Are you happy with your shoe/foot size?

Latextex

Are you happy with your shoe size?  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your shoe size?

• yes
    • no
    • I would like larger foot
    • I would like smaller foot

You're blessed with 39.5 and you say you're not very comfortable? I'm just darn ENVIOUS of your shoe size! I wear 42- 44 (depends on the shoe :wink:) and wish I was 41, not to say 39 or 40.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear an 8 1/2 heel, but recently i somehow, someway got into these new patent leather Caressa pumps i found at a thrift store, which are size 8! I find small shoe sizes so much more feminine, and so much more appealing. I believe every man has a feminine side. No, i'm not talking gayness, or anything to do with homosexuality. I am straight, BTW. I just think that if a shoe is HUGE, like a size 10, or 11, because that's usually what a man's foot size is, then it says, "hey! these shoes are usually what females wear, but they're MADE for a man!" That's why pumps look sooo much nicer on small feet, and most women have small feet compared to us guys! I saw a HOT pair of pumps recently, that were VERY small, like a 5 1/2 or 6. They were purple leather, and very nice looking. If my shoe size was 2 sizes smaller, i would have bought them and had those puppies on my feet in no time! I would have probably went to the restroom there at that thrift store and at least tried them on.

No no no no no. I hate my size 44. I see all there wonderful shoes in the store and I wish I can buy them. If I'm lucky I can find size 42 in the usual stores, but not bigger. Sure, there are store that specializes in big shoes, but their styles are just not the same as the mainstreet stores. And of course when I find a webstore with all the right shoes, they don't send to my country. So a big fat NOOOO from me.:wink:

Well. I don't mind the size itself, only the issue of finding shoes big enough. I am having same problem as you "pumps" but did actually buy some in Paris last month. And I will look for shoes/boots in London too as I am sure they do have a much better selection there than here. So yet another reason why I love these heel-meets :wink:

I do wish I was just one size smaller, as that would triple the number of styles available, and increase by seven times the number of styles that I would actually enjoy wearing. I find very few styles in my size attractive, and most to be of reduced heel height (like tall girls have some stupid aversion to heels, which they do not), tended towards an older crowd (also stupid, as most women with the larger feet are betwen 18 and 30), or just plain stylishly stupid. If manufacturers would to simply produce a random sample of their collections (say, 1/3 of their styles, selected at random), and produce them in the larger sizes, they'd corner the market.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind my foot size (USM13), but I don't like the even more limited amount of shoes available than for a USM12. The internet sizes tend to quit at 44-45Euro and I'm 46, so that option is limited even for me.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

don't remember if i answered this question yet, but i would love a smaller foot size. Heels look SOOO much better on a smaller foot, not all big and bulky like some size 10 and up. We're all into fashion, and that's what a small heel on a small foot is.

[ I don't see an edit button anymore, so I'll "edit" my previous post this way: My feet are above even the sizes for outsized women's shoes on the internet. Most sites stop at 44-5, and I take 46, so my selection is even more limited in that way than most men who want heels. (I do on this post, why not my previous one?)

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

For a guy I have an extremely small foot size, im a size 5 UK (sometimes 6 depending on manufacturer- I am fairly small in height and slim built). So I am lucky that I have the full choice of shoes in the so called "womens" department. However, the funny thing is, I have major trouble when I am looking for so called "mens" shoes as I can never get a size small enough...I always have to go goto the childrens sizes, highly embarrassing. One experience was while fitting for a suit (for a wedding I had to attend) the place didnt have any shoes in my size. So that is basically what started me looking into wearing heels as there is a better choice of shoes in my size.

• 1 month later...

Well, even if you wanna wear these so-called "men's shoes" sometimes, buy yours in the "women's" department... Chicks can buy low-heeled oxfords that are totally masculine (the only difference is that they're available in smaller sizes and seem to be made better that most "men's" shoes) and no one bats an eyelid. So why couldn't you? And, thanks to your small shoe size, you discovered the realm of nice-looking shoes and boots... that's great!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

i guess it would be kewl to have a more common womens shoe size...like a anywhere from 8 to 10,but it aint gonna happen,so why sweat it? and my boot collection numbers over 100 with a us womens size 14 anyways,so if i wore a us womens 9 or 10,i would probably have 500 or more...and thats a bit much...for my wife anyways

• 4 weeks later...

Typically, I fit a US women's 11 to 12, depending on the shoe brand. But my feet are not uniformly one size (they are not a "typical" size 11). When I try on pumps, if I can get a toebox that is comfortably wide enough, the heel is too wide at the back and doesn't grip properly, causing my foot to slide down in the shoe and cancel out the toebox width, cramping my toes. I prefer strapped shoes, sandals, and lace-up boots right now so I can adjust the fit to keep my foot in place. Custom boots and shoes are something I'm eyeing to invest in in the future. I would like to be a size smaller. The largest sizes sold at Sears and Target (size 11s) run 1-1.5 sizes too small. Because of that, I'm largely limited to shopping at Payless. One thing I like about having a larger size is that I am already able to walk in four inch heels well, and with time will be able to do five inch heels. I have a friend who is a size 6, and her highest heels are four to four-and-a-half inches, I believe. It'll be fun at Halloween to go to school wearing something like five-inch or more stilletos (as friendly competition). :smile: -EdwardianEra

I'm an EU 41-42 (UK7-8 / US Women's 10) depending on brand and style. I'm happy with my shoe size. If my feet were a little smaller I would probably have an easier time shopping but my size is pretty good as I'm covered pretty well in the high streets and malls (guess I blessed!). Ideally it would be great if I was a size 39 (UK 6) then I'd be able to share shoes with my missus - or rather she'd be able to borrow from my collection - tee hee.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I am quite happy. I wear a woman's US 11, sometimes a 12. I have narrow feet for am man and even in an 11 with a medium width, my heels can be a bit loose. Even though 11/12's are hard to find, if I wore a 10 or less I would spend myself into poverty...LOL

Style is built from the ground up!

Are you happy with your shoe and foot size. Do you wish your feet were smaller (dainty), or larger, so you could wear higher heels? Are you embarrased with large feet, or proud of them? Are wide feet more of a problem than long feet? Are attitueds about women's shoes size changing along with the average size of women's feet?

I already commented on this subject, but i recently found out that a pair of my pumps looks VERY nice. I would go far to say that they look the NICEST of any pumps i own! The reason why they look so nice is because they are 8.5N (US). That is, they are narrow shoes, and the look of them on my feet makes them look so much nicer than the usual 8.5W(US) (The "W" is for wide, of course.) They don't fit my feet too bad, either! At first, when i put them on, it takes a bit of effort getting my feet into the toebox, but after that, when they slide on snug, then they look and feel VERY great! I will post pics soon, comparing them to other pumps i have.

I am thinking i should go shopping for narrow shoes from now on!

I don't like my shoe size that much, and if i had to choose, I could go with 2 sizes smaller (10 1/2 im mens; 8 in womens) so I could fit almost all of my mom's shoes, especially those dreaded pointy-toe boots (only worn once). They're a 6 1/2, so those size drops would be worth it.

Formally "HHDude"

Are wide feet more of a problem than long feet?

They are for me. I'm blessed with US9/UK7/EU40 (on average, depending on the style), which is large enough to wear 5" heels with relative ease, but small enough to still look good. At 5'4", they are also reasonably in proportion to my height.

The down side is that they are too wide. While I am "okay" in courts, boots, and some sandals, most shoes with open sides (d'Orsay and such) and low-cut vamps (Classic Pumps) cut into the sides of my feet.

"Okay" is relative, though. Courts that are wide enough to be comfortable allow my feet to slide forward enough so that the shoes just fall off, or at least leave an unsightly gap behind my heels. Snug-fitting shoes with "standard" pointed toes will frequently develop unsightly bulges where my big toes press against the sides. I have developed bunions as a result of the "standard" widths in both men's and women's shoes being too narrow, which seriously exacerbates the problem.

I've come to appreciate boots to an increasing degree, as a result. I can get them in sizes and styles that give me a more comfortable width, while the enclosed insteps prevent my feet from sliding forward (and the additional ankle support is very welcome). I have several pair, now, that are comfortable all day long. Also, though I am no fan of the look of the long-point toes that are currently all the rage, the additional comfort (they don't pinch nearly as much) is helping me to get used to them more quickly.

So, while I'm delighted that the length of my feet falls within the ordinary retail range, their width is seriously limiting.

Are attitueds about women's shoes size changing along with the average size of women's feet?

I would say they've changed considerably over the last 20 years. While it is still difficult to get anything sexy/sensuous/fashionable in sizes over UK8/US10/EU41 (Faith has a separate "size 9" range on their website), there is much more available than there once used to be. I recently ventured out to a local mall for the first time in many years (I've been buying my heels mail order over the 'net), where I saw one shop that offered sizes to US15 in nearly all of their styles.

• 3 weeks later...

If I had the choice, I would take 3 sizes smaller, because in France, it's difficult to have high heel shoes under 41, the cost is not the same... :smile: