Lunchtime shopping

Fog

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those boots are some realy beauties, fogborkenvv! ..... Are those the boots you will wear to the meet?

Thank you - they are lovely - unfortunately they'll need a little time with the stretcher, the toe is a bit low, ok width wise.

Fog: Gotta agree wholeheartedly with Kneehighs and Dawn. They are super, just wish I could get similar in 10UK. Enjoy. Actually I am glad you posted once more in this thread as it is one fo the more enjoyable threads to read. Lets have some more contributions about lunchtime shopping trips from all. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I enjoy shopping around "lunch time" as it were IN my boots! :D (any one of the pairs that I now have that is) & @ the local Mall (THE SHOPS @ MISSION VIEJO, formally known as the MISSION VIEJO MALL, which was known as before the huge remodeling that took place about 4 years ago-i love to stroll around the mall(s) in any of my boots as I feel that it is THE place to be SEEN :cry: in my boots (& my leathers as well) & I may go to the movies (if time allows) in my newest boots (DEMONIA MONET-610) with my long black pants long grey tee-shirt, my new black leather shirt/jacket that I got from KOHLS which is a kind of "different" design you might say. by the way, why dont you guys tell me (the board that is I guess) about what kind of insoles supports you like in your heeled boots/shoes? I'd love to know what would be recommended by you as I've gone thru @ one kind that nothing but a piece of crap (you all know what I mean by this) & starts to rip apart in your footwear AFTER you spend the time trying to trim it to your own size!! :x

Excellent pair of leathers, fogborkenvv! Wish I had a pair - definately have some heels, but comfortable enough for all-day wear and tastefully styled, too. As for sole support, there are a lot of options. Which you choose depends upon your needs. Hot spots? Is is sore from pressure? Where - the ball of your foot or the heel? One thing to consider is that thicker not usually better due to the limited toe box construction in most footwear designed for women. The one I had the most success with are the ones built in to my Gabriella Rocha boots with the 4" heel. Yeah, my foot's angled, but I can walk all day in them, and in fact I pretty much live in them, even falling to sleep with them on while reading! The most comfortable ones I've tried are the Dr. Scholl's Gel Ball of Foot inserts. One problem with them, though, is that they don't stay put. What I'd like to see is a full-foot orthotic that's paper-thin but very rigid (less likely to fold up/under) except where you actually need it. And while we're at it, how about the ability to create digital, personalized lasts tailored for a variety of situations... Gain 20 lbs? No problem, the Compu-last knows just how to compensate! Electronically adjusted for heel height, too, offering first and foremost maximum comfort! Then, the shoe can always include addition material (hard foam?) to adjust for style. Waitaminute! This sounds like a repeat post... :D

Fog:

Gotta agree wholeheartedly with Kneehighs and Dawn. They are super, just wish I could get similar in 10UK. Enjoy.

Actually I am glad you posted once more in this thread as it is one fo the more enjoyable threads to read. Lets have some more contributions about lunchtime shopping trips from all.

TB2

Thank you. Everyone here's so kind. As Kneehighs often reminds us don't get carried away by the approval we get here.

It took me a while to find the thread and since it was a lunch time trip I thought here would be a good place to post. When I put the first post here, I'd been on a very extended lunch after a short trip out to look at a bus stop or something. There's something quite fun about taking a too long lunch wearing heels and then sneaking back into the office.

DR1819:

The problem is that the toe box isn't high enough so the tops of my toes rub. I'm sure it's not insurmountable. Anyone got any ideas?

If they're real leather, try wearing them around the house for a while in a pair of sweaty cotton socks. The moisture/oils in your sweat (intended to moisturize your skin) work very well on leather (skin...). Cotton because they're actually comfortable when both wet and in an environment of pressure. It's how I've broken in several tight boots and it works wonders. Just don't wear them to the point of pain! Discomfort, ok, but beyond that switch and hit it again another day. It takes leather several wearings (at least 20 I'd say) to break in. By comparison, if synthetics hurt now, they'll probably hurt 300 wearings from now.

When I showed Mrs F my boots she was impressed. She'd been out - leaving me to the joys of my computer - and trying on a few outfits and taking photos - mainly of the new boots, and trying to decide what wear for the heelmeet. When she returned I was wearing them -

Posted Image

Her reaction was precious. I'm so jealous she said you have such lovely boots - why can't I have boots like you have. I think she wanted the Carvella bag as much as the boots. I tried to explain that to get boots you have to go shopping - and that unless they were very cheap I wasn't often going to risk buying things that she didn't like or wouldn't fit her. Anyway good man as I am I put things right! She was on a course today so we decided to go shopping, I'd noticed a pair of slouchy boots in her size in the Army & Navy sale for £19 down from £120.

Posted Image

I thought she'd like them so I went there lunchtime and asked the staff to put them away for me. I bumped into a colleague of mine there, whilst I was walking around with the boot in my hand. What are you doing here she said - I'm shopping for Mrs. F (Not that I refer to Mrs F as Mrs F in work) - I've found these for her and I'm getting them to put them away until after. Oh they're lovely she said - very soft. I left her, possibly wondering why I was browsing in the ladies shoe departmet. When we met there was plenty there for her to look at - but she bought the ones I picked out for her - which look lovely on her. It was a really fun shopping time, we got the boots and she said - I've got a Carvella bag too.

I'll try to post a picture of her wearing them soon. They looked really good with the gypsy skirt she was wearing.

What nice boots but I really like the picture of the brown ones, love to have some like that myself! Well on the subject of lunchtime shopping I think it's time to go shopping (well its mid afternoon shopping really). Shall I wear my D.M's or my 4 inch wedge ankle boots recently donated from Anne? Comfort or pleasure? Trickey! Nice to be a member now! (1st post so far)

Anne & John, welcome to the board and thank you. They are my favourite boots - and Mrs F is right to be jealous. She doesn't put the time in that I do trawling shoe shops. She gets bored with shopping and consequently doesn't get the bargains! Thighboots2 - I like your avatar shot - are they yours? I saw somthing similar in the Army & Navy sale, unfortunately you can't buy everything. The colleague from the office - actually she sits next to me said - did you get those boots for Mrs F in the end? And further comments about how nice they were. The question as to why I was trawling the ladies shoe sale was in her mind - I could see it on her face, but we didn't go there.

Anne and John -

Welcome to the forum. From your comments so far we can tell you have nice taste in boots (as does fogborkenvv). How about starting a thread and telling us a little more about yourselves.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Fog,

Yes they are mine, or were as they are now history having sucumbed to excessive toe wear. They have been replaced now with these from NEXT

Posted Image

Normally during the working day I wear either of the following:-

Posted ImagePosted Image

Last Friday (28th) I went shopping in the boots above (not the stiletto ones) to a NEXT Clearance outlet, and picked up these 50's style courts for £10

Posted ImagePosted Image

There is an identical pair on eBAY ATM so I pinched the pics from there.

So onto the supermarket to break 'em in a bit. The heel is 16mm x 16mm so more stable that a stiletto but still feels nice compared to the boot heel. The tip is hard plastic (not rubber) to very noisy but without the metalic click. Anyway with all the women clicking round the store, I could hardly distinguish my own footsteps, but it still felt great. Once they are properly broken in, I can see these becoming worn daily over the coming summer months when boots are just too hot.

I have been wearing heels, either my boots above or the 3.25" loafers every day now since early October. Feels strange when I don't wear heels now.

TB2

(Edited to get the detail correct!!!)

Well thighboots2, you are sort of right that I plumped for the 4 inch wedges! As a outdoor part-timer of wearing heels I started off in them and looked arround a few shops. But I'm not keen when there is groups of young lads about, and my next highest boots have a 3 1/2 inch heel which are also not worn outdoors to often. I normally wear a pair with a 2 or a 2 1/2 inch heel and when i'm on my own I walk quite fast so the 4 inch heels where quite difficult (but not to uncomfortable if you see what I mean).So I soon went to the car and put on a pair of Knee length boots with a 2 inch heel which I think look very cool with jeans over the top. That's done it now! When anne reads this i'm going to get it about not being any good walking in heels! Will love to post some pic's sometime but at 11.30pm I've got other plans! :sleeping: ?

TB2 - that's a coincidence - they are the same shoes that I wrote about in my first post in this thread. What size do you take and do you find next sizing a bit small. Mine are very snug!

Fog,

I take a size 9-10UK. Yes I do find Next sizing snug and sometimes they are just too small.

Having re read my post & remembering that at the time of posting, I kept loosing my connection and so had to write the post three times, I made a mistake, so I have edited and corrected the post with what I meant to type in the first instance.

A&J Tee Hee, hope you don't get too much ribbing. I do appreciate where your comming from though.

TB2

Hello, TB2 - I like you avatar, too. So much so that I'm going to change from my chunk heels... ...into my stiletto-heeled pumps (the only pair of stilettos I own). Not very practical, but they are cute.

Fog

Just re-read your original post that started this thread off. I too found the Next Jeans you talk about with the pinstrip. I got mine in Bootfit and they are also a low-rise fit. These work well with my normal ankle boots and heeled loafers, so I though that today I would try them out with the courts I got on Friday. Perfect. I will get the camera out and take a pic in the mirror to post. But for now, Courts and I are off to the supermarket to do a little shopping at lunchtime. :D

TB2

Fog

Here are some shots taken today of both the Next 50s style courts and the Next pinstripe bootflare jeans.

Posted Image

This is how I normally wear trousers and heels, sometimes a little longer, depends on where the trousers are sitting at the time, but this is quite normal.

Posted Image

This is showing a little more heel and is typical of what I see in a shop window as I walk past.

Finally,

Posted Image

Showing the whole shoe.

So went out in these this lunchtime. Went into M&S to change some tops for my mum then into Sainsbury's to get a sandwich. Nice stroll up and down the high street of about 1/2 mile and then back to work.

As I said before, I do like the thicker heel, tends not to slip down the cracks in the pavement. :D So you dont need to keep one eye out so much as to where you are treading. Also the toe is a nice round shape that does not draw attention compared to the pointy toe. Very happy with these and have enjoyed wearing them all day at work today.

So I guess that is the combo you spoke about in the first post of this thread.

Happy Heeling

TB2

Fog

So I guess that is the combo you spoke about in the first post of this thread.

TB2

That's it, good photos. It's hard to know what others see when you're walking though. Most people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice though.

TB2:-) What kind of work do you do that allows you to wear shoes like that all day long at your job? What are the comments made from your co-workers on your wearing heels on the job? Just curious! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn

Work in an office and factory. Apart from the MDs secretary who noticed back last October (when I started wearing heels full time at work) and her reaction, surprise surprise, was positive, no one has said anything. Maybe the fact of my heeling has been noticed, but no one has the bottle to say anything may be a factor. So I can happily indulge myself.

Really my heels at work are quite chunky and the toebox is a unisex look, that's why I like the new 50s style shoes as the toebox is unisex in look. I guess as the current fashion trend in the UK is for trousers (pants) to be worn long over the shoe to the ground, the heel is almost totally hidden and that is why I guess there are no raised eyebrows or knowing smiles. Now if I donned a nice calf length wrap-round skirt, hose and heels (very comfortable to wear) then there would be something said. :D

Lucky me - well I don't think so. I have just followed the lead of others in the forum and proved their point. Yes the cigar heels are pushing the boundary but with the current trouser style, why not take advantage and enjoy.

TB2

Dawn

Certainly on my way, and not looking back. Come on guys, its so much easier than you think.

Not exactly "Lunchtime Shopping", but just won these on eBAY

Posted Image

Again they are from Next originally. A deleted line. 4" slender heel, a little bigger than the 50's style court heels (18x20 as opposed to 16x16). Super comfy. They arrived at lunchtine today and I am wearing them for the rest of the day to get them sorted, then they will go away until the autumn as the weather is warming up here in the UK ATM

I don't think the term "cigar heels" is appropriate. I googled it - nothing. Nor have I heard, read, or seen it anywhere, in any magazine, online article, fashion forum - nothing, zip, nada. Some of us are very turned off by any reference to smoking, and I, for one, would rather not see a passion of mine coupled with a serious turn-off. Call it a pavlovian response, but there you have it. Consider using a more commonly-used term. If a heel is thicker than a stiletto, but narrower than a block, it's generally referred to as a blade (if it's thin), a taper (if it, well, tapers), or just a heel (if it's straight and thicker than one's thumb). Some other types include the kitten heel (short stiletto), tapered, block, wedge, goth, and granny.

dr1819

I have heard the term used before to describe heels, as well as cigarette for the thin straight heels. The terms do describe them well. I was at a loss as to what term to use as those you suggest dont really fit. So I guess I should just refer to them as either an Early 50's style heel as http://www.fashion-era.com/1950s-glamour.htm say "Early 1950's shoes were often very high, but with rounded or peep toes and low cut front uppers".

I'll bear your comment in mind for future reference as I would not like to upset anyone on our board.

Anyway, the problem is not with Cigars per sei (fresh out of the box they have a lovely smell, just like new leather), rather the act of setting fire to them is the problem. :D

TB2

Manufacturers have standardized on a set of heel definitions as follows:

Cuban - blocky with an angled rear

Spanish - like a cuban but more slender, may be slightly curved and with a smaller top piece

Louis - curvacious and slender, splayed at the base

goth - louis heels with an exaggerated splay

stiletto - fairly straight and very slender with a very small top piece

wedge - well, wedge-shaped

stacked - more of construction rather than shape. Originally made by stacking highly-compressed and laquered leather layers

block - well, block!

blade - thick when looked at one way, thin the other.

By the way, the "top piece" is simply the bottom of the heel which rests on the ground. Sounds backwards, but remember that heels are made upside down. :D

Thus, the heels you're referring to are probably Spanish, which are thick, but not very curved at all, somewhere in the middle third between a stiletto and a block.

Resource: http://podiatry.curtin.edu.au/shoeglos/content.html