The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I second Bootking's suggestion, Jeff. What can it hurt. I have found many Nine West styles that I can even do a 10 1/2 in them, but there are styles (such as anything with a pointy toe, particularly pumps) I need a 12, but the 12s are very roomy. Along a related line, I was in Macy's recently (not heeling, just browsing) and wandered into the shoe department. On the price tags they usually pit a size range (almost always 6-10M), but I saw a few pair of Alfini that went up to a 13. The department was very busy at the time, but I did think to ask for you. The only trouble is their size range they put on the shoes isn't always accurate, so if I see something I like, I always ask. But next time you are out and about, say at KoP, wander into Nine West, see if they have any 12's and just give them a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Style is built from the ground up!

Bootking & HappyFeat: Many thanks for the info! I'll be sure to give Nine West a try at my earliest opportunity.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Dawn HH & Wile_E_Coyot: Thanks for the kind words. I simply do as best I can, and have fun along the way too!

Dawn HH & Wile_E_Coyot: Thanks for the kind words. I simply do as best I can, and have fun along the way too!

Can't wait to see how you dress up the new pair of black patent pumps you just purchased. A knee length little black dress with black stockings would be simple and look nice. Awesome to wear at a performance of the Philadelphia Harmonic Orchestra. ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Can't wait to see how you dress up the new pair of black patent pumps you just purchased. A knee length little black dress with black stockings would be simple and look nice. Awesome to wear at a performance of the Philadelphia Harmonic Orchestra. ;-)

Heh! Thanks lots for the suggestion! Sounds like a real winner! As bold as I've become of late, I might just give that a try if I can find the right dress!

:w00t2:

2/8/2009:

With the mercury climbing into the upper 50's today with plenty of sunshine, I decided it was time for another outing, my seventh straight in a skirt, and while I'm sure you're all tired of reading this, but again, wearing nothing else occured to me. However, this was a first as I wore pumps with my skirt! Here's my outfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket over a gray turtleneck, the 22 inch denim skirt from last week's outing, L'eggs off-black pantyhose and the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in black. Oh, yeah, I opted for bringing my black handbag with me on this trip as I have no qualms about carrying one. The rationale for wearing pumps today was a simple one----it was way too pleasant for boots! If one were to describe my outfit (and don't I look damn good in it?), you could say that it was just north of casual, but just south of dressy. A perfect mix of the two I'd say.

As for my first destination, that was also different for me as I sought to push the envelope just a tad further, so I decided to go to a sitdown restaurant for lunch, in this case, Olive Garden, one of my favorite dining destinations. After arriving at the restaurant, I was surprised that it took just a little longer than normal to muster up my courage, mainly because this was the first time I've worn pumps with a skirt in public and I was a bit more nervous than usual. It took almost fifteen minutes before I took a deep breath and finally climbed out of the car. And yeah, it definitely felt different from all the other times I've worn skirts, but the click-clack of my heels helped to calm me down as I walked to the entrance.

Once inside, I was greeted by a member of the wait staff and was aksed "how many". One I replied causally, acting perfectly normal (the only way to go), there were three other wait staff at the desk, but they didn't give me so much as a cursory glance as I was led into the dining area. As it was around 12:30 p.m., the dining area was quite crowded with other patrons, and those that cared, got a good look at me as I was taken to my table in a corner where I sat next to a typical "nuclear" family (mom, dad, two kids). However, nothing happened as no one seemed to care that a guy in a skirt and heels had just come in. I found that extremely refreshing. After being given a menu, it didn't take long to decide on an entree.

Folks, if you ever visit Olive Garden, have the Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara which was wicked good. After finishing my meal and paying the bill (along with a nice tip for the waitperson), I left, casual as could be, even though the place was fairly well packed and everyone could see me. I didn't care. Stop two was right around the corner since the restaurant was part of the western suburb strip mall in Springfield that I visit often, going to the Hallmark store as I remembered that I needed to buy a birthday card for a co-worker. Walking into the store, a guy and girl, both in the 20's were at the register, the guy's eyes widened into saucers, and as I passed by, I could hear him giggle, but the girl whispered to him to shut up.

After picking out a card I liked, I went to the register where the guy was alone, but he had regained his composure and acted professional as he rung up my purchase. I could've said something about his having giggled earlier but decided not to. Once I left, I went to Borders which was just as packed as Olive Garden, I got more than a few glances and odd looks, thought I heard a giggle but wasn't sure, again, I didn't care, I was comfortable and nothing could bother me. I spent about twenty minutes browsing the aisles, bought some manga then headed out for home. In retrospect, I was surprised at how easy it was for me to be seen in a skirt and pumps after overcoming my initial nervousness, and yeah, I had lots of fun.

Going in, I knew I'd garner more stares than normal because of my attire, thus that nervousness because I had no idea what to expect, but once the nervousness faded, calmness sat in and I enjoyed the outing. With each successive outing, wearing a skirt becomes more and more natural to me, and I like that feeling. Maybe one day, just to do something different, I'll wear pants instead of a skirt with my heels. Heh! Funny how it used to be the other way around once.

I love reading The Jaunts of JeffB and HappyFeat! This is a great story and I like your sober "devil may care" attitude towards others. Me thinks an update to the adventures of kneehighs is now long overdue! And thanks to the ongoing threads like this and Happy Feat's, I have an inspiration.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Way to go Jeff! Isn't it amazing, the feeling of calm that overcomes you while out. Since I had my first "true" experience in a skirt recently, my first thought was how silly I was at being apprehensive to do it in the first place. I know it get overstated here, but I for one can corroborate that few people notice- I was even talking to somebody who didn't notice I was in a skirt three feet from them until I told them! The only thing I can say is dressing how you want, when you want and where you want is simply the most empowering experience that I have ever felt. What could be more powerful than simply having the feeling to be yourself? Soon, I want to do the skirt hing with pumps as well and you are setting an excellent example. Yes, Kneehighs- an update to adventures is long overdue! I can say that I am looking forward to that.

kneehighs: Wow! I must really be doing something right if I'm suddenly an inspiration to you! I'm honored! HappyFeat: Yeah, it was quite a delightful experience, being out there in a skirt and pumps, the handbag too! And I felt perfectly natural and at ease after overcoming that initial nervousness. More importantly, it felt extremely empowering and satisfying, being able to dress like I want to dress, not like society says I should dress. I'm glad to be able to set a proper example for you. By all means, give the skirt and pumps combo a try, I'm sure you'll find it to be just as exhilirating as I did!

JeffB:-) You finally did it and the world didn't come tumbling down on you. You, Happyfeat, TBG, and a few others are my heros right now since I can't try to do what you do at the present time, it's nice to know that you guys have broken the ice for the rest of us to follow. Charge on, my liege. BTW---your outfit looked fabulous with the pumps. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

You finally did it and the world didn't come tumbling down on you. You, Happyfeat, TBG, and a few others are my heros right now since I can't try to do what you do at the present time, it's nice to know that you guys have broken the ice for the rest of us to follow. Charge on, my liege.

BTW---your outfit looked fabulous with the pumps.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I simply do the very best I can. By venturing out in skirts of late, I feel as though I've expanded my horizons and broken new ground in my own explorations of fashion freedom, and I've certainly enjoyed the trip so far.

2/14/2009: Another day, another outing, another opportunity to have some fun in this, my eighth straight outing in a skirt! However, since it was pretty well chilly (temps didn't see the high side of 40), I was back in my favorite long skirt, so the world was denied seeing my great legs! HA! Here's what I wore:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My old standby black leather jacket, a black zip-up turtleneck, the aforementioned long skirt and the other old standby, my Payless "Tara" boots which I've worn the hell out of lately, but they're so comfortable to me. And again, like on my previous outings, wearing anything other than a skirt was never a consideration. My first stop was downtown and my favorite comic book shop, but I had to swing by an ATM for a little spending money, and here's where I inadvertantly almost caused an accident. After parking the car and climbing out, across the street, a black guy in a SUV craned his head and stared wide-eyed at me, in fact, he stared so long, he almost rear-ended a car in front of him, hitting the brakes just in time. What was his problem? I mean, it's not like he never saw a man wearing a skirt and heels before! Oh, wait, maybe he hadn't! Heh!

After visiting the comic shop where I was greeted like every other customer, and the other six people in there at the time never gave me so much as a second glance (we comic book fans are a different lot), it was off to South Jersey and the Sears store at the Moorestown Mall where I needed to buy a new bathroom scale, I wandered into the store, casual as could be, went up to the second floor where I made my purchase, but then, instead of leaving the store, I pushed the envelope by going into the mall itself, something I've yet to do in a skirt and heels, again, I acted calm and cool and casual, strolling at a slow, leisurely pace like every other shopper. I didn't garner much in the way of serious looks like the guy in the SUV, they minded their business and I minded mine, simple as that. I found that to have been extremely exhilirating.

Once out of the mall, it was off to Barnes & Noble where I spent nearly an hour in the lounge area with a tall cup of lemonade, a large stuffed soft pretzel and a couple of magazines. Again, I was just another customer, no one paid me much in the way of attention, and I was content with that. Following another near hour's worth of browsing through Best Buy (bought a couple of anime DVD's), it was off for home. When I look back on today's outing, I surprised myself at just how at ease I felt in public while wearing a skirt, like I had been doing that all my life instead of a scant couple of months. And, yeah, it's been a boatload of fun! While I can't or don't expect others to follow in my footsteps, I'm living proof that you can successfully show off your own brand of fashion freedom. Already, I can't wait for my next little adventure!

"a black guy in a SUV craned his head and stared wide-eyed at me, in fact, he stared so long, he almost rear-ended a car in front of him, hitting the brakes just in time"

Can you imagine the police interview if the SUV guy had hit the car in front of him ...

“Well there was this black dude wearing a skirt and boots with high heels and... oh never mind”

or

“There was this really cute dude....”

or

“...and I just couldn’t believe my eyes... a guy in a skirt...”

or

“...and I just couldn’t believe my eyes... another guy in a skirt just like mine...”

or

“... I was so distracted because it was such a fashion no no, The shirt was much too long and you couldn’t see his knees. I bet he had cute knees.”

Great outing Jeff. ;-)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG: Bravo! That was a hilarious take on my little encounter with that wide-eyed guy in the SUV! HA!

2/15/2009:

A short outing today as I wanted to get back to the crib in time to watch my Flyers pimp-slap the rival New York Rangers (which they did, most satisfying!), but an outing nonetheless, my ninth straight outing in a skirt. However, after going long yesterday, I went short today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The outfit, my favorite black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, a new, 20 inch skirt I bought at JC Penney, L'eggs black tights and the Pleaser Vanity 2013 knee boots. You know, when I compare the skirt I wore today with what I wore yesterday, I've kinda arrived at the opinion that I definitely look better in a short skirt, and I get to show off my legs too. Heh! Anyhoo, I went to Barnes & Noble for a book to read while sitting in the reception room of my doctor's office this coming Thursday for my annual check-up. After arriving in the parking lot of the strip mall in Springfield where the Borders is, I needed only five minutes to prep myself this time before getting out of the car, almost instantly, I felt at ease as I headed towards the store, I was calm and cool, confidently wearing what I want, not what society demands, and that means a lot to me.

Once inside the store, I wasn't at all surprised to see that it was fairly well packed. I guess lovers of books, magazines and overpriced coffee gather there en masse on Sundays. Anyhoo, the clicking of my heels on a wooden portion of the floor just inside the main enterance announced my arrival, and no one cared, no one went wide eyed like the guy in the SUV yesterday, no gasps of shocks, nothing. I found that refreshing. While I sought a nice, fat book to read in the sci-fi aisle, a little blond girl, I'm guessing she was no more than four or five gazed up at me from ten feet away, I thought she was going to scream at the top of her tiny lungs, "Mommy! That man's wearing a skirt!", but she didn't, so I grinned and waved at her and she skittered off. You always have to be wary of little kids who'll blurt out anything, anytime, anywhere. Certainly a risk.

I made a point to take my time, leisurely strolling the aisles trying to decide what I wanted, everyone could see me, but it was all silence, and I was glad for that. I wound up spending about twenty to twenty-five minutes in the store, totally at ease with myself in a skirt and not caring what others around me thought of my appearance. I mean, if I didn't care about what they wore, why should they care about what I wear? If I gave the other shoppers a chuckle or something to talk about with their friends, so be it. And with that, I left for home and hockey on the tube. While my outing was brief, it was personally rewarding as I'm growing more comfortable wearing short skirts in public, so who knows what will happen with me next? Should be lots of fun!

Jeff, you should be careful in crosswalks if you can get that kind of reaction at the ATM. I totally agree that you should stick to shorter shirts, they really do flatter you! And those boot you wore Sunday are HOT. Great move in wandering into the mall as well. I have found that the more I push myself to try now things and places, the better I feel. One question, all of the skirts you wear a denim. Have you thought of trying skirts in other material? Keep it up!

HappyFeat: Thanks for the kind words about how I look in short skirts. I agree wholeheartedly, and they're fun to wear too! Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that the skirt I wore on Sunday has a slit in back! Whoo-hoo! I'll have to wear that one more! Glad you liked the boots, I'll make a note to wear those more too before the season ends. to answer your question, I do have a couple of knit skirts, one knee long the other shin length, but I prefer denim as it works better for casual outings, but I'll see about changing things up for a future jaunt. Bootking: The star of HHP? Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. I simply do the very best I can. Thanks for the compliment.

• 2 weeks later...

3/1/2009:

Friends, I'm about to shock the world, or, at least the people who visit this website. Anyhoo, I went on an outing today----but I wore pants instead of a skirt!! GASP!! Shocking!! Positively shocking!! Here's what I wore today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My favorite black leather jacket over a magenta turtleneck, gray, skin tight jeans and the Pleaser Legend 8868 black thigh boots. It had been awhile since I last wore the thigh highs, so I decided to take them out for a spin. I had almost forgotten how much fun it was to wear the Legend boots, but I was reminded of that almost instantly when I paired them with the tight jeans which still fit well, despite having put on a few pounds lately. Gotta work off said pounds!

But I digress. The first stop on my outing took me to Best Buy where I had to buy a new Monster surge suppressor for my home theater. I'm sure I turned more than a few heads as I entered the store in my outfit, but hey, I'm used to that after all this time. However, what I wasn't used to was a heel almost sliding out on me on the store's slick floors, but I quickly corrected things before that slight slide turned into a slip and embarrassing fall. That made me quite conscious as I casually and slowly walked about the store, buying what I needed, followed by a good twenty or so minutes of wandering and ogling all things electronic as I always do when I'm in Best Buy.

Stop number two was at Borders. After picking up a couple of sports magazines, I bought a cup of iced tea then settled down in the lounge area to read and enjoy my tea for about thirty minutes. Not a peep out of anyone. Stop number three was at the Springfield Mall, my first time in a mall in openly displayed thigh boots. Grant you, Springfield is a fraction the size of King of Prussia, but it was still a daunting task as I sought to push the envelope just a little further, and while there were plenty of people about, no one gave me the time of day. In Borders, I was browsing through the manga aisles when a black woman in her 20's walked by, saying with a smile, "I like your boots". I returned her smile and thanked her. Needless to say, that made me feel great.

Yes, it felt great to expand my horizons just a little further by wearing thigh highs in a mall. I carried myself with calm, cool confidence which is the only way to go when exposed to world in the sort of outfit I wore, and it proved to have been an uneventful outing. And wearing pants was something of a revelation after the last two months worth of jaunts in skirts. As for when my next adventure will be I have no idea, with six inches of snow on the way tonight and "March Madness" (a.k.a. the NCAA men's basketball tournament for the sporting-challenged) right around the corner which will keep my weekends plenty busy, it could be April before my next outing. But, I will be out and about again, count on that!

Jeff, always looking good... That's a look I'd like to pull off... I tend to feel comfortable hiding my heels, but these days a skinny jean is popular at least on the ladies side - something like this...

http://store.alloy.com/item.do?itemID=49998&mybuyscid=2198162282&cmpid=MBRecm

Then a good pair of boots! Pleaser Seduce 3020's or your Legends would work I bet. I'll just have to summon your courage keep my head high an go out there... You and TBG inspire us all.

Hey Jeff! Wow, how much more daring can you get?

The only thing I can think of that would be more "astounding" than appearing in public like you were dressed is if you, dressed like that and Thighbootguy, wearing his usual thighboots and ensemble, walked into his art museum together.

I'd give 10 quid of Dr. Shoe's hard earned wages to see that......;-):w00t2::w00t2::clap::grin::lmao::jap:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

tallguyinheels: Many thanks! I do as best I can! The only thing about those skinny jeans I own that I don't like is that they're low rise, and I prefer my jeans to sit at my natural waist. Oh, well, no biggie. However, I want my next pair to be in black which would look great with my thigh boots. As for courage, it doesn't come automatically, not even for me, but once you've gotten that first outing under your belt, it gets easier from there. You just have to go and do it.

Bubba136: How daring? Well, I like to think there are still boundaries I've yet to cross, like wearing thigh boots in larger, more crowded malls. That might well be next down the road. Can you imagine the commotion if two guys in thigh boots go strolling around the same museum? HA! That would be a hoot and a half!

JeffB -

Sorry I’m so long in posting...

My rather biased opinion is that the outfit looks GREAT.

If you ever make it to my neck of the woods I’ll break out an extra sketch book and we can show the art community how thigh boots should be worn. The Museum restaurant, by the way, serves excellent beverages.

If I can ever make it to your part of the world you can introduce me to the comic book world and show me how to really enjoy a football game.

I have worn my boots with black leather pants and various colored slacks (and skirts) but my favorite look is still with denim blue jeans. Not only are they comfortable but they provide a mild color contrast with the black boots which shows them off just enough. With black jeans the black boots blend in too much to be noticed.

I have a pair of blue thigh boots I wear with jeans when I want them to blend in and a white pair I wear when I really want to say “I’m wearing thigh boots”.

Repeating myself, I think the look is GREAT. ;-)

:w00t2:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great outing JeffB! I am glad you were able to make it out again in your thigh boots. They look great and you wear them well. As far as being more daring, you could combine them with your short skirt...;-) That would be over the top even for me! So, who is your team for the NCAA's?

TBG: Many thanks for the biased compliment. Heh! I kinda figured you'd like it. I'd be happy to take you to a couple of comic book shops in my neck of the woods? As for football, hey, if I can cultivate another fan of the Eagles, that'd be great too! HA! As for black jeans, I was thinking about something in the way of a slightly light shade of black than the boots I have, I think there would be just enough contrast to make it work. HappyFeat: Thanks for the kind words. I do as best I can, and I had lots of fun during that outing too! As for pairing the thigh boots with a really short skirt on a future outing, well, I haven't ruled that out! Who's my team in the NCAA's? I'm studying the favorites and I'm kinda torn between Pitt, UConn and North Carolina. Those look to be the strongest teams at present and could well go all the way. Can't wait for the tournament to start!