Black Patent: The Guilty Pleasure

JeffB

I don't know if this topic's been covered previously, if so, forgive me for going over old material. In any event, I'm not ashamed to admit that I LOVE wearing black patent pumps like these, the 5990's from Sexy Shoes:

Posted Image

I may have read elsewhere that some of you don't like patent because it looks cheap or the image of such shoes are irrevrsably connected to streetwalkers. Perhaps that's the case, but I can't help loving shoes like these. I think black patent is incredibly dressy and stylish, either for daytime or nighttime wear. And, it doesn't hurt that co-workers say I look sharp in them. And I feel classy when I wear them.

As for other patent colors, well, I've worn red patent with no problem, but white might be pushing the envelope a wee bit far. So, if you're pro patent or con, how about letting your voice be ehard on this topic!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) Patentlicker:-) I have to agree with you both. I don't think there is any better looking or elegant looking shoe than a black patent pump with a tall stiletto heel. They are so rich and shiny and stylish to go anywhere with any outfit dressed down to jeans or dressed to the nines for the opera. I always felt that they were the best and most versatile pump ever. I never get tired of looking at them and I just love wearing them as you fellows do. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I like patent finishes alot! :D the reason why it is thought to be "cheap" is because most "Patent leather" these days is actually PVC - real Patent leather is VERY expensive - I'm guessing that the only manufaturers that would use REAL patent would be Leatherworks or LSB :P the only reasons I don't like Patent/PVC 1.) it doesn't breathe well, 2.) it cracks :P the "streetwalker" shoes would probably be the 6"-8.5" "Exotic dancer" plats that W6ISH (White 6 Inch Spike Heels), Myself, BobHH, Shockqueen, and a few other Members, like. They are "Awesome Fun" but they are a bit loud - both audibly and Visually! as for the "streetwalker" link I'm not worried as I haven't gone out in public yet! later, TXT-1

Well, I'm glad you folks agree with my opinions on black patent. It doesn't bother me that such shoes might call attention to me, I love wearing them too much to care what people might think. Black patent is such fun to wear, especially the 5990's like in the pic in my post above. Those pumps are just too sharp and sexy for words! I try to find a way to wear 'em at the office at least once every week! :P

hjt101: Great minds think alike! It was that gorgeously shiny finish that attracted me to black patent in the first place. I'll admit to be a tad nervous when I first wore patent in public, but in no time, I became comfortable wearing them and I haven't looked back since.

JeffB:-) The way I look at it, if the gals can wear black patent, why not the guys if they choose to do so. We were drawn to it for the same reason that the ladies were. If you can feel comfortable wearing black patent, go for it and enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Black pumps are a favorite of mine also. There is a great Yahoo group that some of you might not know about. It is called Black Patent Pumps. They had their 2000th member join over the weekend. The moderator is particular that only black patent pumps are posted, no slings, no mules, no slides....just pumps.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackPatentPumps/

Cheers,

Terry

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I'm with the majority of you, although I don't own a pair. I think that black patent pumps (or court shoes over here) look so smart, as long as they are not scuffed or dirty. One problem of the majority of them in pvc or pu is that the shine is not long lasting. I have a pair of black pu knee boots with stretch tops. When I bought them in August, they gleamed in the (Australian) sun, but after wearing them quite a lot, I see that they are showing crease marks, and the high gloss is beginning to retreat.

I don't know if this topic's been covered previously, if so, forgive me for going over old material. In any event, I'm not ashamed to admit that I LOVE wearing black patent pumps like these, the 5990's from Sexy Shoes:

Posted Image

I may have read elsewhere that some of you don't like patent because it looks cheap or the image of such shoes are irrevrsably connected to streetwalkers. Perhaps that's the case, but I can't help loving shoes like these. I think black patent is incredibly dressy and stylish, either for daytime or nighttime wear. And, it doesn't hurt that co-workers say I look sharp in them. And I feel classy when I wear them.

As for other patent colors, well, I've worn red patent with no problem, but white might be pushing the envelope a wee bit far. So, if you're pro patent or con, how about letting your voice be ehard on this topic!

Hi Jeff,

buy and wear them if you like them :P But pay attention because of the material. Synthetics like PU (polyurethane) or PVC (polyvinylchloride) are leading to sweating feet! The 5.5'' ankle boots on my avatar are made from real patent leather. I don't know the brand but they were manufactured in an excellent quality. They are made in UK and were quite expensive. But they are the money worth. No wobbling heels, comfortable to wear inspite of the heels height, no smelling feet and undestroyable metal tips. They belong to my favourite high heels.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Priscilla:-) Ah, but you see, the crease marks give the shoes or boots "CHARACTER" and shows that they are forming to the shape of your legs and feet and becoming less stiff and more comfortable to wear. I refer to them as "character marks". Cheers--- Dawn HH

Black pumps are a favorite of mine also. There is a great Yahoo group that some of you might not know about. It is called Black Patent Pumps. They had their 2000th member join over the weekend. The moderator is particular that only black patent pumps are posted, no slings, no mules, no slides....just pumps.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackPatentPumps/

Cheers,

Terry

Well, just when you've thought you've heard it all! Sounds cool! I might just have to swing by and investigate! Yeah, there's a certain allure to black pumps that's just plain irresistable!

Well, just when you've thought you've heard it all! Sounds cool! I might just have to swing by and investigate! Yeah, there's a certain allure to black pumps that's just plain irresistable!

If you have an interest, there's a webpage devoted to it. Doesn't matter what it is or how "off the beaten path", someone else has an interest and has posted a web page. Sometimes it's just plain scary. Other times it's only terrifying :P Hang on, that's how I found this place... hm....

There's a thread (current, don't recall which one) that shows some very, very nice red 5" pumps. Might even see if the wife will let me get them. Maybe even a pair for herself? There was a link to some very nice blue ones too. Only black, eh? Pity.

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd revisit this topic by letting everyone know about the latest pair of patent pumps I recently won via eBay:

Posted Image

Quite an interesting change of pace: black patent with red heels! The contrast of those two colors made those shoes totally irresistable to me, so I went ahead and grabbed a pair! Once I get my hands on 'em, pics of me in them at the office will follow!

:P

I ALSO GOT A PAIR JUST LIKE THAT, BLACK PATENT WITH RED HEELS. I ADDED A VERY CUTE RED BOW TO THE FRONT. THEY ARE GREAT HEELS, HOWEVER, THEY WERE FOR THE S/O. SHE LOOKS GREAT IN THEM....

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

Black and red has always been a favorite of mine. They look great Jeff.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Posted Image

That same style shoe also comes with blue heels as seen above. But, for some odd reason, they don't appeal to me quite as much as the patents with red heels. Maybe it's the exhibitionist in me which enjoys something that stands out more!

hmm. i like that black and blue. AND i have a little extra cash to spare? hmm

Hey! Why not? Go ahead and treat yourself! After all, your birthday is close at hand! Try this link and you'll find those pumps there:

http://sole2heel.com/ss03_Pump_2.html

Happy shopping!

JeffB:-) Those black patent shoes with the red heel will look good on you. You might pair them with a red shirt, black pants and suntan pantyhose. Or how about a black shirt, red pants and suntan pantyhose? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hey! Why not? Go ahead and treat yourself! After all, your birthday is close at hand! Try this link and you'll find those pumps there:

http://sole2heel.com/ss03_Pump_2.html

Happy shopping!

hey jeff, if they're built for a man's foot as it says on the site... should i order in my mens size, or take it a size up?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Skirted-UK: I believe the largest size those shoes come in is 15 US which I think is 46 or 47 in Europe, I've never been very good at the metric system, so I'm not sure.

Dawn: Great minds think alike! I too have considered the red shirt/black pants/suntan pantyhose combo with those shoes. That would certainly make for the best possible outfit.

Danielle: One thing to consider here is those shoes are medium width. If you're used to wearing a wide width, you may want to consider going up by at least one, perhaps two sizes. Case in point: I normally wear a 13 wide in women's shoes, but for those pumps, I went up to 14. The extra size helped give me a good fit. Just something to consider.

Enjoy, everyone!

Dawn, don't you think red pants might be a bit over the line? Red, being the most eye catching color in the spectrum, just might call more attention to the way Jeff is dressed than he wants to get. Call me a little conservative, but while Jeff's suprvisors might go along with his dressing in his current unorthodox manner, I would think there is a point at which they might draw the line. And, while I think "pushing the envelope" is a good thing, the point where it begins to reflect on their professional judgement in maintaining good order and discipline in the workplace is not known at this time. However, without knowing the personalities of his supervisiors, that point just might be when Jeff appears in an smartly taylored women's business suite, skirt, blouse and jacket, and his high heels. But, then again, it just might be -- red pants!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Great shoes! Great price! Great problem! Its yet another American company that does not ship abroad :-( Come on wake up America, there is other life on the Planet!

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"