Sign in to follow this  
kneehighs

Blockchain Revolution: from the internet of information to the internet of value

Yes, well in any sort of gold rush the people who do well are the ones who sell picks and shovels to those fevered masses who think they're going to strike it lucky. 

On 5/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, Cali said:

You haven't seen the tractors that are able to do it all with no operator?  It similar to driver-less cars. Levels, plant, harvest.

Yes - - and they have sprayers too. The guys drive the sprayer to the field, and then sit in them while they spray the fields. 

Who didn't read until the end of the article. The customers holding those dormant account will never lose their money. " If at a later date a consumer discovers that they had a dormant account and their funds have been transferred into the scheme, they will also always be able reclaim the full amount owed to them. "

I'm not sure who would be liable to repay the customers under those conditions. For the banks who hold these accounts £150 million is a drop in the ocean. And the chance of more than a tiny amount needing to be repaid is minuscule.

I'm well aware of dormant accounts in the UK. I've had a couple I've forgotten about over the years, usually with just pennies in them, sometimes where it was more hassle to close them than abandon them.  Some notes about the UK dormant accounts scheme: https://www.moneysupermarket.com/savings/dormant-account-guide/

Yeah trust  government seizure of private bank accounts.

Edited by kneehighs