Hello all...

Hi all,

Long time browser, first time poster...

Closeted and confused for a long time, but getting familiar with this forum has made me realise that I'm not alone, and it's comforting to know that.

My collection of shoes is small, but growing rapidly, and I've yet to indulge in the delight of street-heeling as me. Well, that's not quite true, as for a few years, I was an active scene TV. But the desire to dress went away, unlike my passion for pretty shoes.

Wearing heels is something I've been happiest doing for as long as I can remember. A thrill, but a warm and tingly one. In fact, When dressed, I found walking in heels more comfortable than flats (is this a common phenomenon?), and when that side of my life stopped, I found myself missing wearing heels more than anything other aspect of it.

I'm hoping to start wearing heels regularly again - starting small, with these, and seeing where I go from there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120314481576&Category=63889

I have yet to experience the enjoyment of buying from a shop after trying them on, and it's something that I'd love to do. All the threads I've read on this forum tend to suggest I've no reason to be nervous... and yet, here I am.

Anyway, that's enough about me - it's just good to be among kindred spirits :winkiss:

K

Hello KA and welcome to HHP.

Nice to have another UK member on board. Good choice of shoe, I got a pair myself, however one word of warning, they are huge. I usually take a UK10 mens, but I wear my boots as UK8. BE CAREFUL They are PVC, but do shine quite well with a little polish. Heel is quite noisy as it is a hard plastic top so I would recommend you get a cobbler to replace with a rubber top. That wont slip as bad on a wet floor either. With jeans, they look just great so you will have no problem going out in them.

I can really empathise with where you are at, as can everyone else on here too. It is a head game, but selecting the right heels to start with is so important in getting out of the door. Don't forget to study the rest of the look because that makes you feel confident and so the fact you are wearing heels becomes muted.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Hello Keith and welcome. Good intro ... and I agree that flats just don't feel as good as heels. Even in my few pairs of men's shoes, I wear insole lifts inside so I almost feel like I am still in my heels :winkiss: and its not for height or anything like that. I am about 5'11" barefoot. Just the angle of the foot and arch support feels right in heels.

Hello and welcome :nervous:

So what part of UK do you hail from?

Hi Euchrid, I'm from Northampton. But work all over the place :sad:

Hello KA and welcome to HHP.

Nice to have another UK member on board. Good choice of shoe, I got a pair myself, however one word of warning, they are huge. I usually take a UK10 mens, but I wear my boots as UK8. BE CAREFUL They are PVC, but do shine quite well with a little polish. Heel is quite noisy as it is a hard plastic top so I would recommend you get a cobbler to replace with a rubber top. That wont slip as bad on a wet floor either. With jeans, they look just great so you will have no problem going out in them.

I can really empathise with where you are at, as can everyone else on here too. It is a head game, but selecting the right heels to start with is so important in getting out of the door. Don't forget to study the rest of the look because that makes you feel confident and so the fact you are wearing heels becomes muted.

Thighboots, thank you for your kind words and advice. I absolutely love this place, and it's nice to know that I'm far from alone in my esoteric appreciation of the high heel. I'm impressed with the practical advice, too... I must admit that I'd not thought about the noise those heels could potentially give off, so am looking forward to testing them out, and then taking a visit to Timpsons for a re-shod if they're unsuitable. I really do want to start using them regularly - even if it's not this pair.

Just one thought - you say about considering the rest of the look. What's the recommendation for an outfit to go with those boots then? I'm currently in the mood for an image makeover...

Hello Keith and welcome. Good intro ... and I agree that flats just don't feel as good as heels. Even in my few pairs of men's shoes, I wear insole lifts inside so I almost feel like I am still in my heels :winkiss: and its not for height or anything like that. I am about 5'11" barefoot. Just the angle of the foot and arch support feels right in heels.

I couldn't agree more - actually find it uncomfortable wearing flats, and need some kind of lift at all opportunities. Never thought about insole lifts. Will have a look now.

Welcome Keith to High Heel Place. Your enjoyment of high heels is shared by many friendly people at this website. Hope to hear more from you soon and welcome again.

Roni, it definitely feels great to be part of a community :)

I am really looking forward to getting involved.

K

Keith Adams:-)

Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure that by now you know that you are in the right place at the right time. Enjoy posting here.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah, I get the feeling there are some genuinely lovely people here. Just like me LOL

So far, I'm loving it, and it's a nice way of expressing myself :winkiss:

K

Welcome to the forum! I think the boots yo posted are a good selection for just starting out. Though I have been heeling for quite some time, it was only recently that I have become comfortable with more exotic foot ware for my excursions into more public places. In my opinion, they are great "gateway" shoes. Being a member here has really helped me become more fashion conscience and more confident in what shoes I where and where I wear them. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Style is built from the ground up!

Hi Keith, It isn't often you'll find you have to go down in shoe size when shopping for hels, but Evans products certainly run large. The are all wide fitting, so you must be careful. Both Evans products I have bought have been huge on me in my regular guy foot sizing. As to the "look", well that is rather difficult as it depends upon you. Best thing though is to look yourself over in the mirror before you step out. If you like how you look and you are also quite happy in your heels, then you'll not think about wearing them and just go about your business. As for pointers, look through posts by Kneehighs, Maximillian and StilettoScot for a start as these guys are class leaders. I think of those particular shoes as being very like cowboy boots but without the shaft. The heel is cuban style, 4" high, and walks just like a cowboy boot, so I would go with a good fitting pair of jeans, not the baggy type so many men wear and look blooming aweful in. you may well want to invest in some womens fit jeans as they do tend to look damn good on a guy. Many on here wear girl cut jeans precisely because the men cut is so aweful. Public heeling requires you to be comfortable coping with all the various surfaces you will encounter. Going down slopes can be hard especially if you haven't got used to the height. mind you with your resume above, I somewhat feel that I may be trying to teach "my grandmother to suck eggs" ha ha. Cheers for now, Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread; I'm overwhelmed by how busy this place is, and yet, how friendly everyone seems to be. It seems we are indeed a community united in our love for footwear.

Anyway - regarding your tips. Thank you. As it happens, my eBay auction fell through, and I was outbid in the end. These things happen, but maybe it did me a favour because it means I now need to go and buy some that are suitable. And by that, I mean go to the shop and do it :winkiss:

I have these ones (below), and as they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, I may just fo it in these, click-clack or not...

http://www.aronline.co.uk/misc/Black_01.jpg

I agree on the jeans thing, and have been wearing women's stretch jeans for longer than I care to mention. The way men's jeans are fitted looks bloody awful (as you say), and would never go back.

Thanks again for taking the time, and as I see you live just down the road from me, there's always the chance we may bump into each other!

K

xx

Hi Keith,

It isn't often you'll find you have to go down in shoe size when shopping for hels, but Evans products certainly run large. The are all wide fitting, so you must be careful. Both Evans products I have bought have been huge on me in my regular guy foot sizing.

As to the "look", well that is rather difficult as it depends upon you. Best thing though is to look yourself over in the mirror before you step out. If you like how you look and you are also quite happy in your heels, then you'll not think about wearing them and just go about your business. As for pointers, look through posts by Kneehighs, Maximillian and StilettoScot for a start as these guys are class leaders.

I think of those particular shoes as being very like cowboy boots but without the shaft. The heel is cuban style, 4" high, and walks just like a cowboy boot, so I would go with a good fitting pair of jeans, not the baggy type so many men wear and look blooming aweful in. you may well want to invest in some womens fit jeans as they do tend to look damn good on a guy. Many on here wear girl cut jeans precisely because the men cut is so aweful.

Public heeling requires you to be comfortable coping with all the various surfaces you will encounter. Going down slopes can be hard especially if you haven't got used to the height. mind you with your resume above, I somewhat feel that I may be trying to teach "my grandmother to suck eggs" ha ha.

Cheers for now,

Simon.

Hi Keith, welcome to HHPlace. See you're in Northampton, not too far from me in Milton Keynes. Hope to read about your adventures here soon.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Keith Adams:-) Either the boots with cuban heels or the ones in your pics would work for streetheeling. Other guys have used both styles of heels under their long jeans with great success. Let us all know how you make out with your outings. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Shrimper,

You might be right, but they are heels... and that's what counts when out and about.

Having said that, I have these, and think I'll go in them :nervous:

K

xx

If I had them, they'd work for me! :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi all,

Closeted and confused for a long time, but getting familiar with this forum has made me realise that I'm not alone, and it's comforting to know that.

Hi Keith.

I feel the same. We are amongst equals here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...