Youngster wearing heels

plasmaboy

As I grew from 1st grade keeping a close eye on mary jane's and other styles with low thicker heels to high school with higher thicker stacked heels to finally stiletto's, I sorta grew along with it and now have a variety of all kinds of heels. It has been a great adventure! As for being younger from 10 or 11 yrs old into high school and even now, I have taken on a passion for stacked and thicker than stiletto heels. I do own quite a few stiletto's but they are just not my favorites. That's just me.

real men wear heels

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I grew from 1st grade keeping a close eye on mary jane's and other styles with low thicker heels to high school with higher thicker stacked heels to finally stiletto's, I sorta grew along with it and now have a variety of all kinds of heels. It has been a great adventure!

As for being younger from 10 or 11 yrs old into high school and even now, I have taken on a passion for stacked and thicker than stiletto heels. I do own quite a few stiletto's but they are just not my favorites. That's just me.

So you were into shoes at an early age also? I never knew anybody else who had my interest at such a young age.

So you were into shoes at an early age also? I never knew anybody else who had my interest at such a young age.

Yes Shrimper, as long as I can remember, even before school, I have had a passion for pretty girl shoes. As I have posted before, my favorite toy was a red pair of 3"pumps my mom gave me to play with. I was cicking around the hard wood floors way before I entered pre school. Mom got a kick out of it. I kept those red heels for a very long time.

Funny when your a child, no one pays attention to what you play with as long as yor having fun. Should never change that. But then as we grow older, society, along with our family, try to mold us into what they think we should be.

real men wear heels

I was 13 when I first slipped my feet into a pair of my mother's pumps, and the rest was history. She never knew as that was my secret passion, born out curiosity as to how women could walk in high heeled shoes. To this day, I could still remember the delight I experienced when I uncovered the answer that I sought to my question, and developed what would be a lifelong fondness for women's shoes in general, and pumps in particular.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Like many of you, I have never known what it is like not to have the desire to wear feminine shoes. My first remembrance of my life was when I was around two years old and I was expressing anger because my sister was wearing the Mary Jane patent shoes I wanted to wear. At that age, possession or ownership did not apply. I knew what I wanted and they didn't let me. So a couple of months later, when my sister had to get another size, I saw my chance to have them and nothing was going to keep me from them. Sorry to report that I wore them until they could no longer be classified as wearable for anyone, but OH what a joy I had while I was wearing them. Having to throw them away was a very sad departure for me, but what came later was even more tramatic. I was hit between the eyes with the realization of the societal attitude toward males wearing feminine styled shoes and I couldn't change my desire or need to wear them. So I learned to put on a false front and admire from afar, taking short opportunities where I could, to the chagrin of my parents and siblings, especially my sister. Now, returning to the thread's subject, I'm of the opinion parents need to be aware and counsel with their children according to the maturity of each child. Also with a broad brush, children should not wear heels with a slope greater then five degrees before they have had time for their feet to mature. You may say children wear mommies heels when their playing, but their little feet really aren't raised by the toebox area. A slope of eight degrees or low heels may be attained after a few years of elementary schooling, but this is a parent's call. Usually, wearing mid heels would probably be all right during the years of grades 6 to 8. High heels should be deferred untill after they have finished the stages of puberty and/or graduate to nineth grade. Even then a heel higher than three and a half inches must be an occasional option and not the daily wear.They should also be able to show how well they can walk in them, before going out into public activities, so they should have the opportunity to practice or, more appropriately thought of as, wearing their heels around the house in the family environment. The effects of high heels on them and others should also be a well understood topic, so that they might be prepared to do what is best for all the given situations. This is a general outline and may vary with the individual growth spurts children are known to experience. In these cases, extra care needs to be applied so that the child doesn't wear the higher slopes before their body has adjusted to their new growth, which may tend to be a time of awkwardness in balance and dexterity.

Thank you for all that Histiletto. First of all, I envy you that you had an opportunity to have your own mary janes at an early age. Something I only dreamed about at that age. Second, you are absolutely correct in your ideas that children need to be careful of what they wear in the early stages of maturity. As a professional trainer I have been taught that muscle can grow faster than bone and that can cause long term problems. This applies to everything from training young kids in weight lifting to what to wear on there feet. I won't go into detail on this because it'd mostly common sense. Good reply though. TU.

real men wear heels

I believe I was 12 or 13 when I started wearing my Mom's high heels on a regular basis. At that time, I was wishing high heels would become unisex shoes. They did for a while in the 70's. And hopefully making a comeback.

When I left junior (mixed sex) school at age 11 in 1960, the rock’n’roll era was in full swing and the girls of my age were beginning to show a real interest in fashion, including of course stilettos. For most of them, limited funds were as much a problem as parental disapproval when choosing their clothes and both were rather tighter than they are today.

I used to see the girls I had been at school with around the town over the next few years and, on any occasion when they had any excuse to ‘dress up’, they would be in stilettos (most often around 3 - 3.5” but sometimes 4”+) with fairly tight tops and skirts and at least some make-up. They were in the 13 – 16 age range at this time and, in my humble opinion, looked far better dressed than young teenagers have ever looked again, at least until recently.

Around 1972, I went out a few times with one of my old classmates, Janet, a pleasant and quite vivacious girl of about 5’4”. Alas, the prevailing shoe fashions were low and clumpy and a chance remark about our height difference made it clear that she missed wearing stilettos. Janet told me that, from age 14 or so, she never went out of the house (except to school) unless she was in stilettos, the higher the better. At 15, she had bought some 5” heels which her mother (by no means a strict or unstylish woman) insisted she returned to the shop. Although Janet complied, she told me that it was not long before she bought another pair and just kept them hidden when necessary. I did recall seeing her around in nice heels at this time but never, alas, in the five-inchers. And, as I moved away in 1973, I have never seen her in later years when stilettos were again in fashion, and will always wonder if she wore them again, 5" or otherwise.

Nowadays, the girls around here do seem to grow up much sooner and ‘do their own thing’ regardless of parents etc. And, as more stylish clothes (including stilettos) seem popular again, even with picky teenagers, I have seen many girls of 11 or 12 trying and buying. My only complaint is that stilettos (or other proper high heels) are not – at least yet – the universal choice, even for dressy occasions. There are still too many trainers, flip flops and ballet flats around!

my neice even before she was 10 years old was already wearing 1-2 inch heels daily.. and occasionally 4 inch.. not stilletto's, but still. sigh.. lol. i watch the girls at her school when i visit, and most of them seem to.. around here, none of them do. thena gain alot of the schools around here seem to have dress codes and her doesent.. not sure if that changes anything...