Out in public, finally

thighhighs

Finally I went outdoors in my new boots.

I recently purchased a pair of over-the-knee high boots with 3+ inch nearly stiletto heel and with pointed toes. With 'nearly' I mean not as thin as most stiletto-heels but in my opinion it's still a stiletto. Also they have metallic decorations on a band that is twisted two times around the boot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Previous adventures in heels (at least in public) were limited to block heels on ankle shoes like "terrain shoes" and such. Never in a real pair of heels.

My new boots are always kept in my shoulderbag just waiting to be released when the right moment comes...

...and finally, yesterday, I decided to make a little deal with my self.

I was riding my usual bus home after work, sitting on the second row from the back. I had people both behind me and in the nearest seats in front of me.

The deal was that if everybody behind me went off and no one in front of me could see what I was doing, I would change into the boots. I sat many stops and both wishing they would get off, and also not wishing they wouldn't. Two stops before where I should get off, most of the people around me actually went off the bus. So I changed into the boots, pulling my pants down as far as I could. (Try this in a bus seat without looking suspicious)

I knew that the pants wouldn't cover the heels at all but I wanted them to end where the heels ended, covering at least the decorations.

Then I went of the bus, went into the train station, bought my ticket, waited for the train, rode the train for half an hour, walked off through my home station and walked all the way home (about 1 kilometer).

That trip really felt good. I know that some ladies looked at the boots, most of them only saw the boots from up front, but the do have a pointed toe as boots had in the 80's, not as pointed as todays (ugly) fashion. No one said anything or did funny looks to me.

I don't think so many actually saw the heels,but most must have heard them. They do this clicking sound that hard high heels do. Specially at the train stations a lot of people must have heard them, but if they looked at the heels they did probably not raise their eyes to see my beard.

More travels on high levels will follow.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get thoes? Thats a regualtion concave heel, the cowboy heel of the 1870's to 1900's, i.e. 3" or 4" high and no bigger than a us quarter (24mm) at the tips. I had a pair up to about 10 years ago when they wore out. Thats my style if I can find them. I haven't seen anything like them in years.

That's a real nice boot and to me they look totally acceptable and timeless. I don't know how you got them on in that bus if they are over the knees, that's not easy when wearing pants. I usually first put on the boots and afterwards pull my pants up but that's not an option on a bus. Congratulations on your first trip and may there be many more to come.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Boy, did you bring back some memories! Way back, when I was in high school, I bought my first pair of boots with heels, these being black suede boots with Cuban heels and zippers up the back. I didn't wear them out of the store, but changed into them on the bus ride home, sitting near the back just like you did! Then, I walked home from the bus stop in them! What a thrill that was for me and I can still remember how if felt to wear those first boots. I love you new boots and enjoyed your story. Many thanks for the memories.

Thank you all for such positive feedback on my boots. Well, I agree with you otherwise I wouldn't have bought them in the first place.

I got them through eBay, from a seller in Germany and have no idea where she got them from. They are made in Italy and size 40, that is all information on the boots.

If someone knows who made them, when they were made and original price, please post your info here.

Below are some more picture direct from the lab, for your eyes only Gizmo...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They shure bring back memories from the past, don't they? This is the style I like best. I must confess that the last years fashion is the ugliest I've ever seen. Even the platforms of the 70's were better looking then todays blade heels, pointed toes that ends 5 cm in front of your own.

My best years are the 80's and beginning of the 90's, that is what I call style.

About the changing on the bus, the boots are up to the top part of my kneecap, so they are more or less over-the-knee. They are also very, and I mean VERY, soft so I pull up my pants a bit and then pull on the boots. Push down the pants over the boots and then pull them up again through the pants. It was a bit tricky, but I did it when I knew it was a long pass between two stops.

I scan through eBay on a regular basis to see if I can find some nice boots, so far I've bought 13 pairs from USA and Europe. Most of them, no all of them have stiletto heels around 3-4 inches high. The pair above are the widest heels, the rest are true stilettos.

The next step will be the 4" in my Avatar-picture to the right. They do look a lot more feminin that those I wore above, but they do look great.

Will be back with more, if you want.

Wow Thighhigh, thanks for sharing those with us. I'm jealous, you have great taste. Unfortunately I am unable to see your webpage. Keep us informed and please feel free to post more.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Dr Shoe:

Tell me where you got them or I'll make you wear Doc Martens!

Hey you, that's a threat :lol:

As I said before I got them through eBay, that's all I know. Once again if somebody knows anything more please let me know.

As a little preview before next trip, below are my 4" boots that I plan to wear when I fell I'm ready for them, or rather my surroundings are ready for them. They are a bit more feminin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And about me webpage...

... it got terminated during my vacation, because I didn't log on to it for 2 weeks.

So much for free webhosting.

I've just started a new account at ServerPro instead. There are no pages there yet, but you can access the pictures and look at them if you want. I have a map for my boots and another for my sneakers.

Look at www.BootsAndSneakers.net/images/

Highluc and Joak, you are so right.

I was so eager to get the pictures and my story posted here so I used the temporary adress to my domain.

Since the domain now have been activated, the old adresses don't work. I have changed my posts above so now everything should work fine.

And Joak, you already have me among your guests. I'm number 31. For more pictures of my boots, look at Joaks page; www.joak.org and then the guestgallery #31.

Any point of views of my 4" boots? Have any of you guys walked in such in public?

I'll post under 'Add your URL here' when my site is up and running.

Thank you all for such positive feedback on my boots. Well, I agree with you otherwise I wouldn't have bought them in the first place.

I got them through eBay, from a seller in Germany and have no idea where she got them from. They are made in Italy and size 40, that is all information on the boots.

If someone knows who made them, when they were made and original price, please post your info here.

Below are some more picture direct from the lab, for your eyes only Gizmo...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They shure bring back memories from the past, don't they? This is the style I like best. I must confess that the last years fashion is the ugliest I've ever seen. Even the platforms of the 70's were better looking then todays blade heels, pointed toes that ends 5 cm in front of your own.

My best years are the 80's and beginning of the 90's, that is what I call style.

About the changing on the bus, the boots are up to the top part of my kneecap, so they are more or less over-the-knee. They are also very, and I mean VERY, soft so I pull up my pants a bit and then pull on the boots. Push down the pants over the boots and then pull them up again through the pants. It was a bit tricky, but I did it when I knew it was a long pass between two stops.

I scan through eBay on a regular basis to see if I can find some nice boots, so far I've bought 13 pairs from USA and Europe. Most of them, no all of them have stiletto heels around 3-4 inches high. The pair above are the widest heels, the rest are true stilettos.

The next step will be the 4" in my Avatar-picture to the right. They do look a lot more feminin that those I wore above, but they do look great.

Will be back with more, if you want.

Thanks Thighhigh, it's working now and I had a look at your collection. You have a lot of platform sneakers but your taste in boots is fantastic. I like your 4 inchers as well because of the classic shape of the heel and nose. The picture 110 shows them sticking out under pants and they look great that way. I often wear my boots in public under slightly longer pants and I think my thigh highs from Silhouette look very similar to yours regarding the overall shape. The step from your 3 inchers to your 4 inchers is not that great, both look very similar and if you are confident in the one, you should be going for the other as well. Keep us informed, Highluc

Gee this thread has been very busy :( To bad that I have been gone all week. Any way Congrats on your first outing. I my self at times keep looking for something from the Eighties on E-bay, but I don't think back then they covered my size. :lol:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Yesterday morning I had the boots on while going to work. It was 6.40 am so it was still dark outside and I was going to be first at work today.

The trip started with a walk for 5 minutes to the bus, I was a bit late so I had to run the last 100 meters to catch it but I got on it. I place myself near the rear exit so I didn't have to go through the bus to get off. There are not many passengers at this hour so I should be rather alone back there, but not completely. After a few stops a younger lady get on and takes the seat slightly behind me on the opposite side, she should have perfect view of the boots and I try to check on her from time to time to see if she's noticed them. The ride takes about 25 minutes and there are actually a lot of people getting on the bus.

During the last 5 minutes of the ride, I'm shure that she has seen the boots, because she looks a lot in that direction. When I'm getting of, she stares at the and then looks up and nods at me, as to say 'Great boots', at least that is what I hope she would say...

Next transportation was the subway. There, it is not very dark, on the contrary it's full daylight and stone floor. Not a good combination if you don't want to get noticed, but I thought if I walk slowly the sound wouldn't be too loud. The tip of the heels are hard rubber but still make a high clicking sound, wich I like but makes people look down at them.

I had a bit of luck because there was a train coming into the station that drown most of the sound so I could walk normally on the platform.

The subway took another 25 minutes and a lot of people had their chance to see the boots, but I don't think anyone saw them. Maybe a lady in the seat opposite me saw the pointed toes but nothing else.

I got of at my station and got out, still dark outside and a lot of people. Who turns up there if not a female co-worker and says 'Hello, may I join you?' We had a walk of a few minutes ahead of us before we got to our work. Luckily it had snowed during the night so the heels didn't make to much sound and she had a large jacket with a hood on so she didn't see my boots. I tip-toed more or less all the way to work and as the gentlemen I am, I opened the door for her so she could go inside before me.

I both wanted her to see them and not to see them. But this time she didn't.

Today I took a pair of boots that are not so feminin but still kind of female workboots with 2" block heels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These have soft heels so I can walk relaxed in them. Also could they pass as male boots specially when it's winter outside. In these I don't care if somebody looks or not, because they are more accepted even for men, maybe with a slightly lower heel, but anyway.

And at last as a summary of previous discussions in the thread about my site;

the correct adress is www.bootsandsneakers.net and it's working. The site is still very much under construction on my harddisc but there is at least a welcome page and in the Preview link you'll find a map with pictures of my shoes in them (Boots/ and Sneakers/).

Thank you Vanessa and Sandalslover. I forgot to mention in my last reply that I wore the 2" shoes for work all day yesterday and no one commented them. Also on my way home and still no comments/looks.

2" heels are definately acceptable. All of my cowboy boots are at least that high and no one has ever commented. Suprisingly enough, only one person has even commented on my 4" cowboys. Once people get used to seeing you in a certain style it's time to kick it up a notch and see what happens. :lol: