Youngster wearing heels

plasmaboy

well i guess this is stirring some opinions!! i have 3 daughters in total. 8, 5 & 2. Miss 2 clearly doesn't come on the radar. Miss 5 has got the "heel issue" & Miss 8 has gone beyond & knows what is what. Miss 5 has 4" heel boots that her older cousin bought. i have hidden these. I bought both Miss 8 & Miss 4 a pair of cowboy boots with 2" heels. they both wear now & again. Miss 8 used to wear 2.5" loafers to school everyday but have replaced these with 1" heel loafers. Miss 5 wears similar. All girls now are happy. Mostly driven by pears ^ trends here in SW london... I don't enjoy this part of being a father...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think anyone is going to advocate for young girls wearing high (over 4 inch heels), but what about the high school age girls, as i mentioned before i started wearing 5 inch pumps from the wild pair with little mini skirts in hs... what are thoughts about that, you know what the most popular graduation gift in california is for girls?

I don't really think anyone is going to advocate for young girls wearing high (over 4 inch heels), but what about the high school age girls, as i mentioned before i started wearing 5 inch pumps from the wild pair with little mini skirts in hs...

what are thoughts about that, you know what the most popular graduation gift in california is for girls?

Sydnee,

I already mentioned my concerns about 5" pumps and mini skirts in HS. Its not about the wearing of the heels in itself, its about the message your sending out (whether you know it or not). HS age is far too emotionally immature to be sending out a highly sexual message. You have peer pressure, hormonal guys just wanting to get into any girls pants/skirt (use them and leave em) and predator adults.

As I said, 5" heels for a special function with a tasteful classy outfit I wouldn't be opposed to. 5" pumps with a high miniskirt, no. I don't care who did it before, my girls will not be doing that. And I won't just say no, I will sit them down and explain WHY I am saying no. They may not like me or the decision, but parenting isn't about making popular decisions, its about making decisions that are best for the child.

Scotty

Boobs?

Lol, I kid. One of the girls in my class got boobs for graduation :D. I am glad to have this here now to read so I'm better prepared for when I become a father -- that's assuming I get to become one.

Don't know your situation, etc, but I didn't become a father until I was 35. Now 42 with 3 girls:)

No, didn't get married late, was married at 27 actually. Just we wanted to wait until we were both mentially prepared and ready to have kids.

There are many older dads out there, so I am sure you have LOTS of time to find someone (if you don't have anyone yet) and have kids:)

Scotty

good reading..... considering I am hoping to be a father some day. But, that talk will happen after the matter of proposing to my lady takes place. until then, i keep my eyes open to hear what other guys go through. I got theories.. one day, they'll be tested :wink::D:wink: RPM

I have noticed shopping and walking around the different sizes that there are a LOT MORE boots, shoes, mules, whatever in smaller sizes and not only in smaller sizes...but I think also GEARED for the younger age. I wear a size 6-6 1/2 so I notice the smaller sizes which are usually near. The style, material, paterns, etc. are more attractive to the 9-13 age group I see. This is a lot different than the styles at say, one of my favorite local heel stores, 'Aldo' is. The heels there are more riske' than the other places. My room-mate has a little sister who is 14 and it surprised me how high heels she had on a few pairs on shoes. Usually they were chunky heels and platform type shoes or mules. She was even over one day in the summer and had a pair of 'tennis shoe' looking shoes with a 3" heel of so. They were fashion not function for sure. It's also what you wear with them that makes a difference too. That makes it either 'fashion or frisky' or 'stylish or slutty'. I don't remember there even being anything like that about 10 years ago when I was 12. I got a few pairs in my teens to wear for special occasion like a school dance or wedding or such...and when I was in my senior year of high school I remember I had 'the heel bug' and had a few 4" stiletto pumps...a pair in black, dark blue, and red that I wore quite often. As I said with clothing...90% of time I wore them with jeans or some other pants and rarely wore them with a short skirt not to look too riske' in high school.

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I was in a department store today looking at mens' shoes for a pair of loafers. I happened to notice in the girls' section (not womens) a pair of shoes that I would NOT buy for a preteen. They were pointed-toe two-piece pumps with an ankle strap and about a 2.5 inch sculptured clear heel. I could tell from the size of them they were for girls and the other shoes they were displayed with were much more age-appropriate.

Although, very minor, the high heels started with my 7 yr old daughter. She got a gift card from Target for Christmas. As we were going through the toy section to see what she wanted, she came across these Disney Princess dress up "heels" (they can't be more than 1/2 inch), but for a 7 yr old, that is high. So now she has been going around the house proclaiming she is now wearing high heels and how much harder they are to walk in. She is going to stay with my wife's sister this weekend, so she told her to bring them and she will teach her how to walk in heels (my sister-in-law wears heels alot more than my wife who rarely wears them and only then by protest). I have to keep an eye on her now to see if her wearing "heels" starts to develop into wanting to wear real shoes with heels or higher heels on them. These are only for pretend around the house, but already she wants to wear them like slippers and wanted to wear them in the van when we went to go see the lights. Atleast I can see she is getting her daddy's passion for heels and not her mommy's;) Scotty

Atleast I can see she is getting her daddy's passion for heels and not her mommy's;)

Scotty

Sometimes it's good to just laugh lol. You say that 1/2 in is too high for a 7 year old. Does that mean for any occasion or for just everyday use?

I would consider 2in to be the limit for special occasions and 1in the limit for everyday use until she was 12 or 13 because that's about the time most girls stop growing physically and start trying to be women.

my niece stayed with me over the new year, shes 14 and commented on my heels that were under my desk. She asked if she could try them on 5" stilletoes knee high boots, although a size too big an insole stopped them slipping and she had great fun around the house. When we went for a meal in the evening she asked if she could wear them, as she had been very stable around the house I said yes, her mum was not best pleased but hey, if you cant spoil you niece occassionly. She wore them with great pride and looked very elegant in them, attracting one comment from a women who said she wished that she could wear boots like it. Nett result though is that I have lost a pair of boots. Shes been told not to wear to school or just out and about but for special occassions, and to be very careful where she walks so that she does not catch a heel in agrid or pavement crack and fall over or break the heel. I dont think it will be long before they go to get re heeled

kids eh!!! both my eldest & middle daughter (8 & 5) now have high heel cowboy boots. They are about 2.5" cuban heel and they seem to walk in them fine. Good tactic i thought as they can't wear cowboys of any sort to school and they aren;t very good in the park! Much better than the knee high affairs previously talked about in the thread. roll on summer so its back to 99p flip flops from woollies. ;o)

Heels shouldn't be a health problem, per se, with growing feet, as long as open toes are maintained--so the toes aren't squished together for the "proper" pointed look that manufacturers all seem to prefer. And they fit of course.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

my fience and I have decided that if we have a daughter that shes gonna train her to wear tall heels starting at age 8, starting off with 3 inch heels and about age 10 have her in 5 or 6 inch heels.

Yeah right, a 10 year old wearing a 6" high heel? Could you be more convincing? :D

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

my fience and I have decided that if we have a daughter that shes gonna train her to wear tall heels starting at age 8, starting off with 3 inch heels and about age 10 have her in 5 or 6 inch heels.

Is she going to have any say in the matter?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

good luck getting a mentally healthy socially adjusted 10 year old into 6 inchers!!!! good luck!!!!!!!! if grown folks have a hard time getting their partner to do 4 inchers, what makes you think an active 10 year old pre-teen to listen to you let alone wear the shoes you want? As soon as they realize the other kids aren't doing it, they'll resist you.. plus you risk emotiallly scarring your child if they're not into the heeling thing. why? she won't say no, you're her parent, she'll internalize it and rebel. careful with that idea buddy!! RPM

Wasn't there a case not long ago about parents being charged with child abuse because they had their young son lifting weight at an age deemed too young by the courts? I wonder if the same would apply by forcing or even allowing someone that young to wear that high of a heel?

It's best to let kids make their own choices, as long as their choices do not harm themselves or someone else. If they choose to wear heels, then it's ok to encourage it as they explore that avenue of fashion freedom - if they don't want to do it, then I agree....it could be very harmful to keep on them about it.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It's best to let kids make their own choices, as long as their choices do not harm themselves or someone else.

I think this is the key. My daughters would like to eat ice cream and candy all day. That is their choice. As a parent I have to know that would be very bad for them. It is my job to make sure they do things that are not harmful for them.

Wearing 6" heels at age 10 sounds very harmful, even if the child WANTED to wear the heels, it doesn't sound like a very good idea. If the child was 16 and wanted to learn to wear them (even then I would be hesitent) but I would probably want them to start off very slow and work up to that. Since we all grow and develop at a different rate, it would probably be advisble to consult a doctor to determine if any major damage would be done to a child at that age.

I still think it would be possible for child protection agencies to view having a child that young wearing that high of a heel as child abuse/neglect.

I think that the 'I would have my 10 year old training in 6" heels' the comment from someone who is not a parent yet. I am not one either but knowing so many people who aren't and then become a parent the views change a lot. It sounds great to think of now, but hopefully and probably the view of a 10 year old training to wear heels will change if it's 'YOUR' child. make any sense?

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

There are two things to keep in mind: Your thoughts of kids in heels, and the thoughts of others.

You might not have a problem with your kids wearing the shoes. Heels are thought of by some as a sexual thing. They are used to accentuate the leg.

Kids grow up fast enough without putting them in adult wear too early.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

Do you guys recognize a fetish fantasy when you see it?

Yep, could you be more convincing??!! :D It made me go flat.. :rofl:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

its not a fantasy, and we wont make her do it but my fience knows how to train her right and would not have her wear them outside, just around the house, we'll be waiting till shes at least 13 to wear 6 inch ones out, 5 inch ones when shes 12. But we are interested in getting her interested in them and my wife is obessed with corsets to and think they are better then bras and will see if our daughter would like them more (no they would not be tight laced on her till shes a mid teen) she will mostly be wearing high heel boots, pumps only sometimesand sandels in the summer but from the moment she turns 8, she will only be getting high heeled shoes from then on with like one pair of sneakers for gym.