Post just to Post

On a lot of forums people bump threads back up to the top. However I don't really like this practice because you find that you get a lot of threads that are extremely interesting to the original poster but completely boring to everyone else at the top. If a thread "has legs" then it will find its own way to the top.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I quite agree and along those lines: It seems we have a few who will respond to anyting and everything to the point of mindless dribble. It is as if they are just trying to increase their post numbers almost like spam in your mailbox or a game where the highest score wins. I have actually taken to skipping their posts as they usually add nothing of any value to the conversation.

I would say please if you have nothing of real value to add please don't.:roll:

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I have not been a member all that long of a time. I try to respond to the current threads that I find interesting and that I might have a comment. However, I do like to look at some of the older threads that I find the topics interesting and I do have an opinion, thought, or concern. I do like responding to these because I have noticed that many times it has inspired new and old members to add their thoughts and opinions to what I have added. If this isn't proper procedure, please let me know. I have really enjoyed my time at this website, especially sharing stories, thoughts and opinions with women and men who love wearing high heels. Like everyone who eventually found this website, I never dreamed of the world wide popularity of viewing and wearing high heels by women and men alike.

Good point Johnie

I can think of a few members who wouldnt be noticed if every post they have ever made just vanished overnight!

Naughty, naughty. :-?:o

I can't remember where I saw it <bit of a white lie> but there's a section here where you can see some stats on postings. One of the more interesting stats to me anyway, is the 'daily' post rate.

As a working average, I'd say most contributors would struggle to get 5 new posts a day, regularly. I seem to struggle with adding anything less than 100 words, so 5 might be quite a heavy day for me. It's worked out as an average, so anyone with (perhaps) an average of 10 postings per day has got to be 'motoring', as we say here in the UK.

There was one member with that sort of daily count....... :D

Posts with content that simply say "Thanks for that", or "An interesting read" contribute little to the thread, and anyway, there's a "Thank you" facility that makes the remark unnecessary. The <bump> procedure is pointless here, and I thought usually kept for Sales threads on other forums?

Don't think me critical though. I tend to 'gush' when I'm excited, and this site -to most of us men here- is an Oasis of pure delight. Possibly the daily excitement of reading so much about HH means that some of us struggle to control their 'gushing'? :roll:

On a lot of forums people bump threads back up to the top.

However I don't really like this practice because you find that you get a lot of threads that are extremely interesting to the original poster but completely boring to everyone else at the top. If a thread "has legs" then it will find its own way to the top.

agree with this 100%

if a thread has legs ................

:o:smile::roll:

Guest Loveshiheels

I often read a thread then go away then think about and if I got something worth while I come back later and have my say.

i agree, i wont always answer a thread if i cant add to it, or the point has been made already, except for my bad sense of humour which is creeping in... I mean; no pointed remarks no putting the boot in no stepping over the line patently, an incurable bad sense of humour g'nite !!

• 3 weeks later...

Me too.... Those posts where someone just says "yeah I like those" are irritating, I usually try to stop myself if I feel a me too post coming on. Sometimes I look back over a post I'm about to make and delete it because it says nothing new, although one or two probably slip through when I'm in here. I'm going to be extra vigilant now I know we're being judged on our posts though :thumbsup:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly