How do you "work it"?

LailaLily

How do you walk in heels? I mean...How doooooooo youuuuuuuuuu walk in heels?????? are u quick and fierce with it? or do u take small sexy steps? do u take big long steps? do u take ur time with small slow steps? what do u prefer...and which is sexier? as someone watching another person walking in heels...what is most sexiest/sultry to look at?

Giving into the purpose of exhibition is not my intent or nature, if that is part of your definition to "work it", at least not until there might be some demand for guys to do so. The posture and countenance I have when wearing heels gives me a greater feeling of stature and prominence. With the comparable slope of four and a half inch heels, my steps aren't as long as in flats, but they are just as intense and more deliberate. When shopping or just out for a stroll, I take an easier, leisurely stride. Like WA10rHeelGUY, there are times when I too walk softer to be less intrusive into given environments, but running in heels requires some prior experience and practice. For me, if I can breakout in a full sprint using my ankles and toes to propel my advancement, instead of the heels, I can run fairly good. The hard part is ending the run. You have to continue to balance all your weight on your toes, until the gait is slow enough for the heels to support the action.

I love the sound high heels make on the pavement or tile floor. When I walk in high heels in public, or anytime, I try to walk my "normal walk." But when wearing 5" stiletto high heels, you don't walk your "normal walk." I find myself taking shorter steps and matbe a little quicker steps because I'm trying to cover the same amount of ground as if I weren't wearing high heels. As I have said before, I feel special, pretty, and sexy when I'm walking in high heels. I'm sure that persona is conveyed in my walk in high heels.

It's actually easier for me if I walk fast and take steps slightly shorter than I would in flats. I have a bit of a natural shake in my walk, but it's far more noticeable when I wear heels.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I walk pretty much the same in 3" heels as I usually do. With 4+ my stride slows down and I take smaller steps due to the angle of the shoe although I can actually run in 4".

As far as sexy, to me, the slower more deliberate walk is the sexy one.

It's all about the heel!

So this week, I'm in Minneapolis for a trade show - It's a great place to just stroll around - especially in the summer - people watching and window shopping. I usually walk in my 5" oxfords at a more casual pace than in my usual flat loafers - and of course the stride is shorter. It helps me enjoy just being me. In Minneapolis downtown, the traffic as you cross streets is typically light so you find yourself occasionally "jaywalking" against the a red traffic light. Well, I started across one street and then a series of cars that had turn onto the street to the right started to bear down on me... So I instinctively broke into a light "jog" to finish crossing the street ahead of them - five or six strides is all - and I'm at the curb, and I then I realize I'm in my heels, no worse for wear. Had a big smile on my face for a while, not because of the "jogging" accomplishment, but because I realized I had virtually forgot I was wearing heels.

the speed i walk depends on the height of the heels, 4" is everyday, no probs, above 4" is a bit slower, cos havin uk 6 feet means the heels r higher in proportion, so a graceful stroll is in order... r u ladies the same - i do 6" with a platform ok, its the nett size i mean !!

• 2 years later...

I always thought it great to see a gal carry herself well at a quick pace in 4 plus inch heels so I for a long time honed my walking ability to be a graceful yet sexy quick pace in heels. Lately though I have started to seek a slower more "sensous" approach to my high heeled gait.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Small steps in heels - thus, quicker than normal paces.

There's really only one way to walk in high heels, and that's the way it is taught in 'Finishing School'. Head up, back straight, tummy in. Small steps with your toes straight. Heels first - then toes.

It works too.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I'd be combo of slow and fierce varying depending on my mood. If I want to strut it out then I'll lift my knees a smidgen and kick out each foot as I step, twisting the toes of my back foot outwards as I sweep my opposite hip forward to get a longer step, this causes the backfoot heel to tip inwards a lot - its what the models do I think. It works much better with really high heels - and obviously with stilettos cause of the thin heel - they can lean well. I am not into the agressive crossing your legs over strut - but I do walk a line. I'd be walking more fiercly and faster - with atitude. Otherwise I just relax into my shoes, my walk speed is determined by my skirt(most of the ime) and limitations of the heels I'm in. Cheers Heel-Lover