Who is to blame for the "double standard"?

wood&metal

I was listening to a radio show this morning and the topic was about kids toys for xmas.....Somehow the topic got a bit side-tracked into girls wanting/playing with boys toys (matchbox cars, dumptrucks, ect.), and boys wanting/playing with girls toys (dolls, ez-bake ovens, ect.).. Oddly, the mostly female callers and the show host did'nt seem to be at odds with boys wanting or playing with girls toys, or vice versa..... Some female callers even went so far as to encourage boys to play with girls toys.. Curious, eh? Yesterday, I was listening to another radio talk show and the topic of men wearing womens undergarments was brought up by the hostess (she's a cutie) who admits that she loves to wear mens boxer-briefs....She did'nt seem to have much of a problem with, and seemed quite curious about men wearing a womans thong, for example..... Of course the two male co-hosts of the show went on to say men wearing womens panties would be wrong, disgusting, perverted, ect... btw., I've seen both of the male co-hosts in drag (as a goof) at radio station events.... As a heel-wearing male, these two examples really got me to thinking that men are probably much more to blame for the double standards, and women may be much more accepting than we give them credit for...:smile: Your thoughts?...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I was listening to a radio show this morning and the topic was about kids toys for xmas.....Somehow the topic got a bit side-tracked into girls wanting/playing with boys toys (matchbox cars, dumptrucks, ect.), and boys wanting/playing with girls toys (dolls, ez-bake ovens, ect.).. Oddly, the mostly female callers and the show host did'nt seem to be at odds with boys wanting or playing with girls toys, or vice versa..... Some female callers even went so far as to encourage boys to play with girls toys.. Curious, eh?

Yesterday, I was listening to another radio talk show and the topic of men wearing womens undergarments was brought up by the hostess (she's a cutie) who admits that she loves to wear mens boxer-briefs....She did'nt seem to have much of a problem with, and seemed quite curious about men wearing a womans thong, for example..... Of course the two male co-hosts of the show went on to say men wearing womens panties would be wrong, disgusting, perverted, ect... btw., I've seen both of the male co-hosts in drag (as a goof) at radio station events....

As a heel-wearing male, these two examples really got me to thinking that men are probably much more to blame for the double standards, and women may be much more accepting than we give them credit for...:smile:

Your thoughts?...

I would say you are quite right with that. I have a lady friend and she is very supportive and understanding in what I do. In some occasions she is even inspiring.

So yes, I also think that the standard is set up by the male species...less understanding. Is it because of the macho behaviour as when we where cavemen!?

FL

FoxyLady

Oh no! both genders are to blame on this one. There are many resounds on both sides. Now I think the question should be, to which gender to whom a double standard is most applied to by man and women? Men.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hoverfly is correct on this one. Both genders are the blame. That being said, however, it's not a "macho" thing for men to discuss wearing women's clothing amongst themselves or in mixed company. The illusion is that to do so is to be "soft" and not manly. It doesn't matter what the person really thinks about the subject, they will never acceed to the point that males wearing articles of women's clothing is "ok."

both sexes...probably for good reason. at one time the male and female role defintion was set up to provide division of labor/responsibility for the safety,etc of the tribe,group,whatever. there was no room for debate since survival was at stake. but in modern times,its hard to shake off the traditions that got us here. maybe there is some of it burned into our dna.

I totally agree with you, Wood&metal. Women tend to be more tolerant and more freestyled than we, men. I believe we have some kind of guilt on this issues -as a gender I mean, not specifically-. Maybe it's culture Maybe it's just fear

My brother had a baby doll and stroller when he was little as his favorite toy. Don't know how exatly that came about but my mom must have givin it to him. At that time my sister wasn't born yet and I was to little to remember but they talk about it all the time. He is not into any womens clothing or anything like that. Infact, when he came to vesit , he noticed alot of high heel articals and shoes around my house and had to ask about it. I told him I like heels. He did not understand as we were raised very one sided and he does not have a very open mind. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter what you play with as a child, it doesn't effect who you grow up to be.

real men wear heels

It's us. If we all went out and wore them outside instead of locking ourselves away in the closet then it would be more normal and accepted.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's us. If we all went out and wore them outside instead of locking ourselves away in the closet then it would be more normal and accepted.

I think you're right Dr Shoe,

In the sixties and seventies the women came on the street and demanded equality, no more discrimination of the female and they burned their bras. Started wearing jeans trousers and even suits.... brave as they where.

We should try to do the same, but again, we are such a small community that they hardly will notice us....

Thus no notice, let's walk....

I am defenetly working on it and wear my heels more often since I'm with this forum then ever before.

I even bought a few more the last few days to try to wear them to work, shopping and allother things

FL

FoxyLady

YES. Dr.Shoe hits the point square in the middle. I wear my heels more and more every month that goes by. This community has certainly helped me along the way. If we all gain in confidence ( and never forget to look in the mirror at the whole outfit) we will achieve the equality we desire. I shall not leave this community until that is achieved and I feel completely at ease in nothing less than my wonderful 5" heeled shoes.

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Johnieheels said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter what you play with as a child, it doesn't effect who you grow up to be.

Johnieheels, you're partially correct. It affects some people and doesn't affect others. For instance, you said you played with a pair of red pumps that your mother gave to you when you were a child. I also played with a pair of pumps that my mother gave to me when I was 3. We both love to wear women's shoes, especially high heels. Do you suppose we would still be wearing heels if we weren't exposed to them when when were children?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

A double standard is caused by everyone, who can't accept their fellow beings for who they are and refuses to acknowledge and embrace the differences. Would I have a desire for high stiletto heeled pumps if I never knew of their existence? Well, I guess I'll never know, in my present state of being. Speculating though, I probably would have lived a life void of empathy and I would have little to no sympathy for those who thought differently than my view of reality.

Johnieheels said:

Johnieheels, you're partially correct. It affects some people and doesn't affect others. For instance, you said you played with a pair of red pumps that your mother gave to you when you were a child. I also played with a pair of pumps that my mother gave to me when I was 3. We both love to wear women's shoes, especially high heels. Do you suppose we would still be wearing heels if we weren't exposed to them when when were children?

I truly believe I would be wearing heels if I wasn't exposed to them as a child. I remember going to school from 1st grade on and admiring the girls shinny mary janes and all other pretty and different designs of shoes girls had as I still do and always wanted to know how they would feel on my feet. Whether my mom gave me those red pumps to play with or not, I don't think anything would be different.

real men wear heels

I have often wandered, what if? What if heels were never invented and we never seen so many different designs of women's shoes and everybody just wore flats or sandals of some kind. Hmmmm.

No. No Johnieheel. That's impossible. I'm Sure some creative rebel guy like anyone here would be inventing them right now for us to ware.

No way. Absolutely out of the question.

Or, maybe, we could still be hunting deers and mamouths on our bare feet like in the Iceage.

If women wore stockings on their heads as an exclusive feminine garment -- one that identified them as a female member of the human race, rather than high heels on their feet, I would imagin a number of us would be wearing stockings on our heads.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually no. Ok, some of us are cross dressers and would wear stockings on their heads (and actually do LOL) but I think that the vast majority of heel wearers do so because of the tactile sensations.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.