Post SHOE NEWS Here

gary0618

Big. Fat. Hairy. Deal. Yeah, imagine 10,000 shoes and probably nothing over size 11. Color me unimpressed.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

At 8,500 square feet, Sak's new shoe department is so large it is actually getting its own zip code

8,500 square feet!

I hope they have an on site chiropodist to sort those square feet out too :smile:

(That has to be the pun of the month, huh? Give it up for the admin :wavey:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 2 months later...

post-1115-133522846162_thumb.jpg

Saks Fifth Avenue's shoe-a-palooza

| Posted Aug 19th 2007 11:01AM by Lauren Messiah

Filed under: Stores, Shoes

Today Saks Fifth Avenue has unveiled it's largest shoe department in New York City. What makes it the largest shoe department ever? Could it be the 10,000 pairs of shoes or that fact that the department warrants its own zip code (10022)? Yep, its that serious. A sea of stilettos, boots, sandals, mules, high heels, kitten heels, and more.

Actress Debra Messing and celebrity stylist Phillip Bloch were there today to cut the purple ribbon. Bloch stated that "You couldn't have kept us away. When they asked me to come I thought Saks...ahhh ...Debra ...ahhh ...shoes ...ahhh...this could be trouble." I would be in trouble too if I were surrounded by a pair of $1700 gold Christian Louboutin heels (which Bloch couldn't resist so he tried them on himself).

Messing's mind was clearly blown, "This is mind-blowing, awe-inspiring, titillating; it makes me feel like I want to dance throughout the entire room. It's also sort of frustrating because with 10,000 styles it's too much and you just can't have it all." Her first purchase was a pair of Louboutin peep-toe pumps for $950.

Just hearing about their excitement (reported from Fashion Week Daily) has me green with envy. Talk about a kid in the candy store. I get all giddy inside DSW and that is like the bruised fruit warehouse compared to a gigantic Saks. If you find yourself in New York's Cities Saks, trek on up the 8th floor and buy me a pair of Louboutins. Or just tell me how much fun you had drooling over 10,000 pairs of shoes.

Maybe we can get Kneehighs to visit and give us a review.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 3 weeks later...

Another Great Pair of Boots!

I would be ordering these Pronto, If I had not already blown my Boot Budget this month on 2 other pair.

Available up to size 12 D.

http://www.shoemall.com/catalog/product.jsp?style=133150SM&typeId=714&Ne=8&subgrp=Heel%20Height%20Summary&N=4294967278+25+95+4294966866+89&subCategoryId=589&categoryId=584&default=false&productsPerPage=41"]

post-1115-133522847393_thumb.jpg

Hey Gary

This is exatly the type of thing members can upload to our other sections of the website so as to preserve them for many others to read.

Maybe something like "The press and Media" section is good for this article?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I was curious about the zip code thing. One article claimed it must be 10022, but that belongs to the nearest post office and covers a several block area. However, US zip (postal) codes were expanded to 9 digits and some of these so called ZIP+4 codes are assigned to a single building or company. For example my 9 digit zip is assigned to a group of 15 houses on one side of the street. The POSTNET bar codes you see along the bottom edge of envelopes have an 11 digit number. The 5 digit zip + the 4 digit extension + a 2 digit delivery point which is the last 2 digits of the street address. So my 11 digit delivery point code actually belongs to my house. I guess you could say, he has such a large shoe collection that he has his own zip code, too. A little research came up with 10022-SHOE, so it's apparently a publicity stunt. Although there is an article announcing it on the USPS web site, a ZIP code is expected to be numeric. Their own address validator rejects it.

A little research came up with 10022-SHOE, so it's apparently a publicity stunt.

Yup, that is what it is.

Been some editorials in the local papers about it. There is fear that more companies will want to follow. Like Perosnalized Phone Numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted on Sun, Oct. 28, 2007 Many new versions of Mary Jane By Nedra Rhone Cox News Service We're in love with Mary Jane. But unlike Rick James' subject from the '70s, the single-strap shoes hitting the streets this season are totally legal. Nearly 100 years after their introduction, Mary Janes are still going strong. "I don't think they've ever really gone away. I just think we are seeing more styles this fall," said Alison Deyette, style director and co-founder of Stylebakery.com, who bought her favorite black wedge-heeled Stuart Weitzman Mary Janes about three years ago. The shoes have a history. Mary Jane was Buster Brown's girlfriend in the comic by Richard F. Outcault. The Brown Shoe Co. of St. Louis was granted use of the character to promote girls' single-strap shoes, and the name stuck. By 1910, all single-strap styles were Mary Janes. "It was generally a little girl's shoe. . . . They were patent leather, and there was no such thing as a heel with a Mary Jane," Deyette said. Today, Zappos, the online retailer, carries more than 800 Mary Jane styles in stiletto, peep-toe, multi-strap, even athletic versions to up the wearer's style quotient. "I think it has a little more allure than your basic pump, unless the pump has an extraordinary toe or an extraordinary heel," Deyette said. "Something like a Mary Jane has a lot more fun to it." Pair them with pants or dresses, but be sure to match the look of the shoe with the garment. With pencil skirts, choose a Mary Jane with a slim heel. With baby doll minis, a wedge creates a Mia Farrow or Twiggy moment. Flat Mary Janes work well on weekends with casual pants as an alternative to sneakers. "Add it into your wardrobe," Deyette said. "It's just a great piece."

I agree with the premise of the article, the MJ shoe is a nice style to have and is very versatile.

. . . and it has a simple sweetness about it. I haven't seen a Mary-Jane yet that wasn't cute.

Have a happy time!

• 1 month later...

F.Y.I

Just a note about larger sizes.

I have purchased from ShoeMall.com and have been happy with their product and service.

I also see that they carry quite a few heels in a "D" with.

And sizes above 12.

For instance, these ankle boots are available up to size 13 D.

post-1115-13352284965_thumb.jpg

http://www.shoemall.com/catalog/product.jsp?style=132485SM&typeId=672&Ne=934&N=4294967278+25+96+4294966866+970&subCategoryId=585&categoryId=584&default=false&productsPerPage=31

From the Steve Madden Web Site

www.stevemadden.com

"As our way of thanking you for the visit and letting you know that we truly look forward for the opportunity to serve you, please use the code 91EFAE62D9 and you will save 15 % on your first purchase.

Please enter 91EFAE62D9 in the Promotional Code box on the Shopping Cart page and then click "Apply Code". Our "new customer" discounts can only be used once by each family."

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thought some of you might be interested in this. It's about the unveiling of the debut of the Wizard of Oz Ruby Slipper collection, replete with Crystallized Swarovski elements. I couldn't figure out how to convert the original document into a format that the server here would support, so I took a screen shot and converted that to JPEG.

post-486-133522865806_thumb.jpg

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 7 months later...

Maybe some Good News for A change! LOL

Crocs

In late 2007, Crocs' (CROX) shares traded at more than $72. Now they change hands at well below $2. At the end of March, Crocs got a six-month extension of a critical credit facility. According to Reuters, "Crocs Inc averted a cash crunch by winning an 11th-hour credit facility extension with a California bank, but analysts say the jury is still out on whether the struggling brand can turn around." Two weeks before the credit extension, the company's auditors gave the firm a "going concern" letter, an indication that there would be reasonable chance that Crocs would make it another year. In the fourth quarter of 2008, Crocs lost $43 million after making $55 million in the same period the year before. Revenue fell from $225 million in the last quarter of 2007 to $126 million. Crocs won't make it through the year.

http://money.aol.com/investing/brands-that-will-disappear?icid=main|verizon|dl3|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fmoney.aol.com%2Finvesting%2Fbrands-that-will-disappear