Foot jewelry?

Logjam

This topic seems to be popping up a bit in other posts here in General Fashion.

I'm not wearing heels so much recently, but I am wearing colored polish on my toes - almost 100% of the time, and openly in warmer months. And after a long latent interest, I'm just starting to experiment with foot jewelry. I'm a big believer that "less is more", so with painted toes plus a medium sized, colorful tattoo on my lower calf, I do not want to overdo. But I am inclined to like the look of a bit more than just polish on toes. I just went for my regular mani/pedi appointment wearing a toe ring, my first time doing so. My "nail lady" reacted quite positively and enthusiastically. (And if anyone is wondering - she did not ask me to remove the toe ring for the pedi process...)

So - anyone else experimenting, or regularly wearing, any foot jewelry?

Foot Jewelry.   Anklets, toe ring and polished nails, most definitely!  I have been doing all three that past 10 years or so.  Started gradually, liked it, and I now wear color and an anklet all the time, toe ring about half the time.  The wife is also into anklets and toe rings, has been for years, even before toe rings for gals became popular.  We both keep our feet looking good, she calls my feet "girls feet."  ha ha

I don't get too many comments and that fine, it's just something I do.  Usually if someone I see regularly is going to comment, they may mention it the first time they see it and then it never comes up again.  

I like the look of anklets and toe rings, it just looks fine to me at least.  My anklet is an 11 inch 3-4 mm wide simple chain, and the toe ring (I have two) is plain, simple gold about 2-3 mm wide.  

I was going to post a picture (for proof!) but surprisingly I don't have any pics of me wearing both, well all three (polish, anklet and toe ring) at the same time.  Will fix that and post a pic someday.  

So, foot jewelry; most definitely yes, looks attractive and is fun!!  Smile  sf

Hint: Make sure your foot jewelry is solid gold, anything else will tarnish over time.  The cost is a bit more, but tarnished jewelry looks dull and gold lasts forever.  

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wear anklets in the summer time wearing capris You have to wear shorter lengths to show off anklets. I do have some toe rings that I will wear in the summer with sandal slides. On occasion.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 6:20 PM, bluejay said:

I wear anklets in the summer time wearing capris You have to wear shorter lengths to show off anklets. I do have some toe rings that I will wear in the summer with sandal slides. On occasion.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I’ve not “progressed” to anklets - yet. If I do, I’ll likely go with an anklet OR a toe ring, but not both at the same time. My “less is more” thing kicking in.

• Like 1

Logjam.....  It's all about personal preference obviously, but I routinely wear and prefer the anklet / toe ring combination.  It looks nice and the two compliment each other.  The only reason I do not wear a toe ring all the time is I am afraid of the ring coming off and getting lost.  I wear 14K gold (does not tarnish) and they can get pricy with the current price of gold.  The proper fit is everything, and I had to mess around a bit to find the right size to fit my toe.  

I have had cheap non-gold toe rings come off in the "early days" and I did not feel it slip off.  I now have the right "fit" but am still paranoid that I may loose my fancy ring!   

Have fun experimenting with what works for you!!   smile...   sf

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SF said:

Logjam.....  It's all about personal preference obviously, but I routinely wear and prefer the anklet / toe ring combination.  It looks nice and the two compliment each other.  The only reason I do not wear a toe ring all the time is I am afraid of the ring coming off and getting lost.  I wear 14K gold (does not tarnish) and they can get pricy with the current price of gold.  The proper fit is everything, and I had to mess around a bit to find the right size to fit my toe.  

I have had cheap non-gold toe rings come off in the "early days" and I did not feel it slip off.  I now have the right "fit" but am still paranoid that I may loose my fancy ring!   

Have fun experimenting with what works for you!!   smile...   sf

That can happen with anklets, too. My wife once lost her heavy, 18k gold anklet. That thing was like a thousand dollars to replace, and that was a few years ago! For context, this is something she has worn for years, even before I met her, and she doesn't ever take it off. Which is weird. To me, that would be like wearing the same pair of shoes every day. That is something I cannot abide.

Never lost an anklet, that can get expensive.  The wife and I never take our anklets off.  They look too nice to not show them to the world!!  

Have fun...   sf

• 1 month later...

I get pedicures every three weeks and wear fire engine red polish on my toenails. I wear a solid 14k. gold toe ring on the 2nd toe of each foot. Women that I work with also say that I have "girl toes" which I take as a wonderful compliment. The also say that I have "Hooker Red Toes". 😀 I never wear open toe sandals without perfect nail polish and my toe rings.

Edited by Jamie001
  • Like 2

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Red is also the color for my pedi's, which I get monthly. In October of each year I get hot pink color for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Red is my favorite color for my toes and I'm always showing them off with sandals. I got two compliments just this morning on my pedi.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

If you (we) are going to wear sandals, especially gals sandals, your feet should look nice.  

Smile.....   sf

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just went for my monthly massage, my massage therapist is an early 60s age lady with a very outgoing and pleasant demeanor and deeply-held Christian beliefs. I wore a toe ring, just as an experiment to see her reaction. (Context, her beliefs notwithstanding, she is an overt fan of my tattoos.) upon noting my foot bling, she commented, “Oh, a toe ring! I like it!” Then, a short pause, and she added, “I wish we could get to where people could wear what they like without judgement...”

Edited by Logjam
  • Like 3

On 10/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, Logjam said:

I just went for my monthly massage, my massage therapist is an early 60s age lady with a very outgoing and pleasant demeanor and deeply-held Christian beliefs. I wore a toe ring, just as an experiment to see her reaction. (Context, her beliefs notwithstanding, she is an overt fan of my tattoos.) upon noting my foot bling, she commented, “Oh, a toe ring! I like it!” Then, a short pause, and she added, “I wish we could get to where people could wear what they like without judgement...”

If both of those are true, and they surely ought to be, why did you think she would object to your toe ring?

On 10/7/2022 at 2:52 AM, mlroseplant said:

If both of those are true, and they surely ought to be, why did you think she would object to your toe ring?

Fair question! From her, I mostly expected that positive response. However, I have Christian-professing friends and family who would see any even slightly “feminine” dress or accessories as in conflict with the Old Testament prohibition of wearing garments for the other gender. (For context - I’m Christian, but less reserved in that particular regard.)

• Like 1

I wear an anklet, a toe ring and paint my toe nails, and am in sandals almost all the time, sometimes even heels.  And I even go to church wearing those items.  Neve been problem.  Sometime I even get a compliment!!    Nice....  sf

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Logjam said:

Fair question! From her, I mostly expected that positive response. However, I have Christian-professing friends and family who would see any even slightly “feminine” dress or accessories as in conflict with the Old Testament prohibition of wearing garments for the other gender. (For context - I’m Christian, but less reserved in that particular regard.)

Like your choice of words there. I've had this same discussion before about Deuteronomy, but it wasn't with anybody from my church! In fact, I once wrote a standup comedy routine examining some of the funny old rules in the Old Testament, and then examining some of the rules we have today. We haven't really progressed that much in 4,000 years.

16 hours ago, SF said:

I wear an anklet, a toe ring and paint my toe nails, and am in sandals almost all the time, sometimes even heels.  And I even go to church wearing those items.  Neve been problem.  Sometime I even get a compliment!!    Nice....  sf

As you well know, church is where I often try out new fashion ideas! I like to think it's a place where we can feel safe.

• Like 1