Out in public, finally

thighhighs

WTG Big D! Hopefully you'll find some styles you are happy wearing around people you know. One of the the things I find, even among people I know is that they never make any comment or hardly notice the shoes.

I agree about some poor online presence by shoe shops. New Look, Baratts, and Brantano are three bad culprits in this respect. These firms are about shoes so even 50 photographs in a gallery updated twice a year showing their latest styles can't be too much to ask. They don't even need to go to the trouble of setting up an online shop, just good photographs of the range. Dolcis at http://www.dolcis.co.uk has done even worse, reserving it's domain name with a "coming soon" page which has been up for the last four years!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, your body is trying to tell you something! Heels are good for you... they want you, your body wants them... go for it! Healing heels... hmmm... Corny! (the pun that is, not the feet....)

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Sorry... :D Couldn't resist!

Is it me, or does the 4in sandals avatar look higher than the 4.5in slingbacks avatar?

SH

It's you, SH :wink:

(Also couldn't resist :D )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

It's only a small step, but today I went out front and opened the garage, wearing my Sunset Strip platform sandals (TXT-1s favorites), to drive down to mail some letters. I didn't really care whether the neighbors saw anything out their windows, but a car driving by turned around and drove back. By that time I was in the garage and in the car, though. Almost can't get in under the steering wheel with those platforms on, and that was in the big car. No chance in my sporty car.

That's pretty cool BobHH, I wish I could do that here but am too scared to go out not because of the shoes but of the fear of being attacked (verbally and physcally) while in them (I can walk in them very well by the way) any tips of where to wear these lovely shoes out to? as I am getting bored of just wearing them around the house! maybe under a pair of long bootcut jeans but then again, they are very noisy! Anyway, got to go. later, TXT-1

If you got a pair of jeans that have legs roughly the diameter of a soccer ball, and roughly the length of a soccer pitch then you'll be alright!! :D You can probably get these type of jeans in skate shops. (Ok, I exaggerated on the length!) As for the heel noise, try using a little bit of rubber stuck to the bottom of the heel to sort that one out... then you'll be all set for a trip out! Bob, congrats :D The first step is always the hardest one, but obviously the most important! I'm quite surprised the car came back for a second look... most people don't bother. However, if it was me, I'd wanna take a second look! :wink: Keep it up :( SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Ha ha. If a group of you went out in some really tall spike-heeled boots, any potential detractors would be in awe of your dangerous weaponry. I think that's the only way I could do it. I'm sorry to say that I'm too much of a coward to go it alone. I feel that I am brave and strong enough to handle a physical confrontation, but I'm not sure how to deal with contemptuous looks or verbal abuse.

Michael

I haven't tried this as yet with high heels, but then I don't avail myself of the opportunity of really arousing people by wearing spikes! But I have found it works well for other potentially embarassing or confrontational subjects, and have read of at least one heel wearer on this board trying it successfully, and it is this: When you see someone staring, double-taking, or about to comment, PRE-EMPT them. Walk up to them and say aomething like "I see you're interested in my choice of shoes. You must be dying to know what they feel like, right? Well they are the most comfortable shoes/boots I've ever owned. [and if it's a woman in lower heels, and you really want to fluster her, you might add] But then, you already knew that didn't you?!" This really takes the wind out of most people. Reminds me of a time when I was (officially) visiting a rather large Army Post, Ft Hood, TX, to be exact, when my assigned Post was Ft. Polk, LA. I was a visiting 2nd Lieutenant, on foot, and actually looking for a barber shop, when I was accosted by an 8-stripe Seargent-Major obviously itching for a confrontation with a "shavetail" officer. He said "Lt your mustache is too long." Somewhat taken aback, I replied "you're right, Seargent-Major, and so is my hair. Iim from Ft. Polk for this exercise, and I was looking for a barber shop to get it taken care of. Would you happen to know where one is within walking distance?" His eyes bulged out, his jaw dropped, he turned somewhat red, pointed out where one was, saluted, and finally walked off, thoroughly abashed, not at all satisfied, and not a damn thing he could do about it!. :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I just come back from a midnight promenade in Frankfurt on nearly 6'' (14.5 cm) stiletto boots. I was simple eager to become acquainted with the feeling of walking outdoors on extreme high and thin stilettos. I must confess that I was very happy to encounter such few people :D All the elegance of my last sunday walk on 4.5'' heels faded completely away. The pavement gave me the feeling of a steeplechase. I'm afraid that I have reached my limit :wink: I'd like to know your experience. Who of you dared to walk on 6'' stilettos in the street and is still convinced of his public performance? I have decided to become a little bit more modest again :D high heeled greetings micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I have spent as much as 6 hours in public in 5" stillettos, but I also crossdress, and have not had any adverse reactions or comments. :wink:

Any day that you don't learn something new is a day wasted.

Hi again, only a short answer. You are confirming me: Either you did wear lower heels or only for 5 minutes like me :D Last sunday I dared to walk on my pointed 12 cm (~4.5'') stiletto boots in public several kilometers without any problems. But only 1 hour not 6. It was a very exciting adventure! BTW Some astonished looks, no comments. May be, if the weather will be fine, I will try it tomorrow again. But this time in the brightest daylight :wink: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Has anyone ever managed to track down where you can get those red boots with the chrome heel and tip in Stellah's posting from 22nd Jan? Looked everywhere I can think of (which is quite a few places) with no joy!!!!! :D

Whether I could actually WALK very far in them is another matter, although I did 3 hours in my 5.5" spike heel ankle boots under jeans in Manchester the other weekend... no I'm not very brave, it was an 'adult' event and I doubted anyone would think twice about it.. well a couple of the girls did - the 'I could never wear anything that high' brigade... :D A couple of lads got a bit offensive :wink: - but they had BIG bouncers so no trouble!! Felt good too - and meant I could see over everyone's heads..... yes another 6-footer! Next step in increasing bravery is pluck up the courage to 'do' the Trafford Centre in Manchester for a shopping trip - but in something a bit flatter I think, may have to 'slum it' with 4" non-stilettos for that!

By the way : if anyone gets 'picky' I found 'so how many of your girl friends wear trainers' was a good response ...

'actually I LIKE men in thigh boots' ........ Toyah Wilcox

Martin