Buying Heels at the Mall

Magickman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magickman:-) I don't think that you needed a mystery woman to tell you how to get lucky. I think you already know how. You two sure are having a lot of fun going out and about in heels. It sounds like you two click pretty good. Congrats! Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks, Guys, for your comments.

The mystery woman was with a wedding party at the Woodhill Lounge. The same group was at Wendy Lou's earlier in the evening. In fact, the mystery woman said she saw us at Wendy Lou's.

By the time we got to the Woodhill, the wedding party group all seemed to be well lubricated, so to say. They were feeling no pain, for sure.

For some reason, women like to give me advice, whether about dancing, wooing, getting lucky, fashion, or shoes. I take it with a grain of salt. This mystery woman asked if Cindi was my wife, and when I said no, she said, "Girlfriend then?"

So I don't know the mystery woman's motives, but she did help me get Cindi out on the dance floor. For that I was grateful.

Cindi can be quite an imp, when the mood strikes her. She has a quirky sense of humor, too. So it was one morning last week, when we awakened early and she said she would take me out for breakfast. The catch was that she wanted me to wear my thinnest and tallest stiletto heel boots. They are pretty tall and very thin, and early in the morning I was a little unsteady on those heels. But we have a mutual agreement to go along with each others harebrained schemes, just for fun. She said I should wear them, so I did. We cruised up to the Scandia (Minnesota) Cafe to join the rather rural, let's go in for coffee and breakfast crowd, who came in from the farm. But no, no, no, Cindi was not satisfied to parade me around in just those stiletto boots. She insisted that I also load up my ears with earrings in every hole. Big hoops and long dangles was her plan for my ears. So there I was with seven earrings in each ear and the towering stiletto boots, having breakfast in a farm community cafe. No one commented out loud, but lots of them got an eyeful. From there, Cindi wanted to go shopping in Wisconsin and also check out some entertainment opportunities and hotel accommodations for a future mini-vacation. So the Cheeselanders got to see me strutting about, as well. While I was teetering about, interstate, in those high stilettos, sneaky Cindi was wearing low cut white tennis shoes. I think she planned this whole episode in advance. But never fear, gentle readers. I maintained upright posture throughout the entire adventure, not falling over even once. Perhaps Cindi thought I needed more practice in those thinnest heeled stilettos. She and I always have such a good time together.

Magickman, Nice story. You are a proud and confident fashion pioneer. You seldom mention comments from people and don't dwell and the wide eyed looks. You aren't looking for approval or validation from the public. You're just enjoying your passion. Way to go. I live in the same part of the country as you do. My public heeling is limited to chunky heeled shoes and boots - a more conservative look than stilettos. Yet I encounter many a stare. I notice the stares, and carry on with my life. Every so often, I greet the wide-eyed view with a warm smile and "Hello." I want them to know that I'm no threat. Each time you make someone stare, you send a message supporting the cause of fashion freedom. Bluetango

Bluetango

So many shoes and only two feet.

BlueTango:-) You have the right attitude and the right way of presenting yourself in public while wearing heels. I myself, operate very much in the same way. A smile and a hello can carry a lot of weight and travel far. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Magickman -

Bluetango has good advice; a friendly smile goes a long way.

My experience with rural communities is that they might put up with a lot but they don’t accept much out of the mainstream. Your adventure of going out “with seven earrings in each ear and the towering stiletto boots, having breakfast in a farm community cafe” probably was close to the limit of what they might put up with. But, I suspect you know you community better than I do. I am just concerned about going anywhere where I might get a serious negative reaction. It sounds like all went well. Maybe Cindi’s trip wasn’t such a “harebrained scheme” after all.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I do most of my heeling on small towns and rural communities and have found a great deal of acceptance. But that is in New England, the midwest might be something else entirely.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi guys,

Last time out with Cindi was breakfast in Stilettos. Mockey S. asked how high. The heels are 4", but very thin profile. Still not very accustomed to walking in them. Cindi likes them, though.

Yesterday it was lunch in heels with Cindi, at a suburban restaurant. It was a romantic occasion, because it was the same place where we first met. She had her favorite boots on, and I was wearing black knee boots with 4" heels. After lunch, we toured the new building supply and home center store next to the restaurant. The girls working at the store couldn't believe my knee boots. Or maybe they were jealous.

Cindi likes building supply stores because she wants us to build a new home. A log home, made with real logs, warm and cozy, with two fireplaces. She has promised that I can have a shoe room, with built in floor to ceiling shoe shelves. How about that?

Cindi and I have a Thanksgiving eve outing planned. It will be dancing in heels. A suburban ballroom has a big pre-Thanksgiving dance scheduled, and we will both be all heeled up and ready to boogie. A live band playing disco-disco music will be the program. It is music that is impossible not to dance to.

Cindi reserved us a hotel room, right next to the ballroom, so it should be a perfect night for us. She wants me to wear my boots with the tallest heels-- 4 1/2", and she will be wearing her favorite stiletto boots.

I am anticipating an exciting night of dancing in heels, and more excitement later, back at the hotel. Cindi is such a romantic, and she has become an enthusiastic high heeled woman. I do love my Cindi.

Wow, things are really moving fast for you, Magickman! It's sounds like you and Cindi are both having a great time. I really enjoy reading about you two.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks to Shafted, Heel-D, sandalcrazy27, and Mickey S. for the encouragement! And to BobHH, dancing in heels is great fun.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I will meet Cindi for lunch today, (in heels, of course) and afterward, we will be switching to hiking boots for a hike in the woods. Then, tonight, it will be a romantic evening for just the two of us, sitting by the fire. I am thinking that the heels will be off for the night by then. At least, I hope so. She promised that we will go out for breakfast in the morning, to replentish our energies.

In preparation for the big pre-Thanksgiving dance, I went to one of the local community colleges, where they have a cosmetology program. I needed a haircut, and also wanted a hair color application. they were really busy today, and without an appointment, I was lucky to get in. A tall drink of water, almost six feet, cut my hair. I told her that Wednesday was my big date night, for dancing in heels. She had to see my boots, the ones with 4 1/2" heels. She told me she is not much into wearing heels, that at 5' 11" she doesn't need them. The desk girl told me they were too busy today for me to get hair color, but the instructor located another student who was not tied up. Sarah was a real goth chick, with two nose rings, and not so tall. I told her I wanted to be very blond for the big event, and she mixed the color to my specification. When she was done, she called me Goldilocks, which tells you what I looked like. At the community college, a shampoo, haircut, color application, and style cost me only $19.00. Not a bad deal, I thought. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Cindi was busy today, as well. She bought a new outfit for the party, with, get this, silver glitter stiletto heels. I can't wait to see her. And she told me that she expects me to wear my 4" stiletto boots, too. This dance party is sure to be an event to remember.

Seeing someone towering over other in their heels is an awesome sight, indeed.

Both of us in our stilettos, Cindi and I cruised into the big dance on Thanksgiving eve. We had enjoyed a delicious dinner earlier, at the same complex that included both the ballroom and the motel, where we were checked in. The music was already in progress, and Cindi located seating, while I procured beverages. There were some really good dancers out on the dance floor, which made Cindi a little self conscious, about her underdeveloped dancing skills. The music was too danceable to sit for very long, however. My favorite local dance band, Boogie Wonderland, was playing top dance hits from the 70s and 80s. It wasn't long before the bouncy and rhythmic music had us out on the floor, though. Christy Love is the lead singer for Boogie Wonderland, and she sure can belt out the vocals. So there we were, in our stiletto heels, starting to twist, turn, and spin. It went very well. Neither of us tripped or went down, and we were having the time of our lives. After a little while on the periphery of the dance floor, we moved down to front row center position. By this time we were swing dancing immediately in front of the band, close enough to touch them, almost, and to share smiles with the musicians. We stopped for rest and drinks, a couple times, but the music would draw us back to dancing. Cindi was all dressed up; new stilettos, top, skirt, and earrings, even a fur coat. Me... I was dancing for the first time in those thinnest four inch stiletto boots. It was so much fun, that we stayed to close down the joint, after the band played an encore. Then, just a very short walk back to our room, where Cindi and I collapsed into bed. Dancing in heels is great fun, if tiring. I have to add that Cindi told me her stiletto heels were better to dance in than her flats. They felt more comfortable on her feet, she said, and she could do her dance movements easier and more smoothly.

Once again, at the mall, looking at heels. But this time, it was the big enchilada, The Mall of America, in Bloomington, Minnesota. Cindi had invited me out for lunch at the mall, and we met at Nordstroms. Wonderful shoe department at Nordstrom's. But I get ahead of myself. Things began poorly, as on my way in, I broke a heel on the escalator. None the less, I hobbled into Nordstrom's, and met Cindi. Then we went back outside to my truck, and I changed into some sturdier heel boots. Back inside, we wandered about, browsing several stores, shoe stores, actually, before locating Ruby Tuesdays Cafe for our lunch. After lunch, we got down to serious shopping. Macy's, Nordstrom's, Bloomingdales, Nine West, and a little western wear shop, RCF Western. At RCF, Cindi decided I needed a western hat with attitude, and I tried on quite a few. Finally, we agreed on a black leather model, with silver Navaho ornamentation on the hatband. Cindi, that little sweetheart, bought it for me, and I wore it for the rest of our tour. Cindi praised my appearance in the new hat. We looked at scads of shoes and boots, but at Nine West found a pair of beautiful black leather, side zipper knee boots, "Garest" model, with four inch semi-chunky heels, and a buckle detail just above the heel. At Nine West, the sales girl was most helpful and obliging. She said that lots of men buy similar boots at her store. She didn't blink an eye, when I tried on those new boots, with the four inch heels, and she made us feel very welcome. The boots were half price, too! The new boots coordinated well, with my black leather jacket, vest, and new hat. Cindi said they are perfect for me to wear for our New Year's Eve celebration, when we will be dancing, once again, to the music of Boogie Wonderland. I expect that we will be going dancing before then, though, so I will have a chance to test drive the new boots, prior to New Years.

There you go again, dancing in heels :D When you talk about disco and boogie, I think of the Hustle, CW Swing, regular (we call it East Coast) swing, etc. Hustle and CW Swing, especially, can be very fast with lots of turning or spinning (more spins by the woman, though). I would be afraid I would kill myself trying those in heels, though the women do it.

Cindi, it seems, has a plan. She has become my wardrobe consultant. Her vision for me is the "Man in Black," black leather western hat, black shirt, black leather vest, black jeans and belt, and the new black leather high heel knee boots, with the jeans tucked inside. Sterling silver wide hoops and a pair of cubic zirconia studs in each ear.

This is the way she wants her man to look, Cindi says. She finds this to be a very sexy image. Testosterone laden, is how I think she put it.

Cindi admits to concern that the other women will be all over me, but this look really turns her on, and she insists she will protect me from the predatory wiles of the many women I will attract.

To BobHH and DeSalto-- Cindi and I love to go dancing in heels, spinning and turning as we go. Neither of us has tripped or fallen, and certainly no fatal accidents. Dancing in heels is our kind of fun. Both Cindi and I find the high heels to be ideal for dancing.

I am a little worried that I might attract too much female attention in my new outfit, but Cindi says she can handle it. I am sure that lots of women will want to dance with me. And maybe I will take a few of them up on it. But just a few.