Buying Heels at the Mall

Magickman

Hatz 'n' Heelz

That's what this is about. It seems I have become the subject of an extreme makeover of a sort.

Tonight is dancing with Cindi, and my sweetheart is doing a makeover of me. She even has me thinking of properly accessorizing my outfit.

For tonight, it will be new gray dress shirt, black jeans and black leather, silver buckled belt, black leather vest, black leather western hat, black leather stiletto heel boots, black leather jacket, and silver earrings plus zircon studs, in both ears.

This makeover fits Cindi's image of how I will look my best. I think she has good taste.

What do you think?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scene was a singles dance at the Knights of Columbus Hall, in Bloomington, Minnesota. Three of the women looked on, with incredulity plastered on their faces. They addressed me. "HOW CAN YOU WALK IN THOSE?" "I can't wear heels that high." "Don't they hurt your feet?" "You did something to your hair," added the third, skinny little Chris. Then she said, "I can't wear heels." Now don't be getting the idea that at the singles dance parties in Minneapolis, the women all wear tennis shoes or plain flats. There were quite a few very well-dressed women at the dance. Some even had heels (GASP!) higher than mine. Usually, I have the highest heels in the room. A lot of the women were wearing beautiful heeled shoes and boots. The average height is defintely moving up, too. My favorites are the red CFM shoes and really high heeled boots. My date Cindi wore a nice new outfit, and fantastic new gold leather cowgirl boots. Very attractive! She set me straight about the heels. They are 3 3/4". I love her new boots. Both the men and the women have ratcheted up the dress standard. A very good looking group. There was one extremely well dressed woman, also a fantastic dancer. Cindi told me that this woman's outfit cost $1500. Fifteen hundred. Beautiful outfit. Over at the bar, a big fellow next to me did a double take, looking me up and down. "Those are some wild boots," he said. "Where did you get those?" I don't think he wanted a pair for himself, but I am sure he had never before seen a guy in hoochie boots. Yes, I did. I wore the new hoochie boots out in public, in front of hundreds of people. Back up to speed, now. Black leather, lace up, knee boots, with round toes, 4" stiletto heels, and side zipper. Worn outside my black jeans. My E-friend, Tim, from Dallas, says there is a term for this. Peacocking-- wearing unusual and attention getting articles of clothing and adornment. I was fully peacocked for this event. The new hoochie boots, two silver hoop earrings, and four zircon studs, in each ear, black leather western hat, and holiday fingernails, with silver glitter polish. This was the first time I had worn the hoochie boots in public, and there they were, naked and exposed in front of all those people. Completely visible. I wasn't the only man there in heels, either. Several guys wore cowboy boots, and one fellow had 2" cuban heels. My heels were the highest of the men's, but several women wore higher. One cute little blond in a red dress, had on 5" wedge mules. Cindi thought they were maybe 6". Very attractive. The blond was dancing with a man at least a foot taller than her. She had to reach way up, to put her arms on his shoulders. The band did a great job, keeping the crowd on the dance floor, and mixing up the music styles. The "Monarch Band," it was . Cindi and I danced together all evening, until the music ended, at 12:30. We had a great time. The new hoochie boots did not hurt my feet. They were very comfortable, in fact. No dirty looks last night, either. A few double takes, but that was the first time I had worn such an extreme style at the singles dance. I think the singles dance crowd is getting accustomed to seeing me in high heeled boots. Even hoochie boots.

It all began innocently enough. Yesterday, Cindi and I met at 12 noon. We had reservations to attend a financial investing seminar at the Minneapolis Airport Hilton Hotel. The program turned out to be a high pressure sales pitch for expensive "Teach Me to Trade" investing classes. Anyway, Cindi wore her stiletto boots, and I was quite conservative in 3" black leather wedge boots by Apt. 9. We did not sign up for the expensive class program. I was very skeptical. What next? Shoe shopping. What else? Back to the Mall of Amereica and Nine West. There was a pair of Nine West ankle wedge boots, that I had been admiring. Very narrow heel section, on the wedge. Cindi was complaining that we did not need more shoes, and I almost had to drag her into Mall of America. At Nine west, the sales associate greeted us. "Are you two back again?" Inside the store though, Cindi fell in love with a beautiful pair of strappy black suede slingback stilettos. She agonized over the purchasing decision. Then the sales associate told us the shoes were half price. Cindi bought them. I tried on the wedge boots, and also some pointy toe stilettos, with pencil thin heels, trying each style in both 9 and 9 1/2. Cindi said I had too many black boots. The young sales associate asked if my 200 pairs of shoes was not enough. They were ganging up on me. Then Cindi spotted a pair of chocolate brown leather mid-calf boots, that she said would go well with my brown Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. The boots had 4" semi-stiletto heels. Again, I tried both size 9 and 9 1/2. The 9 fit like a glove. So I bought them, on sale of course. By that time, Cindi and I had covered the floor of the Nine West store with boots and shoes, shoe boxes and covers, packing material and that tissue stuffed inside the toes. I figured the wiseacre sales associate could pick it up After that, we went to drinks and dinner at Chez Danial restaurant. For dinner, I changed into black leather 4" stiletto boots. We had a delicious and leisurely dinner, before I brought Cindi back to the Hilton to retrieve her car. The weather had turned frightfully cold, and, of course, Cindi's car was totally dead at 10 P.M. She suggested we take a room at the Hilton and call AAA in the morning to tow her car in to the repair shop. Naturally, the Hilton was full, as were all of the other hotels in the area. Finally, the desk clerk found us a room at the Staybridge Hotel, some distance away. We stopped at Wal Mart to obtain a few supplies for the overnight, and on to the Staybridge, where we checked in. As luck would have it, the room had only one bed, and we were forced to double up. After a long day, we brushed our teeth and retired. I was exhausted. In the morning, we had an early breakfast, but did not check out until noon. Then, off to lunch, and some sightseeing. When I brought Cindi back to her car at the Hilton, it mysteriously started. The whole dead car disaster may have been a ruse, a means she employed to get lucky with me. What do you think?

I've seen vehicles do that before. So who knows. Anyway, sounds like the two of you had a good time, so what does it matter.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Cindi and I had an all day excursion today. After meeting at the Roseville, MN Perkins Restaurant for breakfast, we made off for the huge outlet center in Albertville. Dozens and dozens of stores. We looked for shoes and boots, but found nothing interesting. At the London Fog store, though, I found a beautiful Pacific Trail leather jacket, that Cindi just loved on me. It was originally $350.00, but on sale for almost 80% discount. So no new shoes or boots for either of us, but I have a new leather jacket. Cindi is choosing my new wardrobe, and it is working out well. When she is finished with me, Cindi says, I will look like a celebrity. Next weekend, we will be dancing in heels again at an event in Fridley, MN. Cindi thinks I should wear my new brown, Nine West, mid calf boots with 4" heels and my brown jeans. Today, we reserved a motel room near the dance venue. I am looking forward to the event. No negative comments recently about my heels. I have been heeling all over town, in the Twin Cities. At stores, bars, hotels, and restaurants, reaction has been minimal, although today, a sales lady at a large furniture store complimented my boots. It seems like people are becoming more accepting of men in heels.