Theater heeling anyone ?

Pumps

Who has worn heels to the theater ? I always wanted to beacuse it's a place where people usually dress up and it's not really the place for your typical bar-bully. I went to see "Tarzan - the musical" last night. It was playing at a town about 100 km away form where I live so it was pretty perfect. I was wearing the same pants and jacket as at the heelmeet, a grey shirt and my black liberta pumps. I have yet to have a bad experience in that outfit. I was in plenty of time so I went to eat at a burger-joint and the stopped of at a shop before going to the theater. Weird looks, but no laughter or giggling. At the theater I got the usual curious looks, but no mocking laughter and it worked out great.

Thats great pumps. Glad you had a great time. When I first got my 4"blade heel ankle boots from BAKERS, I wore them to a theater. Only one guy with his little boy kept glancing over at me as we stood in line. Other than that, it was a great experience.

real men wear heels

Pumps... I am so glad you had a good time and were comfortable in your heels. I have not been to the theatre yet wearing high heels. I think you have inspired me to do so. Once again, I'm glad everything went OK.;)

I went once to a theater in Denver, wearing blue jeans and my white "electra" boots (5" chunky heel w/platform). I thought the look was good, and didn't really have any looks from anyone while there that I noticed. Perhaps being 6'2" + 5" heels might make me a bit.........intimidating?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Who has worn heels to the theater ?

I always wanted to beacuse it's a place where people usually dress up and it's not really the place for your typical bar-bully.

I was wearing the same pants and jacket as at the heelmeet, a grey shirt and my black liberta pumps. I have yet to have a bad experience in that outfit.

At the theater I got the usual curious looks, but no mocking laughter and it worked out great.

I don't get to the theatre very often. I treat myself to the Opera (always Puccini) once every 5-8 years. Ticket price of £60-£80 isn't unusual. [€100.] Musicals don't do it for me, I don't even relish the idea of the Abba/Queen type programmes.

There was a time when I used to go to the cinema once or twice a month. My wife is not so keen, so we go very infrequently, but seems to me to be an ideal night out. As you say, fewer problems from 'the ignorant' and/or inebriated.

Timely reminder I should plan something soon. ;)

If I was going to the theater, I would wear a tuxedo jacket, white tuxedo shirt with black buttons, tuxedo pants with a satin stripe down the side, and a pair of patent stiletto pumps with some type of ornament on the vamp.

For such occassions, they do make shoes for men aptly titled, "bow pumps". Ralph Lauren has carried them in the past.

The man on the left in this picture is wearing bow pumps for men. To the majority of the population, the casual observer would know little difference between the men's version and women's version.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

One Saturday night, about a year ago, my wife and I drove to a neighboring city to attend a Jimmy Buffett concert. While my wife knows that I am not one of his bigger fans, she does appreciate the fact that I do enjoy his music. So, birthday present...Jimmy Buffett tickets. The arena was sold out. (12,000) Really crowded. I was wearing a heavy winter jacket, a pair of tan docker trousers and my camel colored J-Lo boots with pointed toes and 4½" stacked heels. We found a place to park about a block away and walked with the crowd around the arena until we located our section, row and seats. I went to the concession stand a couple of times during the more than 4 hours we were in the arena. Not one look, glance, comment or reaction of any kind to my boots. After the program, we retraced our steps to the car and went to an all-night dinner to get a sandwich. Walked in, sat down in a booth, ordered our food and ate it -- all without even so much as a glance from anyone. No reaction at all when I walked up to the cash register to pay the check even though I had to stand in line behind another couple for a few minutes. The drive back home was uneventual and my wife remarked, at one point in the trip, "I surely would have expected someone to notice your boots. But, no one that I could see even took a second glance. So, the more crowded the event, the less likely you are to be noticed if you are in heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.