Lunchtime shopping

Fog

TB2:-) Being that I'm a boot fan, I really like that pair of boots and the heel looks perfect for streetheeling to me. Go for it and let us know the public reactions and comments. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dawn,

Certainly the boots are very comfortable and are easing to my shape where necessary. Getting warm here in the UK now, so long boots are not really the thing to be wearing :D but what the heck.

Here is a couple of pics of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

dr1819

I agree, the two go together very well indeed.

Today is hot, well for the UK its hot, 24C (76F) and sunny. Decided it was too hot to wear my boots any longer and as I was walking to the shops lunchtime, I changed into my 50s courts (see previous). Well by the time I got to the shops, about a mile away from work, I felt the blister forming. Well nothing I could do about it there and then but continue what I was doing and come back to work. Back at my desk to see a nice big blister (drained) and smarting like heck. Applied a plaster to relieve the rubbing, but cant wear either boots or courts back home tonight :D Just as well I have my heeled loafers with me which are a sloppyish fit and so dont press on the area.

Strange it hadn't happened before, but I guess it is the hot day.

TB2

TB2, It's certainly a nice day in London for not working. Those are good looking boots too. I didn't think there was a Next Clearance anywhere near us - or did you get them in another part of the country.

at9

The nearest NExt Clarance outlet is at Braintree. The railway station is conveniently located to the shopping centre, and its easily accessed from the A120 which has now been upgraded to dual carriageway between Braintree and Stansted. Easy to get to.

TB2

Ouch!! Plenthy of TLC and comfy shoes. Perhaps someone should start a picture thread - blisters and the shoes that caused it. On second thoughts perhaps not. Seriously though, a mile in those Next courts would give me blisters. TB2 - I like the boots - and of course, good pair of trousers!

• 4 weeks later...

It's been nearly a fortnight since I went out in heels and I was starting to feel the need so I thought I'd give these a try.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of the first pairs I bought - for a fiver in Strutton Ground Market. Quite comfy - but a bit of a hassle to put on. I've never worn them out because I thought they looked a bit feminine and notceable, but I had no reaction wearing them in Oxford street or on the way to the station - apart from a young lad in a car stopped at traffic lights. His jaw dropped like a cartoon character. I put them on on the circle line platform at Westminster tube station. I was up the far end and a train going the other way pulled in - the tube driver (male) noticed me doing up the laces, he smiled and gave me a wink :roll: & I reciprocated - it would be rude not to. That gave my confidence a little boost and I was sorry that the heels were so silent walking through the interchange there. I was a little surprised at the lack of reaction, but they co-ordinated well with the blue cords. A fun trip out and needless to say I was sad to take them off. The heels seemd to take a battering, perhaps I should get metal tips!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a habitual heel wearer, there are too many things like the feelings of my partner to prevent me thinking about coming out fully at work - instead I like taking little risks - enough of that though. I don't know how you feel about it, but after about a week I really feel the need to wear heels in public. Today I had a meeting in Grays - the town, seems a million miles from Lakeside. There are a lot of shoe shops that smell of plastic! I had a wander round and in New Look spotted a pair of pu boots with a turned over top. After a bit more shopping I went back and bought them, they were only £10 on sale down from £35. I just wanted to be wearing heels so badly that I had to. I wore them on the train back to London and on the walk from Fenchurch St to Bank. I had a few concerned looks, something you don't get in other parts of London. I suppose they're all uptight suits! I did receive a nice comment on my boots from a charity collector "that's a very dashing pair of boots" obviously looked better than £10 pu boots. After work I put them back on and walked back along Victoria St to the station, had a drink in a bar there and also had a few looks, more smiles this time! :roll: great fun

Cool boots, fogborkenvv! If the uppers have been weatherproofed, those look like they be good bad weather heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.