I FINALLY DID IT..........WHAT A RUSH

sandalcrazy27

Well guys I have been reading and posting for a long time on this site and the more I read about first time outing the more I wanted to do it. I can't say anymore that I needed the right place to go. What I really needed was the right heel that made me feel comfortable. Then my favorite store had these in stock.

Posted Image

Now when I bought them I thought they would be tight and a little uncomfortable but on the contrary they were absolutelty perfect in fit and size. I went to my neighborhood payless right before work thinking that they might not have them. But as I looked through the size 12s there was only one and I had to get them. I got into my car and put them on and I expected some resistance thinking I would have to put my foot down and wiggle my foot around to get them in.( I know nost of us have done that) but to my surprise they slipped in with ease. Now driving in these beauties was a little uncomfortable in my hip. 4" heels. But as I was driving to work I kept talking myself up to getting out and giving them a road test. Now as paranoid as I am :wink: about being seen by someone I know I just said f$#% it. I ventured to Walmart close to my office, got out of the car, checked the length of my pants and went in. As I was walking to the door all I could hear was click click click from these 4" clogs and I almost turned around but I said get some balls and keep going. So I went into the store walked around for about 30 min and not even a peep i heard from the other people. I caught a few second looks but nothing was said. I walked out of the store got into my car and smiled :wink: . Now I know the feeling most of you get and I'm glad i did it.

HIGH HEELS FOR EVER. :D

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Sure is fun isn't it? Next time try them on in the store. Honest, the clerks won't be upset or even surprised, especially if you buy something. You will find that shoe shopping is also fun. Great story. Be sure to let us here all about your next outting.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Congratations! I remember my first time, too. I won't deacribe it here 'cause this is your first time thread. But, I will comment on the clogs. As it happens I just got a pair yesterday and they they really hit the sweet spot in many ways. I was going to put on quieter heel tips, but now you've inspired me to wear them out the way they are.

Congrats...very cool! A very positive experience that will help lead to more opportunities. What a rush knowing you can be you! Have fun!

david

Well guys I have been reading and posting for a long time on this site and the more I read about first time outing the more I wanted to do it. I can't say anymore that I needed the right place to go. What I really needed was the right heel that made me feel comfortable. Then my favorite store had these in stock.

Posted Image

Now when I bought them I thought they would be tight and a little uncomfortable but on the contrary they were absolutelty perfect in fit and size. I went to my neighborhood payless right before work thinking that they might not have them. But as I looked through the size 12s there was only one and I had to get them. I got into my car and put them on and I expected some resistance thinking I would have to put my foot down and wiggle my foot around to get them in.( I know nost of us have done that) but to my surprise they slipped in with ease. Now driving in these beauties was a little uncomfortable in my hip. 4" heels. But as I was driving to work I kept talking myself up to getting out and giving them a road test. Now as paranoid as I am :wink: about being seen by someone I know I just said f$#% it. I ventured to Walmart close to my office, got out of the car, checked the length of my pants and went in. As I was walking to the door all I could hear was click click click from these 4" clogs and I almost turned around but I said get some balls and keep going. So I went into the store walked around for about 30 min and not even a peep i heard from the other people. I caught a few second looks but nothing was said. I walked out of the store got into my car and smiled :wink: . Now I know the feeling most of you get and I'm glad i did it.

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Another first time heeling congrats goes out to sandalcrazy27. Welcome to the club!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey Sandalcrazy Congrats on your trip to the shoe store. My first time that I actually tried on a pair in a store was 3 years ago. The lady there made me feel real comfortable, and when I came out of the dressing room with the heels on, she suggested what color I should paint my toes. I have gone back and have purchased a few more pair of heels there and tried them on in the store. Now all I need is the guts to wear them outside in public.

congratulations! thats a great, inspirational story. Maybe I'll try that sometime soon (I know, ive been saying that for years :D) Perhaps the next time I go out of town on vacation....im still very reticent to go out around here, lest I run into someone I know.

Sandalcrazy27:-) What a perfectly great story of your first public outing. Even though you were in clogs and not sandals, the rush is the greatest feeling in the world. Maybe some day soon you can repeat that rush in your sandals. Congrats to you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Posted Image

Now when I bought them I thought they would be tight and a little uncomfortable but on the contrary they were absolutelty perfect in fit and size. I went to my neighborhood payless right before work thinking that they might not have them. But as I looked through the size 12s there was only one and I had to get them. I got into my car and put them on and I expected some resistance thinking I would have to put my foot down and wiggle my foot around to get them in.( I know nost of us have done that) but to my surprise they slipped in with ease. Now driving in these beauties was a little uncomfortable in my hip. 4" heels. But as I was driving to work I kept talking myself up to getting out and giving them a road test. Now as paranoid as I am :evil: about being seen by someone I know I just said f$#% it. I ventured to Walmart close to my office, got out of the car, checked the length of my pants and went in. As I was walking to the door all I could hear was click click click from these 4" clogs and I almost turned around but I said get some balls and keep going. So I went into the store walked around for about 30 min and not even a peep i heard from the other people. I caught a few second looks but nothing was said. I walked out of the store got into my car and smiled :wink: . Now I know the feeling most of you get and I'm glad i did it.

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, Sandalcrazy27, first time is the hardest. :wink:

Happy holidays in Austin.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, sandalcrazy27! I get to live "the first time" through the enterprising people (and now you're added to the growing list) here until I get'r done myself :D I went to five local Payless stores expecting to find these beauties you showed us here, but alas, NONE of the stores even carried size 13 at all. Even the 12s were scant pickings. I ended up buying them through their website, really expecting to have to return them when I couldn't get my high arch into them, but like you, was VERY pleasantly surprised to find them a great fit for my foot. This style has been a long time favorite of mine and though they do not have an authentic wood sole, they look and feel terrific. Thanks for posting the find! Look forward to hearing more about your street heeling too. heelme

a good idea, if you're looking for size 13 and can't find it, is to go to a store that goes to size 12 and ask them if they know of any nearby stores that sell 13s. i did this at a payless found in a shopping mall once (i know, REALLY bold move), but the sales lady was very helpful

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

....and I'm glad i did it.

I most likely agree :wink:

It's liberating, isn't it? I too had difficulties to walk on them in public and being spotted by familiar people, and I have been spotted and I even got into a chat with them telling them why I wear heels. It's so fun to share your honest opinion rather than giving them a slight motion of being shy or filled with shame. Telling them it's a rush as you experience it is like overwelming them with your passion. I give these people no other option then either to accept me for what I like to do, or ceasing to hang around with me. None of them has chosen to second option. It's fun indeed ^^

If all is lost as it may seem,

in a cruel endless game,

I'd rather live to redeem,

than to die in shame!

Heelme:-) Congrats on your finding that set of mules in your size. Wear them in good health. Enjoy! Danielle:-) That's a great idea that you passed on to everyone. I'm sure that it will come in handy for someone. Zero:-) Being trueful with those you meet about why you wear heels is going to put the right ideas into their heads before they have a chance to think otherwise when they see the zeal that you have and the enjoyment your getting. Maybe that will get them to thinking that they should try wearing heels also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Sandalcrazy, I have to thank you for posting those shoes. Just went to my local Payless and bought a pair! Very comfortable indeed. My adventure was to actually try them on in the store. I wore a pair of Bastad clogs in so that they'd be easy to slip off and try these on. I was glad I did, as I needed an 11 instead of a 12. Very cool shoes. Thanks again and congrats on your Walmart adventure!

well you have asked and soon i will deliver. I just got these today

Posted Image

and after i get a pedi I will live up to my handle. Before that happends does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the bow. I love the shoe and the style but the bow has to go.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Wow, those are very cool too! Didn't see those this weekend when I was in there. Did see a couple others I was interested in though. I'm def. loving these clogs though. I'd wear them all the time if I thought I could get away with it!

Well i finally got a digital camera so here are some pics of the new slingbacks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would like to point out that I need a pedi so lets not be mean

those shoes are lookin HOT! I went to a few Payless stores today and at one store, they had the clogs you mentioned in a 12W. They somewhat fit, but I wasn't really comfortable with way the back felt (maybe I should have put on both shoes). Tried on some other stuff, and I saw your newest purchase there also, but only in a 12 medium. Lots of the shoes only went up to 12. Only one store I found carried 13s, but even they were all med width. Heck, three stores didn't go past 11! Talk about bad on the nerves... I tried on a few 12s, but nothing really fit well, so I left the maybe 6 stores I managed to hit, all empty-handed and maybe tried on 10 pairs of shoes between them. Better days are due, I'm sure...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I'm going to get a pedi and paint my toenails. More pics to come after that time. And I know the pics will look much better.

Keep in mind Danielle that I have a wide foot and the slingbacck fit me fine. They feel too good to let sit inside, i'm actively looking for a pair of boot cut jeans to go out in.

C_Heels:-) Congrats on your new shoes. It was a great idea to try them on in the store as you got a much better fit without going back and maybe missing out on a size. Sandalcrazy27:-) I think that your new slingbacks look great on you. I would leave the bow on them myself as it lends a great detail to them. Hold off taking them off until you get your pedi and see just how they look then. Sometimes the bows are sewn on and sometimes they are on with glue or a staple, or glue and a staple to keep them from moving around. I think that they would look good minus the bow also, but might leave a mark where they were removed. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi, Everyone --

Once it occurs to you that most people aren't much concerned with what the next guy is doing, so long as it doesn't adversely affect them, it becomes easier and easier to go out in heels.

My wife, new baby (3 1/2 mos. old) and I went to the nearby mall in town so that she could return a pair of slacks she'd purchased a few weeks ago for our son's upcoming baptism. Until very recently, my wife, who is very cool with my wearing high heels and thinks I look great in some of them, didn't want me wearing them in public when she and the baby were around. But this past Saturday she allowed me to go all out. So I got to wear a sharp woolen turtleneck sweater, tight black jeans and my Tommy Hilfiger boots (about 4.5" heel/.5" platform.) I felt really, well, sexy, confident and attractive. And you know, if anybody noticed them they didn't question me about it. I'm not the least bit worried about being noticed any longer. The ironic thing about all of this is that for nearly all my life I was terrified about what other people thought of me. I was afraid of standing out because I was shy when I was younger and thought that standing out was an invitation for trouble. Now that I'm older, entering middle age, and I'm not too concerned about what people think of me, I have to keep my high heel wearing in a fair degree of check because my wife is concerned that my son will be embarassed in front of his friends and their parents if I one day wear my heels around them.

Anyway, in the meantime I get to wear them just about as often as I wish. I'd like to wear them to work, but probably will not. There is usually plenty of work to do, and I still get excited enough when I wear my high heels that it's all I can do not to fixate on them to some degree.

Posted Image

Posted Image

To everyone who's reading and hasn't yet gone out and about in their heels, come on in, the water's fine.

Warm regards, everyone!

RayCF

That's really great, RayCF! Being single, it's very easy for me to do my own thing. It's great though that your mate allows you to go out heeled at least some of the time.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi, SandalCrazy27 - I meant to mention that I really dig clogs, too. The other day, on the trip to the mall I wrote about in the first reply, I spotted some in the shoe department at Belk's. I even pointed them out to my wife, who agreed that they were nice-looking shoes. Mostly, though, I like nearly any high-heeled, closed-toe shoe or boot. Yours are, IMO, a great choice. I even looked on the Payless site to see how much they cost. My first pair of heels after the Pleaser 8868 thighboots I bought before my wife and I met, were from Payless. Shafted, thanks for the encouragement; reading your posts, I suspect that you're quite ahead of me in your evolution as a heel wearer. I'm really lucky for my wife -- she grew up in Key West, FL, and so has seen pretty much everything. When we first started dating, I knew that, liking her a lot, I'd have to be out front about my thing for heels. When I brought it up, she said "Is that all? OMG, I thought you had a body in your closet or something!" So, from then on it was pretty smooth sailing. When we were expecting our son, I wasn't allowed to wear them to her OB appointments because in her words, "It's all about me. I don't want the attention focused on your shoes by all the girls at Dr.'s office!" She was only half-joking, though, ha! I used to wear them all the time while I commuted back and forth between South Florida and Jacksonville, where we now live together. My wife's concerns then were based on her fear that I might get jumped and beaten by troublemakers on the FL turnpike. Turned out her fears were rather groundless. I was getting gas once and had a nice conversation with a fellow behind me in the checkout line (the card reader at the pump was broken) and he looked like someone out of crowd at the monster truck show. I wore my J-Lo boots that day and not a word about them was spoken, even when it was obvious by the way I walked back to my car. So, I really do think most people are either too absorbed in their own things to notice, or if they do notice then they're simply inclined to mind their own business. However, if in the midst of dealing with someone anyway, like a cashier, and they are wearing something I like, I usually go out of my way to pay a compliment. But that's just me. Anymore, there seems to me to be a sense of anonymity out in the world. So long as you don't want to be bothered, it works fine. But if you find yourself in a jam and could use the attention of another, you might find yourself in even deeper trouble. Thoughts? Again, SandalCrazy27, nice going! It just gets easier from here. BTW, just call me Ray; CF are the initials of my middle and family names. RayCF

RayCF:-) It sure is nice that your pardner goes along with you wearing heels and it was a great first step in letting her know that from the very beginning. At least she knows that you don't have any dead bodies hidden anywhere. TEE! HEE! What you say is very true---if people notice, they usually don't say anything if it doesn't effect them personally. The more you do it, the easier it becomes and the more fun you have. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

can I get comments on these?

Posted Image

I'm thinking of getting them for when I hit the street tomorrow. Its between these and the sligbacks.