First time going out "as a woman" !

danielp6406

Greeting everyone, On Saturday November 1st many friends will organize an Halloween party. Only simple rule for the custume: Women as men and men as women. I said "Why not ?" It is just halloween after all and we will have fun. (Other men will also be as women so no big deal) I decided to do it after reading a lot of post here about men going out as women and most of you seems to like it. This will be my first "going out" looking like a women. This was never in my plans (or in my wildest dreams) ...Until now :winkiss: I never wore any make-up or a wig before. I took an appointment at the beauty salon for Saturday afternoon for my make-up and nails. This is for REAL: No going back ! I am now very NERVOUS and very ANXIOUS at the same time. It is hard to explain. What I am anxious about is "HOW" I will feel looking like a women ? (However, I am not sure of how good I will look but we will see on Saturday !) Will keep you posted (If I am still alive)

I know it's not an excuse for you just to wear heels in public. You have said on other posts that you publically heel quite often. But have a good time.

GWL

Hello gwl1 :-)

To be more precise (as already stated in another of my post),

the only time I wear heels in "public" is at work at the office.

This is not the same as wearing them in "real" public (With strangers).

I can't wait to see what type of heels other men will wear and

how good they will be walking in them :winkiss:

If some men are as good as I am, then I will know they also "enjoy" heels !

(Can't wait to see that !)

Daniel, It sounds like a fun party! Have A great time. Based on the comments written on this board, be ready for the "...How do you walk in those heels..." questions. I suggest an answer given to another question on this board previously. How do you get to Carnagie Hall? Practice!!! Man, practice!!

I love Halloween, it lets you push your boundries and live fantasies with very little to no negativity. I did the gender switch last year, 2 friends, my gf, and I went to the bar in the University here in town and I was dressed as a "gothy" School Girl (pics available upon request). I was inspiered to do the costume when I saw a short grey with black plaid, pleated skirt at the mall for $15 (cdn). And I was also able to wear a pair of Ellie black shiny vinyl, 5 inch chunky heel (1.5 inch platform) boots, which I haven't had the guts to wear out any other time. A friend's gf who we ran into there loved them and asked where I got them. Ebay if yer wondering? And after we left the bar we went to a Subway (sandwich place, not the trains) And caught a few of the workers and customers (2 other guys and their gf's) off guard. Anyway, my point is, I never made any bets, I just did up the costume and it was a blast! The best was catching guys checking me out then turning around and embarassing them infront of their friends :winkiss: Believe me, you'll enjoy it.

I would never have thought, but I feel so much more comfortable wearing heels along with a wig and women's clothes, than simply hiding them under long men's jeans! Thinking more about it, I think it's like changing into an imaginary figure, and if you get any insulting reactions, which I hardly ever get to my surprise, then I say they are not against me but against this imaginary figure. But two things, and this is just me: 1. I want to be able to switch back and forth between "normal" and imaginary female easily and quickly (therefore: no make-up, amongst other reasons) and 2. I want to make it for others as hard as possible to identify me.

Halloween is nice because you get decent wigs everywhere really easy, without being looked at strangely.

Thank you everyone for your nice comments :winkiss:

Stilettoscot :-)

It will be fun for sure !

About the pictures, I already know that the other

men do not want their picture to be taken...

(I am guessing they are affraid they could be recognized ?)

If their "costume" is good enough then they should not be affraid.

(Will see once there if I can take pictures or not ...)

I will have my picture taken at the beauty salon after my "makeover" is done.

This one I will gladdly post it here for everybody to see :nervous:

vector :-)

As stated in my post "If some men are as good as I am (wearing heels)..."

and the question "...How do you walk in those heels...": Maybe I could

be a little bit "clumsy" on purpose ? ( Don't worry I won't do that )

I want them to make comments on the way I walk in heels... It will be fun :sad:

NewfieGuyInHeels :-)

Your Halloween story is very good. Hoping something similar will happen to me.

And like you, It will be an occasion for me to wear my above the knee

4" heel black boots which I never wore outside the house... ( Wow ! )

heelma :-)

You said "I would never have thought, but I feel so much more comfortable

wearing heels along with a wig and women's clothes"

This is similar to the question in my post "How I will feel looking like a women ?".

I can't wait to get the answer to this question.

Halloween is the only time of the year where it is "acceptable and normal"

for a man to wear heels and be dressed as a woman.

As I said in another post, too bad Halloween is not every month of the year

(In my case, to wear Heels "as a man" but not dressed as a woman)

danielp6406, You could use this event to launch wearing heels all the time. Do they know that you want to become an open heeler? If not, then ask some one to help you get some heels, that you like of course, to wear for the party. Then after the party you can let them know the heels really feel comfortable and you wouldn't mind wearing them all the time. Here's wishing you to a successful heeling goal, should decide to accept this mission. This message will not self-destruct. Happy Heeling

Heelma –

You said a couple of things that can lead to a lot of contradiction and frustration.

“I would never have thought, but I feel so much more comfortable wearing heels along with a wig and women's clothes, than simply hiding them under long men's jeans!”

And

“1. I want to be able to switch back and forth between "normal" and imaginary female easily and quickly (therefore: no make-up, amongst other reasons) and

2. I want to make it for others as hard as possible to identify me.”

My suggestions:

When wearing heels don’t bother “hiding them under long men's jeans”. If your wearing heels, people are going to notice. So if your going to wear heels don’t worry about it. Not worrying about really reduces the stress level.

If you want to “I want to be able to switch back and forth between normal and ‘imaginary female’ easily and quickly” consider redefining normal and ‘imaginary female’ onto a single image. One that is not completely female and one that is not completely normal (whatever that is), that way you don’t have to switch.

As for the concept of “I want to make it for others as hard as possible to identify me”, forget it. If you are going to dress out of the norm for your local, people will notice. But if you don’t want people to notice, why wear heels or clothing styles that are out of the norm in the first place? :winkiss:

Enjoy your heels (seriously)

:nervous:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I am going to a halloween party that is being thrown by a co-worker buddy. My wife suggested I go fully dressed en femme, but I just can't bring myself to do it. What if I do it too well, or whatever, I just would be afraid to give my other co-workers any ideas, since I already do womens jeans and occasional do some discreet heels at work, I am not quite ready to go to that level. However, I will go out to another unrelated halloween party that same weekend in full female attire. I know I should just get over it and do the work party, especially with my wife suggesting I do it, ahh well maybe next year.

Histiletto :-)

They don't know that I want to become an open heeler.

In fact, nobody knows. Those who saw me in heels are

my co-workers at the office and the employees at the

beauty salon. They all think I am a little bit "weird"...

(BTW, yesterday I wore my new ALDO boots with heels

fully exposed. Reaction from co-workers ? Not a single word !)

Don't know if I am ready to tell them the "truth" yet :winkiss:

Your idea about "asking someone to help me to get some heels"

is a good one but I want to control my heels spending for now :smile:

(Bought a new pair of boot last weekend...)

Dawn HH :-)

I agree with you (As I said in post # 3). If I find other men who

also like wearing heels then I will give them the address of this site :nervous:

hhboots :-)

Same with me. I don't think I would go to a halloween party with

my co-workers. It would be a little bit "too much" for them.

They already think I am "weird" and it is enough for now :sad:

hoverfly :-)

As I already said, It will be the first time I will be dressed as a women.

I don't know how I will "feel" in front of strangers...

Some members here prefer wearing heels with female attire and some don't

Will see what happens November 1... :)

The funny thing is is here in the UK you are supposed to dress up as something scary for halloween not just dress up... Personally I don't need an excuse to dress as a woman, and never have any problems doing so- Just ask any of the Heelmeet attendees...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

“I would never have thought, but I feel so much more comfortable wearing heels along with a wig and women's clothes, than simply hiding them under long men's jeans!”

When wearing heels don’t bother “hiding them under long men's jeans”. If your wearing heels, people are going to notice. So if your going to wear heels don’t worry about it. Not worrying about really reduces the stress level.

I had plenty of experiences and posted many of these here already, and I can only say that very, very few people noticed. If you wear really long jeans over your heels (and with long I mean 38" inseam, instead of my normal 34"), you can already fool 95+% of the people who are driving by or walking in farther distance to you. Only those who pass by you immediately, have a real chance to notice. I looked at myself in windows acting as mirrors many times, and even when walking, I often couldn't see my heels that way. I also took movies and pictures of myself, while test-walking at home and it was hardly noticeable.

“1. I want to be able to switch back and forth between "normal" and imaginary female easily and quickly (therefore: no make-up, amongst other reasons) and

2. I want to make it for others as hard as possible to identify me.”

If you want to “I want to be able to switch back and forth between normal and ‘imaginary female’ easily and quickly” consider redefining normal and ‘imaginary female’ onto a single image. One that is not completely female and one that is not completely normal (whatever that is), that way you don’t have to switch.

Sorry, you are so completely missing the point here, it's not even funny anymore ...

My situation is just not like I can/want to show up boldly with heels on wherever I want. If you can, fine - do so. Please respect each individuals personal situation, and please don't try to teach me why my way of doing it is inferior. It takes me 10min(!) each to switch from "normal" to "imaginary female" and back. That's very tolerable to me, but my time is very limited and I want to have as much fun time (heeling) as possible, while at the same time going back to where I came from without any change.

As for the concept of “I want to make it for others as hard as possible to identify me”, forget it. If you are going to dress out of the norm for your local, people will notice. But if you don’t want people to notice, why wear heels or clothing styles that are out of the norm in the first place? :winkiss:

I might not have been clear, but that's totally not what I meant. What I wanted to say is that I don't care if strangers on the street realize that I am a guy wearing women's clothes, though I do think that based on the few reactions I notice that most don't pay attention enough to see it. What I do care about is that in the very rare occasion that I bump into someone I know, teenagers take videos of me, etc., that in such cases people will not immediately realize who I really am. None of this ever happened to me yet. I looked at myself in the mirror many times and I had to look very carefully to see that it's me, with wig, huge sunglasses and women's clothes.

If you read my suggestions as an inference that your ways of doing things are inferior or, if the suggestions were presented in a manner that was too abrasive, then I offer my apology, because neither was intended.

to each his own

One has a right to one's personal preferences, as in I'd never pick that color, but to each his own. Versions of this maxim appeared in the late 1500s but the modern wording was first recorded in 1713.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I find it "quite unfortunate" that the subject of my original post is now being transformed into a "debate" between some members of this forum which have nothing to do with the reason of my post. May I suggest that we keep this thread based on my original post ? Thank you :winkiss:

I find it "quite unfortunate" that the subject of my original post

is now being transformed into a "debate" between some members

of this forum which have nothing to do with the reason of my post.

May I suggest that we keep this thread based on my original post ?

Thank you :winkiss:

lol, your entire thread "going out as a woman" is off topic for this website, but its still here...

Maybe this would be more suited to a CD/TV website?

Personally, I think too many guys use haloween as an excuse just to cross-dress and forget the actual meaning of haloween completely...

Like Dr Shoe said, its meant to be a time of scary and frightening, ghosts and what-not, especially for children, not an annual cross-dressing parade....

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

lol, your entire thread "going out as a woman" is off topic for this website, but its still here...

Tech :-)

Sorry if I started a thread which is not 100% on topic for this forum.

Note that I am a guy wearing heels in male mode who never dressed

as a women before. And yes, Halloween is an excuse for me to do it.

So please feel free to delete this thread if it is off topic for this website.

Personally, I think too many guys use haloween as an excuse just to cross-dress and forget the actual meaning of haloween completely...

Like Dr Shoe said, its meant to be a time of scary and frightening, ghosts and what-not, especially for children, not an annual cross-dressing parade....

I basically agree, but I guess you understand as well that for so many here, heeling publicly is something they always dreamt of and never have the guts to do. Even more so, for some other member who want to dress up as a woman. So, calling it an "excuse" is not really something that should be said to this community here, particularly not from a member (and even if you're one of the webmaster). Rather, let's encourage people to use this once-in-a-year opportunity to live out their dreams!

...Personally, I think too many guys use haloween as an excuse just to cross-dress and forget the actual meaning of haloween completely...

If it was just guys who c/d who were the ones "corrupting' Halloween for kids, I'd say maybe you have a point.

But there are two points that contradict this:

1. Halloween costumes are no longer gools & goblins. 6yr old girls are Snow White (6yr boys, who knows). The bottom line is that Halloween has been (for at least the past few decades) about dressing up as something you aren't. All any of need to do is think about the costumes we were when we went out trick or treating. I can't remember ever being anything scary.

2. Men who c/d at Halloween I'm pretty sure aren't trick or treating door to door, competing with 6-12yr old children for candy, they are looking to do it in an adult context (maybe a party), which are big now (whether a commerical party, or one at home). There are I'm sure a lot of woman who dress up as a sexy nurse, wench, pimp & ho costumes for couples have been popular recently. They probably like that once a year opportunity to dress without predudice (dress like that any other time of the year, and it's probably, "You slut!").

There are a LOT of posters on this website that are extremely out (JeffB comes to mind immediately). It's great that he feels comfortable doing that, without care of what anyone else thinks.

However, there are also a LOT of posters who are VERY conservative, to some degree even scared of public heeling. Anything that can make them feel more comfortable, whether it's a low heel to start, longer pants to hide heels, here, this once a year opportunity to dress as they wish, I say go for it.

I once considered wearing my heels to work for Halloween, but I walk so well in them that all of my co-workers would instantly know that I've already had lots of practice, and I don't imagine I'll ever be comfortable with even the idea of any of them knowing that I like to wear heels more than once a year.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Did I say anything about "Corrupting haloween for kids"? Did I say anything bad about guys who want to cross-dress? Did I say anything other than " "using haloween as an excuse to cross-dress, (and here is the critical part) AND FORGETTING THE MEANING OF WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT".... I'm not saying people shouldnt dress up... I'm not saying people shouldnt be different for haloween... I simply highlighted the fact that "some" people use it only as an excuse to cross-dress and nothing else, in the "haloween means nothing more than a chance to dress as a woman and go out" kind of sense... Forget I said anything, all people ever do is mis-read, mis-interpret, and then quote things that were never said... If you guys were not so serious about the cross-dressing then you would have totally understood my light hearted comment and the fact that it was my second point that was the important part "and forget the actual meaning of haloween completely.." Funny how people focus only on the things that apply to them...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!