Coming out of the high-heel closet

rainbow6562004

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love being able to be comfortable in them,and I dont mean just wearing them.But the acceptance, it really feals good.Now Im going out in them more and more.Hoping for more good results.I am finding that when Im wering them my back doesnt hurt near as much because they really help my posture.Most of the time my back hurts because I have to work so hard to keep it straight.But with hh I naturally walk with a straight back and my feet are more comfortable.Thats the prime reason I really like them,plus pumps look so good.As soon as I can I will post a pic of me in my hh....KEEP HEELING GUYS...

Thanks for replying, Heelman,

I'm new to wearing heels, able to stand for only a few minutes in four-inch pumps before the balls of my feet start to feel as if they're burning.

I can only walk a short distance, too; that's it, for right now. I expect in time that I will adapt to the shift in muscle tensions, working my way ever upward, heel-heightwise.

I do have a pair of slingbacks from Payless, with a 2 1/2-inch heel that is so comfortable! I've already become used to this beginner's (?) heel height, which allows me to keep them on for hours and walk easily.

I look forward to seeing you in heels.

Rainbow :P

PS. I have a web site with photos of me wearing different kinds of shoes.

Kindly drop in, look around and sign my Guestbook.

http://www.geocities.com/rainbows_photo_gallery/newimages.html

PPS. Here is a photo of me in those red pumps, with four-inch heels:

Posted Image

The light brown on my legs is the last of my summer tan; I wear crew socks and shorts during the summer.

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

Thanks for replying, Heelman,

I'm new to wearing heels, able to stand for only a few minutes in four-inch pumps before the balls of my feet start to feel as if they're burning.

I can only walk a short distance, too; that's it, for right now. I expect in time that I will adapt to the shift in muscle tensions, working my way ever upward, heel-heightwise.

I do have a pair of slingbacks from Payless, with a 2 1/2-inch heel that is so comfortable! I've already become used to this beginner's (?) heel height, which allows me to keep them on for hours and walk easily.

We all had to start at the bottom rung as we learned how to wear heels and get used to standing, then walking properly in them. It's not something that happens overnight. There's no shame in taking your time when it comes to something like this.

Two inches is a good training height for those just starting out. After you acclimate to that height, you then work your way up the ladder, from two, to three, to four, or even five if you're so inclined. It all depends on you and how far you want to go.

You'll also discover in time that old heights will feel like flats, that you HAVE to wear the highest height possible to give you that special sense of enjoyment. To most of us, we wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything under three or even four inches!

Hopefully, what I've said will be of some help to you, rainbow! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Heelman:-) Some pics of you in your heels would be nice. I'll look forward to seeing them. JeffB:-) What you say is oh so true. I went from male flats to 4" heels the very first time and had no trouble with balance or walking in them. That's not for everyone. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks, Jeff. :P

I've read in the forums just what you say: after wearing high heels for a while, wearing flats is uncomfortable. I look forward to the experience of being comfortable in taller shoes. Ever upward!

Rainbow

Well, I was just speaking from experience. These days, ALL I wear are four inchers, and I've just begun intergrating five inchers into my wardrobe. Initially, I thought I'd have trouble with five, but after a couple of wearings, I've acclimated quite well to them. To wear anything under four inches is as dull and boring as men's shoes to me. Don't be surprised if, one day, you feel the same way!

:P

jeffb,what U are saying is very true.To me any thing shorter than 4 inch is flat and I dont personally find any enjoyment in it.I have a pair of 5 inch but allmost never wear them because the mamufacture made the toe too small.The only reason I do wear them is because its a slight challange.But after wearing them for a little while my toes hurt from the squees.They are the black paten pumps from Ellie I got them from Percillias.But my absalute favorite is 4 inch from L chase.Its kind of funny I guess but I have 4 pair of the exact same shoe,only because I was told by shoe dept that they were quitting making that shoe.So I figured better get them while the gettings good.Well, that way I have a pair for outside so theres no worry in terring the heel up.Then the backup pair to the ones I wear every day.Finally the brandnew pair for when I wear the others out.Like I said before Its only for the comfort ,not appearance for me.Even though the pump to me is the best looking heel there is.

Posted Image

Nice pics, rainbow, especially this one! :P

Not that I'm a fashion expert, but I think those shoes would work best with black pants, light colored hosiery (like beige or suntan) and a shirt that matched the shoes. Green would contrast too much. And pants with cuffs? Maybe this is just me, but cuffs just doesn't work well with heels. But that's just my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

Thanks, Jeff, for the feedback. :P

I think that your fashion sense is right on the money. I put the pants on that are in the photo just to see what the combination looked like. In this photo that I posted earlier, the same pants in dimmer light came out dark, and worked beautifully, just as you predicted.

Posted Image

Rainbow

PS. And the cuffs were obscured.

Rainbow6562004:-) I really like those turquoise shoes of yours. You look so good in them and they remind me of the pair I owned years ago in exactly the same shade of turquoise with the same toe and heel design. I loved those shoes and wore them until they practically fell off of my feet and they looked good on my feet too. JeffB has some great advice on fashion co-ordination and seems to be very good at it. We can all learn from his expertise. Cheers--- Dawn HH

To rainbow: I'm glad you followed my suggestions and liked the end result. Those turquoise pumps are quite nice! To Dawn: Thanks for the compliment. What knowledge I have came from lots of experimentation and plenty of time spent in front of my floor length mirror wearing a variety of different outfits, hosiery (knee-highs for my experiments) and pairing them with the shoes I have to come up with the best possible outfits, taking notes every step of the way about what works and what doesn't. As I've said before, it's extremely important that your outfits look every bit as good as your shoes in order to present a proper image from head to toe of a well dressed man, regardless of the footwear you have on, otherwise you might unfairly looked upon as some sort of fetishist.

• 2 months later...

Great pics, HP! Your sense of style in your pics is as good as ever. Welcome back, dawn!

Great looking pics, as usual, rainbow. You certainly wear shoes like those very well, even though I'm not much for sandals, the look you sport suits you! Did you ever tell us where you got those sandals? I'd be interested in learning more about them! More power to you!

Hi, Jeff! :P

You're one of the people I really miss when this site is down.

As always, thank you for your appreciations and support of me and my passions: heels and taking photos.

As for those sexy sandals: they are certainly lovely to have on, to look at, and to take photos of, but walking or even standing in them is a challenge, requiring constant attention. For me these are "sitting shoes," great for display, but nothing more. Being six-seven with these shoes on, my great fear is being found dead wearing them, having broken my neck when I fell on to the wooden floor!

If you are interested in them for yourself, here is the site to take a look at them:

http://www.lingeriesexylingerie.com/knot5sanwleg.html

Regards,

Rainbow

Hi, guys,

A while back I won the bid on three pairs of sandals I found on eBay. Two of the three are fine; the strap over the toes of the third pair broke. I still think it was a good buy, even without the surprise of a nice pair of pumps thrown in for free.

Here are three images of me wearing the silver sandals. the heels are three-and-a-half.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Rainbow

Rainbow6562004:-) Those are very nice sandals and thanks for sharing the pics with us. I noticed that the heels are a bit lower. Are you able to walk and enjoy them with the heel height and heel style on them? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hmm! A most interesting style there, rainbow! From the front, they sort of look like Roman sandals. I hope you'll enjoy wearing them. By the by, I appreciate your kind words. Life just isn't as exciting as when the board is down and I can't converse with cool people like you! :P

Hi, guys,

I should really post these photos on New Shoes, but I already have three there, and I didn't want to clutter up the thread.

The first two photos are of me wearing the espadrilles that I was so looking forward to getting. I must say I'm disappointed with them. The 3 1/2-inch heel seems to low, viewed through the mirror. Wearing them, looking down, though, they look fine.

The second two images are of a camel-colored version from Pierre Silber of the four-inch-heeled pumps like my favorites, the red ones. They look and feel just wonderful.

Enjoy!

Rainbow

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image