New Wedges

wheels

I don't normally like wedges but they're nice.

Same here, in addition they look like they are very easy to walk in.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

With me, the jury is still out on wedges, but I have been toying with the idea of MAYBE trying a pair. I have been looking at a few pairs, but haven't decided to move on any yet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I Like wedges, too. Those, however, are just a little to "girly" for me to wear out in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm not one for wedges either (too many nightmares about those horrid espadrilles from the 70's), but those shoes are charming. may you wear them well, wheels! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have several pair of wedge style shoes. One isa pair of black slides with a thick 1" platform and a 4" wedge heel that I wear around the house and yard in hot weather with a T-shirt and shorts. Another pair are plain black leather pumps with a 4" wedge heel that I wear with "Dockers" or jeans in cooler weather. The third pair, a pair of black "Donald Pliner" wedge heels about 3½" high (like these) that I wear everywhere with jeans.

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

But wedges almost if not always do not come in large sizes, such as USW 13 or more. Sunset Strip, which makes almost all their shoes up to 14, makes wedges only up to 10. Foo :wink:

Well I got along to New Look and bought Mrs. F a pair (in black) - on the basis that it's better to give than to receive, and I'll get a lot of pleasure seeing her wear them. Fortunately she was delighted with them - certainly more delighted than had I bought myself another pair - and they look stunning on her. Not much more I can say apart from thank you Wheels for your post and picture.

Wheels, I love wedges and I love yours. I think that they create such a fresh summery feminine image. I have looked at wedge boots on next.co.uk - they have a really nice pair, but they wont be wide enough to compensate for them being too small. I wish I wish I wish. Lucky

But wedges almost if not always do not come in large sizes, such as USW 13 or more. Sunset Strip, which makes almost all their shoes up to 14, makes wedges only up to 10. Foo :wink:

Hi Bob,

do you know http://www.shoesusa.com ? A lot of cork wedges and zoccoli up to size 14. You have to click on "large sizes". I was already pondering about ordering from this company but the charges for a shipment to Europa are extremely high :lol:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I've rather neglected wedges till more recent times, as suggested they do have their advantages giving slightly less 'heel flash' while walking. Those Pliners are particularly good Bubba; they have an American feel to the style, not quite seen like that over here. A few attempts to get some on eBay passed or didn't work out for a mix of reasons though I do have a few now, most being at the modest end of the spectrum. I was in Peacocks today trying to get some extra long trousers in brown and biege - time to broaden out from black - and this thread had me nosing round the shoe racks. I found a neat loafer style wedge in their Evie brand, It's nearly 3" (and rubber) and looks ok from the side but it's quite tapered inwards from the rear view. Length is fine but fit is pretty close especially in this warm weather. I also found an old worn real leather 'Next' pair for a mere pound off eBay but those are rather large. The Next web site is quite interesting as they have 42s and 43s in much of their range with a few done in both wide and medium fittings. The few 42s I've seen off eBay have usually been generous for an 8. The range is a bit safe/limited and 7cm or 8cm heels are the norm. The trouble with chains like Next and New Look is the shoe departements are pretty small and stuck right at the back of the shop so you have to run the gauntlet all the way through the store. Peacocks doesn't seem so bad, perhaps it's because they are rather cramped, chaotic and blissfully don't do 'customer service' - just security to stop you nicking the stuff!!! :wink: I feel an evening stroll coming on.... :lol: /I

/I

• 2 years later...

I would suggest that you shave the hair or wear dark stockings. The macho foot and the femme sandals clash.

Just my opinion. Anyone else agree?

GWL

Could be he is like me. Not trying to look like a woman, just enjoying the feel of the heels.