunt for those size 11s. And I've started to grow accustomed to going home empty handed, and being satisfied that I enjoyed the search.

Using what I've learned from this thread, I took a trip over to Marshall's and TJ Max. I didn't realize they carried so many name-brand shoes! Unfortunately, I was only able to find a few boring pairs of 11s at Marshall's, and nothing at TJ Max. They had a lot of 10s, and both stores actually had the shoes I was talking about in my previous post for only $34.99. Of course, no 11s. Darn!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some pics done. My wife saw the receipt from Nine West about a week ago and questioned it, (and knew she didn't buy anything). I just came back from Virginia and showed her the boots that I bought, dark brown leather Anne Klein riding boots with a 2" heel. She looked and was okay as she said they were "unisex." So, under pants is fine, but over the pants - no, they are "too feminine - people will think you are gay."

End result, I wear them over jeans when out by myself and under around my wife.

post-9697-133522903991_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904003_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904016_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904026_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904033_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Finally got some pics done. My wife saw the receipt from Nine West about a week ago and questioned it, (and knew she didn't buy anything). I just came back from Virginia and showed her the boots that I bought, dark brown leather Anne Klein riding boots with a 2" heel. She looked and was okay as she said they were "unisex." So, under pants is fine, but over the pants - no, they are "too feminine - people will think you are gay."

Those are fantastic boots! I know this is a strange thing to say, and frankly has nothing to do with heels, but if the way I am dressed makes people think I am gay, then I must be doing something right! Ironically, a typical gay man would likely never go for that look, unless he were a freestyler anyway. I have been looking for the right pair of flat boots for sometime now and those would fit the bill remarkably.

Not to make any comment on your wife, but it just seems to me that people really need to get over that "people think..." thing. It seems to occupy women more than men. Case in point, during a few outings I have noticed people, women in particular, laughing. I have always thought that was a strange reaction - like a guy who incorporates traditional women's clothing into their wardrobe is a cast member from Monty Python, Benny Hill, Flip Wilson, or John Bulushi doing Elizabeth Taylor. Just a random thought...and a bit off topic...sorry.

Great boots none the less. Would you mind sharing what you paid for them?

I agree completelty, HappyFeat, this remark about (& I quote) "people will think you are gay" is just about the stupidest thing to say, all due to ignorance ofcourse like only in her mind is what she REALLY means!:blinkbigeyes:

Very nice boots - looking to get a similar pair for myself, currently bidding on ebay. Showed the wife and she thinks theyre pretty unisex but made a VERY similar comment to your wife. Do they go to school for this?

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

I think that the wives are trying to figure us out and really can't. I truly believe that they are trying to understand but somehow, just can't make the connection that we are just a little bit (or a little bit more) different in out fashion taste. We know it is not malicious but doesn't make us feel any better.

HappyFeat, they were a wonderful $58.00 including tax at the Nine West Outlet in Norwalk, CT. I would have bought them in black also but they are no where to be found (VA, DC, MD, NY, CT).

It's all about the heel!

So, personally, I really like the riding boot look and I wonder when it became uncool. I mean, if it is good enough for George Washington AND Obi Wan Kenobi to wear a low heeled boots on the outside, it must be good enough for us, right? I think we can blame it on goose stepping germans and russians in WWII and the cold war. I have a great pair of brown riding boots but I wear them under pants.

HappyFeat, Laughter is a natural human reaction to an incongruous situation. A man dressed in women's clothing and recognizable as a man is an incongruous situation. Our upbringing and our contact with society teaches us that men normally wear men's clothing and women can wear women's or men's clothing. So when we see a man in women's clothing, no matter how well put together the outfit is, it's a disconnect that elicits laughter. This kind of incongruity is the basis of comedy. It's why jesters and clowns wear "funny" clothing. Drag queens often take it to the extreme, too, with exaggerated wigs or make-up. I would venture that 60-70 years ago, men laughed at women in pants. I know I laughed when I first saw a guy wearing earrings. After a couple of times, the comic effect goes away and it becomes just another guy in women's fashions. Think of yourself as a walking billboard, educating the unwashed masses... Steve

• Like 1

Cool boots! I wouldn't mind a pair of those myself! I'm impressed!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Wow - you're impressed??

Sure I am! A nice looking pair of boots is a nice looking pair of boots, regardless of how high, or how low the heels are! And yours look sharp! Bravo! :blinkbigeyes:

The Nine West website had a good sale on boots that I had seen for about $150 had come down in price. These "Rontae" boots came in black synthetic or black patent synthetic but, although I am partial to patent, didn't think that they fit the look. So, I ordered them on line and took them to Virginia with me on my feet and back. The have a 1/2 inch platform and a 4 inch stiletto heel. I got them for $59 plus tax and later saw them in DSW for the same price.

At one point leaving the rest area on the NJ Tpke I heard an "Oh my God" but dopey teens are what they are and went about my business. That was the only positive or negative that I could hear on the way down and back up to Conn.

I wore them with the blue turtleneck sweater and "Lola" straight leg jeans but I did wear the red tunic top on the way home (but with the same jeans, not the tights - that'll be another time).

post-9697-133522904765_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904811_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904826_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904838_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522904846_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

The Nine West website had a good sale on boots that I had seen for about $150 had come down in price. These "Rontae" boots came in black synthetic or black patent synthetic but, although I am partial to patent, didn't think that they fit the look. So, I ordered them on line and took them to Virginia with me on my feet and back. The have a 1/2 inch platform and a 4 inch stiletto heel. I got them for $59 plus tax and later saw them in DSW for the same price.

At one point leaving the rest area on the NJ Tpke I heard an "Oh my God" but dopey teens are what they are and went about my business. That was the only positive or negative that I could hear on the way down and back up to Conn.

I wore them with the blue turtleneck sweater and "Lola" straight leg jeans but I did wear the red tunic top on the way home (but with the same jeans, not the tights - that'll be another time).

WOW!! What can I possibly say except that those boots look absolutely fantastic! You certainly have good taste in picking out those boots, then exhibited your good style with that outfit you paired with them! Brilliant, my friend! :blinkbigeyes:

I did a little Nine West shopping yesterday at the outlet store just south of Pittsburgh. I picked up a couple pair of interesting shoes for me and a couple pair of boots for a Valentine's Day gift. The clerks were very nice and even brought me a sheet showing all of the new shoes they are expecting to come in over the next couple of weeks. In fact, they are setting aside some size 11 sandals for me to try the next time I am in! Talk about great service...

I like the picture with the faux leather leggings. I also have a pair of that type leggings. I recently bought a long purple sweater on the clearance rack in the tall men's section of Penny's. The sweater goes to just above my knee. Perfect for those leggings and my knee high boots with 2-3/4" block heels. I am looking foreward to wearing the combo real soon!