Buying Heels at the Mall

Magickman

On Sunday, I convinced my woman to accompany me to Maplewood Mall, a large suburban, St. Paul, Minnesota, shopping center. Shoes were on my mind. A half price promotion on shoes and boots was underway at the Kohl's department store. I picked a pair of Croft and Barrow leather ankle boots with medium shank 3" heels. I wanted to buy a pair of the same style for my woman, but she thought they looked better on me than on her. Then she announced that I should get some natural suede boots, and she spotted a pair of suede knee boots with a 3 1/2" wedge heels. She really liked these, but again, on me and not her. Because she liked the wedge heel boots so much, I bought those as well. So my boot shopping trip with my woman in tow, resulted in two more pairs to add to my collection. Then my woman said we had to find some jeans for me, to go with the suede boots. At Sears, she chose a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt size 12 stretch jeans for me, and darn if the color does not complement my suede boots very nicely. She wants me properly accessorized. OK by me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magickman:-) Congrats on your new purchases. There is nothing like having a good woman with you when shopping to tell you what looks good on you and what doesn't. I know as Mickey and I shop together all the time. Sometimes for her, sometimes for me, and sometimes for us both. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Magickman, that's quite a woman you got yourself there. Hold on tight to her, but don't smother her. Sounds like your having the time of your life, and all because of heels and a woman that likes you in them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

How about this!

I just received an e-mail from my woman:

Subject: Show'em your heels

Gotta show you off in your new boots and jeans somewhere. Do you think

you will

wear them on the train? SMOOOOOOCH.

====================================

We will be taking a ride this Sunday on a scenic excursion train in the St. Croix Valley. And she has requested that I wear my new wedge heel suede knee boots and Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. I'm gonna do it.

By all means, please let us know how your outing wearing your jeans and boots went. And, if you got any unusual reaction from others on the train with you.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

having smaller feet just means that there are more styles available to us, not that we are better equipped to wear our heels in public. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Magickman:-) Boy, have you got a one-in-a-million woman there. Don't let this one get away...she has just given you carte blanche. Go to it and let us all know any remarks on the train. Any chance of some pics in your boots and jeans? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Early Sunday morning, I bathed, shaved and dressed, donning my new stretch jeans and knee high suede wedge heel boots. My woman was prompt, to take us to the train station, in Osceola, Wisconsin. We arrived plenty early, to be sure tickets were available. After I bought the tickets, she took me out for breakfast, before our train departed. The excursion train was old coaches, all over 50 years age, pulled by a diesel-electric locomotive. We were seated in an ancient triple combine car. It was 82 feet long, divided into three sections-- railway post office (RPO), baggage and railway express section, and a small 20 passenger coach seating area. The scenery was delightful; riverfront and forest, with beautiful fall leaf colors, and we crossed an old iron swing bridge over the river. I toured the moving train, walking from car to car. Lots of families and kids and some senior citizens. Nobody much noticed my boots, or said anything, even though they were worn outside my jeans. Some concentration was required for walking in my boots on the swaying train. After the train ride, we drove down to Red Wing, Minnesota, for dinner, and then back into Wisconsin for a long country ride, culminating in a visit to a roadside "joint" for drinks as our local Minnesota pro football team being trounced by Atlanta on the TV. It turned out to be a biker bar, but none of the Harley dudes took note of my boots, although my blue chrome tinted fingernails got a few glances. There was a menacing looking alpha male at the end of the bar, wearing a red "Crime, Inc." T shirt, but he was busy with his friends and his girl. I even won a small wager on the game. All in all, it was a great day for a train ride and some bi-state street heeling.

Magickman:-) Mickey and I over the years have experienced train rides such as you described. It sounds like both you and your girl had a very fun day. Now, being the railroad nut that I am, and if that train was being pulled by a restored steam engine...Mickey would be riding the coach while I would be riding the loco cab and pulling the bell cord at the crossings. Yep...your right...I have done that before. There is nothing like an excursion train ride through the changing countryside on a warm Fall day. That sure brings back a lot of old memories for Mickey and myself. Thanks for sharing with us all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Glad to hear that Wisconsin, and Minnesota seem to be tolerant of a guy in boots. My bet is you could have worn thigh boots with stilettos and not gotten too much of a reaction on the train. The biker bar may have been a different story. Sounds like you had a great time. Let us know about further outings and you might even give thigh boots a try.

DawnHH – I thought Magickman’s adventure would toot your whistle. ;)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

BobHH asked,

"Is Red Wing, MN the home of Red Wing work shoes/boots?"

=======================================

Yes, it is. And not only the home, but also the site of their manufacturing. Red Wing shoes and boots are actually American made, right there in Red Wing.

Throughout the town of Red Wing are giant fiberglass boots, in various paint schemes. Red Wing takes great civic pride in their home town shoe company, which is a major employer.

Next weekend, my woman and I are planning to go dancing in heels. Boogie Wonderland, a hot Minneapolis-St. Paul 70s and 80s disco band will be playing at a large suburban nightclub. We will both be wearing our stilettos for an evening of disco dancing, although my woman has warned me that if I spin her into dizziness, she might just tip over on the dance floor. I can't let that happen, as I want to keep her upright until later in the evening.

Sounds like things are going great for the two of you, Magickman. Keep those inspiring stories coming.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Magickman:-) It sounds like your up and coming event will be great for you and your gal. By all means...keep her up-right for later activities. And keep the stories coming. Very interesting. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday night, my woman Cindi and I needed to get out to hear some live music. Cindi likes the drive from Minnesota to Wisconsin, so that is where we went. Our particular destination was Wendy Lou's, a bar and restaurant in Dresser, WI. Actually, we picked Wendy Lou's because their outdoor sign promised a Rhythm and Blues band. We had dressed for a night on the town, both of us in nice clothes, black high heel knee boots, and earrings. I had my blue nails, too. The entertainment was a little late getting started, but the band was great. It was the Rae Singer Band, a Twin Cities area quintet, fronted by the silver throated Rae Singer on vocals, backed with guitar, bass, keyboards, and drums. The band was hot and tight, and boy, can that Rae Singer sing. Cindi and I loved the music. The music was big, thumping rhythm, and I wanted to dance, but poor Cindi had a sore foot. Another time for that. I wasn't sure quite what to expect from the denizens of this small Western Wisconsin town, respecting my unconventional appearance. Two dudes in the bar called me out about the five earrings in each ear, but they were cool, when I explained that we were from Minnesota. Nobody said a word about my 4 1/2 inch heelboots or my strikingly blue fingernails. Despite this being the evening of a narrow Big Ten college football victory by Wisconsin over Minnesota, the mood at Wendy Lou's was quiet and subdued, almost somber. The band was pulling teeth to get these Cheeseheads to dance. But it was a wonderful time for Cindi and me, and great heeling for us both.

Sounds like you had another great time Magickman. I sure hope Cindi's foot pain hasn't been caused by heel wearing. If so, maybe she should take a break. Listening to ones feet will help ensure a long life of heeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Cindi said, "I am beginning to appreciate a need for elevation! We went to an early Halloween party, both in knee high heel boots, at the Brookside Bar and Grill, in Marine-on-St. Croix, MN. Cindi was Leopard Girl, in leopard skin boots, and I was Jake the Pirate, in knee high heels, sword in my belt. We fit in perfectly with the costumed crowd. Cindi even sang two songs of Karoke. But I knew better. She is getting into the high heel spirit, putting her flats aside for party events. The costumes were great at this party, and we will be doing it again this weekend at another event. I may opt for stilettos this time. The weather has been wonderful in Minnesota this October, and I think Cindi and I will have a bonfire this weekend. Then it will be time to close the cabin, before the snow flies.

• 2 weeks later...

This last saturday afternoon, Cindi and I had the urge to go shopping. We headed out to Rosedale, a large, regional shopping mall in suburban Minneapolis--St. Paul, Minnesota. We started out at J.C. Penny, then on to Kohl's, and finally Famous Footwear. I came home empty handed, but Sweet Cindi bought three pairs of boots (two pairs with high heels), a winter coat, and a new purse... all for half price! We ate lunch in a mall restaurant, and returned home. By then it was time to get ready for our evening out in heels. Scrubbed, combed, dressed, polished, and shod, we were all set to go. With her new high heel boots, ("Topshop" black ankle boots by Connie) Cindi and I were in identical boots, and both dressed all in black. We made the run to Wendy Lou's in Dresser, Wisconsin, but the entertainment was a four piece blues band, with a loud and hard edged sound. We stayed for one set, and then Cindi was ready to move on. Next stop was the Woodhill Lounge, in nearby Osceola. This was much more to Cindi's liking. There was a large and boistrous crowd and a very friendly atmosphere. Shortly after we arrived , the co-owner welcomed us, and urged us to partake in the free hors d'oeuvres. A DJ was playing dance music. While I was off fetching free food, Cindi overheard two old gentlemen conversing, "Didja see the earrings on that guy? And he had shoes THIS HIGH." Then another woman asked Cindi to dance. When Cindi went to the washroom, the same woman asked me to dance as well. While I was dancing with this mystery woman, she advised me to get Cindi on the Dance floor, and shake my ass, if I wanted to get lucky that night. Well, I did, I did, and I did. And further, I was glad that I did.

I must say Magickman, your post make for great reading, although I'm still a little confused by the motives of the mystery woman.