Coming out of the high-heel closet

rainbow6562004

Thanks, ASDF. :P Jeff: :P I do use a lamp on occasion, but taking photos in a small space, I'm always getting burned by accidentally touching the fixture, and I worry. also, whether the fabric of the skirts I wear will catch fire from the heat! In addition, I like how soft sunlight can make objects look. Rainbow

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, ASDF. :P

Jeff: :D I do use a lamp on occasion, but taking photos in a small space, I'm always getting burned by accidentally touching the fixture, and I worry. also, whether the fabric of the skirts I wear will catch fire from the heat!

In addition, I like how soft sunlight can make objects look.

Rainbow

Well, I suppose you could set the lamps at a distance and still have plenty of light from the wattage of those bulbs. Like I said, I'm no expert when it comes to photography!

:P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi, guys, :P

I've been experimenting with how different pants or skirts work with different shoes in different poses. Here are three results:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rainbow

PS. Jeff: my back has been bothering me for the last couple of days, so doing the gymnastics necessary to taking my photos of me and the off-black pantyhose will have to wait a while.

Nice pictures. I wonder, though, if the pair of white (or bone) color pumps isn't a bit small. From the pattern visable on the lether, your toes appear to be "schrunched" and I wonder if the shoes aren't a little short in the toe box and slightly uncomfortable?

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Rainbow6562004:-) I noticed that one pic as did Bubba, but I guess it might be the way the light reflects off of the leather from pic to pic since it doesn't always show up. Nice photos...keep up the good work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Rainbow: That combination of red(?) pants with those choices of shoes and hosiery looked quite good and matched very well. I especially liked how good the camel pumps looked with the pants. Bravo to you! :P

Maroon, eh? Well now, that's mighty interesting! If you don't mind my asking, are those men's or women's pants? In any event, regardless of the gender, those pants looked good on you in those photos. A top to match the camel pumps would make for a complete, and jazzy looking outfit! More power to you! :P

LOL, Jeff! If I had your body, I probably would experiment with dresses, blouses, etc., too, but I don't. From mid-thigh down, I look very good in women's clothing and shoes; above that, my beard would have to go, for starts. No way! Those maroon pants are a woman's. Thanks for saying you like their look; I agree. If I were slender, I, too, could imagine all kinds of mix-and-match combinations with them and other clothing. I'm perfectly satisfied dressing as a woman from my thighs down: I love the feel of a woman's skirt on me, how the material often seems to flow, how I can raise or lower its hem for a particular photo, without destroying the overall look. I'm blessed, too, with very good legs that look even better in pantyhose (thank you, Dawn!), so I can wear heels and a skirt and take wonderful photos. So, my friend, I can keep my beard AND look good from mid-thigh down! Rainbow :P PS. My muscle pull healed sufficiently that I went on a photo-rampage this morning! I wore three different red stiletto pumps; No-nonsense off-black pantyhose; and several different skirts. 216 shots of me in this revelry! Some of which have got to be terrific photos. Ready next week.

Hi, my friends, :P I want to thank you both for the unwavering support you've shown me. Thank you. Jeff, you were right-on with your suggestion to wear off-black pantyhose. Wow! Not only did they look so good, let me tell you the pantyhose are just wonderful to put on: it was a sensual adventure putting them on very slowly, after using the skin lotion you suggested, Dawn, so that they wouldn't tear. (One secret to minimize tearing, I discovered, is to put them on my feet a little bit at a time. Once at my ankles, I could inch-up the fabric upwards more quickly. After I got the hosiery on, it was a pleasure to look at my legs before I even put any shoes or skirt on! Only after beginning my photography expedition by putting on my favorite shoes (now), the Pierre Silber red pumps (wow, are they comfortable!), with this bright red skirt, did I really know that I had a spectacularly-winning combination already. The photos will be ready next week, and I'll post a couple. I think that you're going to like what you see. Rainbow :P

Hiya, Rainbow!

See? I told you that off-black pantyhose would make your legs look great! The dark, smoky appearance of off-black is downright sensual too, a double pleasure in my book!

You said your latest pics will be ready NEXT WEEK? Don't tell me you're still using film!?!?!?! FILM? Good heavens! How last century! I haven't bothered with film for years, I've been using a digital camera for all the pics I've posted. I snap 'em in the morning, then upload 'em on my computer to post that afternoon. Time to upgrade, my friend! Digital cameras are quite affordable, and easy to use these days. Give one a try and you'll see what I mean!

As for me, well, I stand 6-2 and weigh just over 200 pounds, so I'm slim for my height which explains why I look good in my pics. It's never occured to me to experiment with skirts or dresses, but then, I'm willing to try just about anything once. Who knows, I might look good in a skirt! Heh! I also keep myself clean shaven, a leftover from my two decades in the military! Double heh! Take care!

:P

Jeff, you are funny, as well as being a nice guy and a classy dresser. :P I tried a digital camera once: almost everything about using it... from the plethora of choices, the shutter-pause, the lack of heft and sturdiness, a very short time to compose the shot before the #$%^ thing shuts off!...bothered me. The cost per exposure, of course, is so much less than with a film camera; as well as the quickness of finding out what the results are; are certainly wonderful features. A few benefits of the manual 35mm SLR Yashica I use: the wonderful surprises of what I captured when I open the envelope with the prints a few days later; the feel of physical prints; the ease of use and intimate familiarity with my old friend, the Yashica. Only a few years ago I was convinced that computers were for young people, that the jargon was impossible to learn, etc. Well, here I am! Film is on the way out, to be sure. In time, I will buy something very good in a digital, like a Nikkon, and struggle my way to learning how to use it. I fell in love with Nikkons in the 60s when a friend took a first-class photo of a woman's face clear across a smoky, shadowed cafe, the light of her candle the only illumination. I've never been able to afford a Nikkon; now I can! Let's see: zoot suits, 78 rpm records, Elvis, Kodak film...sigh. All gone or on the way out. If only Bush were on the list. Rainbow

Rainbow6562004:-) I am delighted that Jeff and myself have been successful in introducing you to the joys of wearing pantyhose. You do have a great pair of legs for your age and the use of pantyhose can only enhance the total effect, and make your pics even more eluring. I'll bet that if you show those pics to anyone else that they will swear that the subject is a lady. Besides that, I'll bet that once you have your pantyhose on you really don't want to take them off because they feel so sensual. By taking 216 shots at one time would give you lots of great feelings and lots of time to really enjoy your pantyhose to no end. Just think, if you had not joined this Forum, you would be missing all of this and the added joy of being able to produce such lucious pics of your female alter-ego from the waist down. BTW...I'm always clean shaven daily also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

How fascinating, rainbow! I bought my digital camera about three years ago and was happily snapping away mere minutes after taking it out of the box with no problems at all. But then, I'm a major techo-geek who loves fancy gadgets (my favorite hangout is Best Buy), so figuring out digital cameras, along with computers and home theater equipment was easy for me. Another factor is that I've never really been a photography nut. I never had the patience to figure out the arcane mysteries of f-stops, shutter speeds and all that stuff with 35mm's. Had one years ago and disliked how large and bulky they were, never mind lugging around extra lenses and all that. Pocket sized point and shoots are more my speed, but then, 35mm digital cameras are on the market, so you could combine the two! Heh! Just a thought!

Thank you, Dawn, for a beautiful and well-written letter. :P You are right on with me wanting to stay in, and luxuriate in the sensuality of, those off-black pantyhose. Wow! Men are definitely short-changed when it comes to experiencing the delightful textures and gentleness of women's clothing, unless they do what we do. My favorite pair of shoes now has become the red Pierre Silber pumps, with four-inch heels. Not only do they look good on me, with a variety of other clothing, or barelegged; not only are they broken in so well now that I can put them on without first stretching them, and walk around my home comfortably with them; but my feet are wonderfully pampered and caressed by them. The only man's shoe that even comes close to the feel of these pumps is an old pair of boots that I wore for years and years. So, my friend, thank you, too, for urging me on to developing a taste for wearing pumps, along with learning how to put on pantyhose. :P Rainbow

Ah, if only I were one, too. If only I could force my brain to stay with reading the logic of How-tos. Cat on a hot-tin roof equals my attention span trying to follow technical instructions. I DO get there, though! LOL :P Rainbow

I was wondering what was going when I saw the name housepainter listed in the forum index. I thought things had gone crazy again.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Your confusing me to no end. First it was Rainbow, then Housepainter during the confusion, then back to Rainbow, and now Housepainter again. I liked Rainbow, but now I'm going to have to get used to Housepainter. See why I'm a bit confused? BTW...Thank you to your very nice reply to my letter. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, as the old saying goes, "what's in a name?" I'm sure it won't take long for folks here to get used to your new handle, Housepainter! :P

Rainbow, if I were to change my nic, I surely wouldn't have gone for something as complicated to type as "housepainter." If I were looking for something representing colors, I think I would have gone with "spectrum" or "palete." Housepainter is ---- sooooooo labor intensive. Highly suggests a lot of hard work. And all in summer heat and humidity. Mightly uncomfortable. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Oops! I meant to ask how do I close out the register on my two old names?

Painter

PS. Photos to follow shortly.

Why did you change your name? For me "Rainbow" was an excellent name. I don't like "Housepainter".

I would never abandon my nick name "micha". That's simply my ID in the internet. I could change my provider or my avatar but I would never change my nick name. For me it's simply a question of trust and reliability!

I were disappointed if I couldn't find "xaphod" under "xaphod" anymore. Or "dawn"now as "sunset" :P

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Man, the monster got me again! So much for spontaneity!

Jeff and Dawn and anyone else who's interested: :P

My debut wearing off-black pantyhose and pumps.

In the first image, I have on my trusty carmel-candy red stilettos from Pierre Silber, four-inch heels:

Posted Image

In the second, I'm wearing the red-with-black-trim, five-inch-heeled pumps from Sexy Shoes:

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Painter

Take a chance.