What is the longest time you have worn heels?

Cali

I thought of this topic this weekend. I wore heels almost for over 45 hours straight. The only time they came off was during airport security screening. 

One guy behind me  at one location was going to rase me about the booties, but I just took my booties out of bin, sllide them on and zipped them up. All he do was say, "boy those are easy to put on."

• Like 2

Great topic Cali. I can remember two times I spent a day in heels,went to bed with the same heels on, the wore them the next day. The last was in 2018 when I wore bootcut jeans and a tunic top with my NineWest “Leggy” wedges in SF just before I met you. The other was I attended an outdoor wedding fully dressed wearing wedges then wore the same wedges shopping the next day. Around 30 hours both times. I do think it’s better to sleep without heels and give your feet a rest. HinH

• Like 2

I’ve worn heels all day but in truth much of that times was sitting and working at my desk. It’s not like I’ve been a postman doing my rounds. While I’ve work knee boots on long haul flights, they’ve always been low heeled ones - I like to be able to walk very swiftly to get to the immigration queues ahead of the rush if I can

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I’ve worn heels all day but in truth much of that times was sitting and working at my desk. It’s not like I’ve been a postman doing my rounds. While I’ve work knee boots on long haul flights, they’ve always been low heeled ones - I like to be able to walk very swiftly to get to the immigration queues ahead of the rush if I can

I hear ya brother!

• Like 1

The answer to the question is that I'm not really sure. My record must have occurred either in 2017, when I attended the North Georgia chamber music retreat, or in 2018, when I took a trip to Chicago with three other families. Both days would have exceeded 12 hours by some margin, but it's not like I was on my feet all day in either case. I wore sandals in both cases, although they were not the same sandals in each case. I remember my feet being super tired at the music retreat, but that may have been due to the terrain (mountainous). It was a bit of a challenge walking on that college campus in heels, especially while carrying a cello.

As an interesting aside, both of these marathon heel trips were from my "lazy" time, when I wasn't doing much walking in heels for the purpose of training. It was basically all extracirricular and incidental at that time. Secondly, the shoes pictured here were common to both trips (they were my "dress" shoes), and they are the only pair that still survives today.

CelloHeels2017.JPG

• Like 1

Over 12 hours, my Jeffrey Campbell ankle combat boots, huge 6 inch stacked heel, 1/2 inch platform. Had a gig for a dj/electronic artist, and I was part of the live act, as well as the image for the whole evening. Quite a workout.

• Like 1