Un-normal mode of style

Thought I'd do something different, normally I'm in jeans and T shirts occasional proper shirts or chino's, summer in shorts when it's warm enough,:w00t2: Whenever? Being suited and booted as the saying goes is fairly rare, well lets leave the boot part out for the time being and go a little bit formal in heels. We have a party next week but the heels have to stay off:mecry:. however I think this works? Al

post-14144-133522874246_thumb.jpg

Then again, if you're going formal would'nt a pair of suede slingback pumps with 4" or 5" heels be more appropriate than sandals?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Really good, but I'd work a bit on the outfit. I think that a black [contrary to dark grey etc.] tailcoat or tuxedo, and possibly a corset for a more androgynous silhouette, would look great. I'd wear classic pumps, too - the sandals don't go very well with formal wear, but it's only my opinion.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I agree that a pump would work better...more classic more elegant. However, I wouldn't rule out a sandal, but for a formal event it should be a bit more strappy. I do like the look however!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks Guys It was a bit impromptu I had just got the shirt and was trying it on added the suit and being in the sandals (5"), well I just left them on. My Mary Janes I think would be better. My platforms, as they're knee boots may be a bit wasted but right toe shape. The ankle boots are too rounded toe for this. May go looking for a pointy court shortly, I did fall in love with what I got AnneV on Friday, a pair of deep cherry patent courts (she kept them on for about 3 hours that evening so she really liked them). The suit colour is nearly black and I do have a deeper black waistcoat that comfirms the difference, As I may only be in a suit 6? times a year a Tux maybe wasted, Tails could be more fun. I shall see what turns up and where we go? Thanks again Guys Al

Yes Amanda Those are 29" perfect for flats, I think 31 would be better for those heels (5"), unfortunately none in stock when I got those, otherwise they would have looked a bit better. Thanks again. Al

I agree with the comments about a closed toe pump being better with that suit, but I would also recommend dark sheer hose or trouser socks. Black is a classier look than pale skin, which just doesn't suit the suit, if you know what I mean. GWL

I quite agree with what has been posted here. A more classy look with a pair of pointy-toed closed pumps and dark hose to set off the whole outfit. Let us know what you decided upon and how the event went for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I liked the look and the choice of high heels did not bother me. This is my regular attire: man's suit and high heels. Although I probably would have worn stiletto high heeled pumps with this suit. But it still looks cool. Congratulations.

Alsheels:-) I like that look with the pointy-toed heels. It just fits so well with your outfit. A woman would look just that way also so you should be just fine. Classy look, my friend. Go for it. Cheers--- DawN HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!