Out in public, finally

thighhighs

Try the link below, the site is still very much under construction, but I've added more pictures and some basic navigation pages. For now, only the high-heel section works. If you want to, please let me know what you think so far...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story of today is this; I had the 3" boots at the beginning of this thread, on me this morning. But the difference this day compared to the first, was that I more or less didn't care if the heels made some sounds. The pants were also ending above the heels, thereby showing all of the heels. When I got on the bus there was a lady behind me and we have two steps on the bus to get on it. I paid with cash and it did take around a minute, her behind me must have seen the heels and then the sound they made when walking to the back of the bus. More or less, I know a lot of people saw them, I saw it in their eys as they passed me. The eyes were not looking at my eyes they were on the floor, or rather on my shoes. Also when I was on the platform in the subway, ladies (no men at all) who came from behind, did 'look around me' in the eyes when they passed but no funny looks. One of them actually did raise her eyebrow and nod as to say 'OK'. Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all of you. I'll be back in January.

Hi thighhighs and all the other guys of this thread,

today - truly it was yesterday, at least in Frankfurt - I dared the first time in my life to walk on really high stiletto heels in public!

OK, it was only a walk to the cigarette slot-machine, but directly in my neighbourhood. My male rsp. unisex style platform boots I wore already often for shopping in my everyday life supermarket, but on 15 cm (6 inch) stiletto heels - that was a new experiece for me!

It was early in the evening, and there were still a lot of people in the street. I earned only some curious glimpses, but no negative reactions. Such exciting excursions have to be repeated (*grin*)!

Here a link to my self-made Christmas present Posted Image. I have ordererd these boots for wearing them with tight hot pants in springs or summer. At the Frankfurt-CSD or the Love Parade in Berlin..., but obviously I'm much too impatient!

That was my honest contribution to the issue "out in the public, finally"

Merry Christmas to you all :lol:

micha

PS: "thighhighs", your boots are gorgeous! I would be proud, to own them.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi thighhighs and all the other guys of this thread,

today - truly it was yesterday, at least in Frankfurt - I dared the first time in my life to walk on really high stiletto heels in public!

OK, it was only a walk to the cigarette slot-machine, but directly in my neighbourhood. My male rsp. unisex style platform boots I wore already often for shopping in my everyday life supermarket, but on 15 cm (6 inch) stiletto heels - that was a new experiece for me!

It was early in the evening, and there were still a lot of people in the street. I earned only some curious glimpses, but no negative reactions. Such exciting excursions have to be repeated (*grin*)!

Here a link to my self-made Christmas present Posted Image. I have ordererd these boots for wearing them with tight hot pants in springs or summer. At the Frankfurt-CSD or the Love Parade in Berlin..., but obviously I'm much too impatient!

That was my honest contribution to the issue "out in the public, finally"

Merry Christmas to you all :lol:

micha

PS: "thighhighs", your boots are gorgeous! I would be proud, to own them.

Yes, I like those too! I think the pocket detail is fantastic! I've got a pair of denim boots, but I haven't worn them for ages - those are much nicer!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Resorting to the html view of this "page", they are from

http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/, and are available up to size 46 Eur.

To those fluent in German: could you translate their shipping info page into English? Sorry to be such a pain. :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hi Azraelle, Yamiyam and HighLuc, I'm afraid that my answer comes a little bit late. Because you have already found the right link to "fuss" - that means in english "foot". I'm happy, that you like my new boots too. Some additional infos: The price is 125 Euro ~ 125 $. The company seems reliable to me. I got the boots within two days! But the shipping costs to the United States appear to me too high. They are made in Italy. The heels are 15 cm high (6 inch), but because of the 1 to 1.5 inch platform soles the real height is less then 5''. In my opinion they are very comfortable to wear. May be, that the jeans tissue around the calves is too thin. I fell in love with them at once. On my private high heel scale they range among my fovourite boots. just wearing my new beloved jeans boots micha

There is enough English on the website to understand quite clearly. The shipping cost to the U.S. is 25 Euros, which does not seem too bad. The real problem would seem to be that they do not accept checks or credit cards - only cash or bank transfers.

my congrats to thigh highs on his recent trip outdoors,I am new to this myself,athough i have worn heels in private for some years now.I have recently started to go out in what i call my "safe boots" (these are 3/4 length with 1.75" block heels) under my jeans,trips around my local towns as well a trip by train to Salisbury,have passed without incident,needless to say i feel "liberated".Now to try & find the confidence to wear something higher in public! (my collection of boots ranges from 1.75" to 5.5"heels).Perhaps this should be my new years resolution!Will post a few more details of my exploits to date later if anyone is interested.Happy New Year to you all....... :lol::(:)

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

• 2 weeks later...

My site is updated, but still under construction... Please visit and let me know what you think. Also started a forum there, no posts yet but who will be first? See you.

Hi thighhigh, very nice site and fantastic boots. I suppose you already get a discount from Ellie boots as a regular customer. Keep it up (on the heels), bye, Luc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hi Highluc.

Thank you, and yes, if Ellie favoured their regular customers, I'd be first in line to get a discount.

I really like their boots and shoes. They hang on to the stilletto heels and normal pointed toes and also for me, perfect fit. Their styles are not like todays freak fashion you sometimes see in the stores.

To FGWJON:

Thank you. It's not so hard once you get over the first step. I still feel that I choose where to wear heels and for example have them on while going to work in the morning (everybody are so tired then so they might not notice), but not on the way home (people are maybe more alert and also the younger teenagers have woken up by then).

Today to work I had my boots with 3" heels on below:

Posted Image

The heels sounds too much so I should get the tip replaced, but there weren't so many who noticed them.

Thighhighs

BTW. Why do I get logged out after less than a minute here? Every post I make here, I have to copy to clipboard, because when I submit, I have to log in again and end up here with an empty message. Then paste it back and hurry to submit it again not to loose it again.

Nyghtfall, I've been wearing sandals for years as you can see and read on my website, and never had problems with it. It is a relief to wear open footwear in summer and if combined with a silent wedge attracts little attention.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I wear sandals during the reasonable (non-snowy) months here in Sweden. My old faves are a pair of "platform" wedges with a 4-5" heel and a 2" plat in the front with a sort of integrated sock (heavy nylon) covering the part of the foot between the ankle strap and the toe strap. You might think of them as a "weird" platform Nike with cutouts... Since then I have my (in Sweden) "pre-trendy" (as this sort was unavialabale until last summer) 4" cork wedges from Ernest (Homepage referred to from this forums main page I think), which are very comfortable. -Still I must admit that a "power walk" along a 4km lane in the woods gave me blisters due to the fact that there are only two thin straps across the toes, and they were chafing too much while walking real fast. Another pair I have is a couple of 5" strappy sandals, but they are more delicate in design and would soon wear out in heavy outdoor use so I tend to be more careful about conserving their shape. -So, in short(s) :lol: , sandals are perfect as soon as the weather also is. TallSwede

Thanks for the replies. Interesting stories, Emery. As I continue visiting the forum and reading about everyone's experiences, I find myself developing a growing desire to wear my own heels in public. In fact, it's becoming stronger every day. I have an easy enough time not succombing to fashion trends. I wear black nail polish on a daily basis (it's a goth thing), and refuse to wear anything with a label or that advertises something (I realized years ago that "trendy" clothes are nothing more than marketing gimmicks designed to encourage you to pay someone else to advertise their product for them - no thanks). Heels, however, remain my biggest hurdle, and I honestly don't know when I'm going to overcome it. Before I do anything, I need to talk to my wife. I'm not sure what she'll have to say, but I can't imagine she won't be unsupportive, especially considering how far she's come in accepting my heels (she discovered a few months ago that she's very attracted to men who wear makeup and women's clothes. She's lost count of the number of times she's watched Velvet Goldmine).

Ok... well, I talked to my wife. I told her about this forum the other day, and explained that, since meeting other men online who enjoy wearing heels in public, I was becoming more and more interested in doing so, myself. She expressed her own concerns - more to do with having my co-workers seeing me in heels than anything - but that, if it's something I want to do, then she's ok with it. She did, however, ask me to do one thing before I take that first step out the door: Tell my dad about my heels. Before I go any further, I'd like to expand a little bit on the history my father and I have. Since I can remember, my dad has always known I don't follow cultural norms. There's an old phrase, "He walks to the beat of a different drummer". My dad has always commented that I walk to the beat of an entirely different band (grin). In my "Hello, I'm new" post I made upon registering for access here, I mentioned that, immediately after I discovered I'd grown into my mother's heels, I began wearing them every opportunity I got when I was alone. One evening, they invited me to a movie that was playing at the local theater, but it wasn't one I'd expressed any particular interest in seeing myself. I told them I'd rather stay home. Mom seemed puzzled by this, as they both knew how much I loved going to see movies. Then, dad suggested to her that, "For all we know, he may want to stay home and play in your clothes". I tried very hard to conceal the look of shock on my face as my heart kicked into overdrive. I immediately thought, "How could you possibly know?". He never said anything to me directly, but the look he gave me after that comment suggested he did know something. I was too terrified to affirm his suggestion. Mom simply dismissed the idea. I should note, at this point, that my mother passed away 2 years ago. My dad and brother and I have remained pretty level-headed about it. We know the pain we all feel from her loss will never completely heal, but we're coping well. None of us have visited her grave. She's not there, as far as we're concerned. She remains in our hearts, where we feel closer to her and can always talk to her. This last Christmas, dad came over for a visit and to give my me and my wife our Christmas presents. We had a good time. It was a great evening. That evening, I went into our bedroom to help my wife empty the trash can under her computer desk (she's permanently disabled and has been homebound for the last 4 years). A few minutes later, my dad came in to hand us or presents, and concluded his visit with a bit of small talk. He remained standing while my wife and I sat on our bed. During the conversation, I noticed the latest catalog from Leslie Shoe Company sitting on top of our dresser, in plane view. There was absolutely no way to miss it, and I knew dad had to have spotted it while in our bedroom, but he never said anything. We finally said our goodbyes and he left for home. I commented to my wife about the catalog, and we both had a good laugh from our oversight in not hiding it before he came over. I don't know whether he now has a pretty good idea who the catalog was for, or whether he thinks it was simply junk mail we hadn't thrown out yet, but I have a feeling that, coupled with my nail polish, he knows there's something about me that I just haven't come out and confirmed to him yet. After telling my wife of my desire to begin wearing my heels in public, she feels that I should tell my dad about them before I do anything else. She said that, at the very least, it'll be a good measure of how confident I might feel in taking the first step outdoors. She feels that, if I can't tell my own dad about my heels, then I have no business wearing them around strangers. I'm inclined to agree, and have decided to take her up on her advice. I'm reasonably confident that he won't be too taken aback by my heels, but I'm not entirely certain. I know it's something I'll have to prepair him for. He's coming up this weekend, to deliver the DVDs we lent him last week (he bought himself a new DVD playe for Christmas). I'm planning on telling him then, when we can be face to face. This is simply too big a decision to confess something like this to him over the phone. With regard to what I plan on wearing for the first time, I've decided it will be safer for me to begin with a short heel. I normally refuse to wear anything shorter than 5 inches, but this definitely qualifies as an exception. I still have around $50 in Christmas money left over than I'm going to spend part of on a pair of 3-inch spiked ankle boots I spotted at Payless the other day. I'll start with those and work my way up. I have zero experience wearing heels anywhere but inside, and I'd rather not embarass myself my first few weeks out by tripping over myself over foreign territory. These, without a doubt, have been a few of the most nerve-racking days of my life, since finding this place. I'm both excited and nervous, but I don't think I can ignore what I'm feeling much longer. I was out getting dinner for us tonight when I began thinking about how liberating it will feel to finally be out in the open wearing my favorite kind of footwear. I'd like to thank you all for your continued support, and again for the warm welcome I've received since joining. I'm having a great time, and look forward to sharing my own experiences of going out in public for the first time.

Hmmm... no option to edit after posting. Ok. Anyway, my wife wanted to remind me of a few other things she felt I should be mndful of: 1) I have waist-length hair. 2) I own a "duster" style black trench coat. 3) I'm very efeminite to begin with. 4) I am already very easily mistaken for a woman when approached from behind. 5) That fact will be enhanced dramatically when wearing heels in public. 6) I'm going to get a lot of attention for guys who think I'm a woman. 7) I'm may get negative attention from those same guys who realize they just hit on a guy. I assured her these very same thoughts have been on my mind all week, and I'm expecting to have to deal with many awkard scenarios. She was content with that, and said she just wants me to be safe and happy.

Hmmm... no option to edit after posting. Ok.

Anyway, my wife wanted to remind me of a few other things she felt I should be mndful of:

1) I have waist-length hair.

2) I own a "duster" style black trench coat.

I think those things are going to help you. Heels would just fit the picture!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

.... I'm going to spend part of on a pair of 3-inch spiked ankle boots I spotted at Payless the other day. I'll start with those and work my way up. I have zero experience wearing heels anywhere but inside, and I'd rather not embarass myself my first few weeks out by tripping over myself over foreign territory.

My advice would be not to buy spiked boots to start off with. You said that it had been already a nerve racking week, and this is not going to help you. The probability that you get negative comments from the public is much higher in stilettos vs. block heels at that height. Even if you're an experienced indoors heel wearer, you still will feel it a bit, so more stable boots (wider heel) are welcome to start off with. Miles of walking are not the same than hours of sitting or limited distances. You'll also feel much more confident, which will give you a better outdoor experience!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

4) I am already very easily mistaken for a woman when approached from behind.

Been there, done that. That's the main reason I cut my hair after 6 years of growth. I found I couldn't wear heels and have long hair at the same time, it's just a personal thing but that's how I felt.

Most of the people who said "excuse me love," always apologised when I turned round but then did a double take at the heels- it was getting annoying. :lol:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The way I figure, I'm going to be mistaken for a woman whether my hair is long or short. I walk really, really well in 5 inch spikes. Besides, I have several female mannerisms to begin with, and I'm certain they'll only add to any confused looks I might receive from men.

In any event, I will not cut my hair, so long as I have a choice in the matter.

Just to add some fuel to the discussion... :o I am born with very wavy hair. During my (late) teens i had a kind of page (is this a known description outside Sweden and Ye olde England) hair cut, but tired of the time it took to keep in decent looking order (I apparently have a skin, and hair bottom) type which (in my own wording) is *very* greasy. 20-30 minutes after the latest face/hair wash I am once more ready to butter sandwiches by rubbing them along my face... :( -So nowadays I keep a "military" haircut, but still have a moustache and beard like Percy Barnevik (the "ex" ABB (Swedish born) leader), or in other words, a short cut goatee with a (regularly) cut moustasche as well. It would be fun to do a TV, *but* I have (several times) tried to shave my face "clean" and both I and my other SO's have definitely agreed upon my looks beeing better with the facial hair in place... :D So it seems like I have to stay out of this business un-til/less someone with real make-up talents happen to drop in and offer to help out. (Do feel free to make offers for free... :lol: ) -So, I am quite content wearing HH's (which I like *and* also help my back) and nail polish (which I like and (as an excuse :lol: -Ha! helps covering my sad looking toe nails) (-Of course it would be *real* indecent to *not* to have matching finger nails... :) ) -In order to try to cut off my ramblings before everyone else fall asleep and hurt their heads when hitting them against the keyboard; -Nyghtfall, *please* do whatever you fancy as long as you are not hurting anybody else you might care of. -Others have said it before I, but you have only one life (according to most religions), so make good use of your time instead of being dying and regretting all things *not* done. Regards, TallSwede PS. Once again I found myself logged out while writing a reply, so please forgive me if this appears more than once while trying to post this. DS

I talked to dad... Apparently, he was completely oblivious to my attraction to women's heels. The look on his face when I told him that I like to wear them was a combination of disbelief, disgust, and extreme confusion, topped with just one question: "Why...?" Right now, I feel like I've just stabbed him in the back with something I thought he might've already had some idea about. He said he still loves me. He doesn't think any different of me, nor as any less of a man, but he's convinced there are reasons I'm not aware of myself to explain why I enjoy wearing heels, and that he thinks I need to seek counseling. He confessed that he used to wear his own mother's shoes when he was around 10, but explained it away as something kids that young simply do as a way to explore the unknown, and that he eventually grew out of it. Suffice to say, the talk did not go the way I was almost expecting, and now I deeply regret having shared with him something that I've kept private since childhood. Finding this place was the catalyst in releasing feelings I now realize I've always had, but never once thought of taking action on, for fear that I was the only man in the world who wanted to wear heels in public. Right now, more than anything, I wish I could just rewind the entire week and start over... had it not been for the fact that I was considering going out in heels for the first time, he would've never found out about them. Ever. I'm sorry, but I'm in too much pain right now to return to the site. I feel like I've jumped head-first into something that I haven't given near enough though about. I need to take a giant step back and meditate on what I've really been feeling these last few days... After listening to what my dad and wife have had to say about the matter now, I may never take that first step out. Considering how I feel right now, I can't think of a more sensible decision than to keep the shoes at home. Thank you, and good luck with your own endeavors...

I hope you stick around long enough to read this. As someone who is still starting out, I can completely understand how you feel. As far as I know, my father already knows, but I'm not sure and I haven't found a way to broach the subject with him. I know that I would be very upset if I told him and he had a bad reaction. I've occasionally thought that I should just give up, because it would make things so much easier, but I know that now that I have begun I don't want to stop. In the end I have too live my life for me and I'm sure my dad has his own regrets for things he never did out of fear. One way or the other you have to be happy with your life and if this is something that makes you happy then you should go on with in. You just need to find a way to handle you dad carefully so as not too put anymore strain on you relationship. Sorry if I've gone on and on but I just had to comment. Remember that there are plenty of people here you can talk to one on one if you'd like. Me included. NH Heels

Thanks, heels. I'm sticking around long enough to respond to any feedback I get. My wife and I had a chat, soon after my dad left for home. She's terrific support. She said I've gotten past the hard part of telling my dad, now all I have to decide is whether this is something I'm really prepared to deal with. I don't know that I am anymore. During the talk I had with my dad, he acknowledged that I'm welcome to do whatever I want, but if it winds up getting me beat up or costing me my job, he won't be there to 'bail me out', and, as such, can't, in good concience, support my decision. At the very least, I must commend and thank him for being honest. I would've liked for the discussion to have ended on a positive note, but, given the fact that he just learned of my wearing heels tonight, I can't expect him to be all gung-ho about it either. It's going to take time, and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. In the end, our relationship hasn't and won't suffer despite. We still love each other very much, and had a very pleasant evening otherwise. I'm still his son. That will never change, and he'll continue to respect me for who I am. He's just wholely against the very idea of my wearing heels in public. I'm ok with his feelings. Admittedly, a part of me was seeking approval from hiim tonight, but the real goal was to simply let him know about it in the first place. The rest, we'll take care of from there.