My new daily wear heels

krazykev64

At long last I have started to wear heels on a daily basis.  I found them on ebay but I had to order them from China.  Here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291550584242?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=590605300154&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The sizing is not accurate.  I took this into account when ordering.  I take a UK10 but ordered a UK12. They fit perfectly.  They are also quiet wide around the ankle

I find them extremely comfortable although they could do with a little extra insole padding.  i normally wear them with thin socks

or 80 denier pop socks.  im now thinking of ordering another pair as i like them so much.

The block heel is an ideal height for wearing for long periods as they are only 2.75 inches.

I have had no funny looks or comments at all as they do not look very feminine.  They go well with a pair of jeans

DSCF0445.JPG

DSCF0449.JPG

DSCF0451.JPG

DSCF0453.JPG

• Like 2

They are nice and I have similar pairs that I with jeans and shirt. I used to wear them to work with black trousers and a shirt, in my previous job. But unfortunately my current job it wouldn't go down well. The people here are stuck in the past. 

Only last year did I get appointments etc put on the email calendar. Appointments used to be handwritten on paper and kept in an A3 folder.

19 hours ago, Chorlini said:

I concur that the sizing of Chinese heels leaves something to be desired on. It's like they still practice footbinding or something.

Very true indeed. My late wife was a seamstress and the amount of people who had ordered stuff from China and asked for items to be altered is unbelievable.  The problem is that you cannot make something bigger.  It cost more to reuturn the item back to china that what the customer paid for it in the first place

I find that if you order size 12uk shoes from China they are more a size 10uk.  My boots were sold as a uk12 but fit my uk10 feet perfectly.  They are stated as being 28.5cm long.

I also like the fact that i was not charged any import duties.  The boots were not even shipped under the global shipping programme

Edited by krazykev64

My peeptoe boots arrived from China today.  My feelings about them are mixed.

They are absolutely wonderful to wear and walk in dispite the 3.75'' heel.  I prefer to wear them with thin nylon pop socks or bare footed.

The only problem is the heel itself.  When on the ground it looks as if it has had around half an inch chopped off as you can see in the photos.  Is this going to be a problem or will the problem heal itself and go away.

I dont really want to send them back as it will cost a small fortune for postage from the UK back to China.  I really love them and they are also very comfortable. The problem is that there are no other peeptoe boots available in my size with a block heel around 3.5 inch.  Is it possible that the heel could be extended?

15d clear nylons.JPG

30d nylons.JPG

bare.JPG

off foot.JPG

plain socks.JPG

Looking at the shoes in the various positions and in particular the non worn photo the heel does look to be about 1/2 inch short. the bottom of the heel should not be at an angle to the floor when sitting on the floor. Even the heel wears so that it is flat to the floor the issue I see is that the heel itself would be angled inward which I would think could lead to the heel braking off due to the downward pressure exerted on the heel while walking would not be directed directly at the ground which would create torsional forces that would cause it to break off which could be very dangerous if it occurred at the wrong time. Potential then would be a sprained ankle at best, broken ankle or possibly even a broken leg, none of which is a desirable outcome.

First, does the vendor require that the shoes be returned if they are defective,  Will pictures suffice?  Many vendors will accept pictures as proof of a problem.

Second, fixing those shoes is going to be tough.  It appears that the shank (metal arch support) is bent.  In the boots I have worked on that shank is hardened steel and not easily reformed.  This would be a job for a cobbler.

Third: I have survived several broken heels and there is generally some warning that the heel is giving way.  However I wouldn't take those shes on a long walk or do activity that would stress the shoes (like running).  Always be mindful that there may be a problem when wearing them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

There seems to be a new common thread with the current group of Chinese manufactures, in larger sizes the heels are short relative to the pictures. They are not raising the height with size as is usually the norm. They save money by only having a single heel no matter the shoe size. 

hopefully i can either get the steel shank bent to shape or have the heel extended around half an inch.  i really love these heels as they are so comfortable.  they are currently just over 3.5 inch.  i could easily manage another half inch

Edited by krazykev64

3 hours ago, krazykev64 said:

just found some lovely peeptoe stiletto bootts on Evans.  just may get a pair and add some steel heel tips

http://www.evans.co.uk/en/evuk/product/shoes-250471/ankle-boots-2100218/black-standard-fit-peep-toe-heeled-shoe-boots-5886882?bi=0&ps=20

Wow, big step up for you and very nice. They must cater to men, with UK sizes up to 12, like a US 14/15. Expect the heels to exceed 4" as they will be scaled to the picture with this higher quality brand.

well my heels on the peeptoes have now been fixed and all for the grand price of £10.95p.  Timpsons modified the heel by fitting a new tip and a thick piece of heel rubber which was then cut to shape.  its not the most elegant job in the world but its a great improvement and they are a lot easier to walk in even though the heel is now 4 inch high

heel mod.jpg

• Like 2

On 28/09/2016 at 6:09 PM, robbiehhw said:

Nice boots. I have never really ordered from China (not counting electronics) , but seeing more and more good instances like this makes me want to.

there are some really nice heels from china but you need to be very careful selecting the correct size.  if i order from china i need to order size UK12 to get the correct size for my UK10 feet