Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
malinheels

high heel joy in Australia

Recommended Posts

Hey there high heel dudes in Australia & elsewhere in the world, just reading in the herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne on page 29

Basket ball star Liz Cambage is designing a new range of stylish plus size shoes foe women in collaboration with Myer department store 

and Urban Soul shoe manufacturer with sizes 9 to 15 so hopefully there will be some grate fashion heels in larger sizes that us guys will be able to get from myer stores

LOOKING FORWARD to seeing what they have     cheers malinheels  Melbourne:wavey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Launches next week in myer

sizes 8-15 

will have to look into it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting, looking forward for some pics :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't really a big thing for me as I fit a lot of 10's but still keen to check them out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another great reason to travel down under!

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they be shipping to Europe?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4608 said:

Will they be shipping to Europe?

 

No idea

will let everyone know when they are up n going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Yet another great reason to travel down under!

Steve

 

Hey Steve

You dont need a reason to visit us here in UP OVER (depends on your standpoint) 

Im just hoping it isnt a flop. There are numerous specialty shops dealing with large sizes, but for a big chain like MYER to take it up is a big big thing. I would expect that only a few of their stores will carry the range. MYER have 66 stores across AUS, and 15 in Sydney. Id expect it would be a few stores plus there online system, but still very exciting.

I will post updates as soon as I see them

I even joined the MYER club to get news etc early on this :happy:

James

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stealhers said:

This isn't really a big thing for me as I fit a lot of 10's but still keen to check them out!

10's, that is so unfair !!

im 11's. some even pushing 11.5's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G'day, James,

I was impressed with Myer the very first time I went there, in Albury, I think, when we visited our friends who were living in Tallangatta at the time (2001, and since moved to Bendigo). Great store. Been in several Myers stores since then. I have a large cache of Vegemite here from Myers! LOL

So I'm anxious to learn what Myers is going to unveil in larger size shoes, too!

Steve

PS. And just yesterday I came across a new, unopened pair of Kolotex pantyhose I got from the hosiery outlet store on Parramatta Road. I'm sure you've been there, right?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been to Australia but I did once live in New Zealand (1962-1965) and have some faint memories of it when my father was stationed in Antarctica. It is high on a list of places to visit once retired which is very close by now. I wonder just how often Aussies must buy their heels from outside Australia as I imagine there may be few Aussie shoe manufacturers. HappyinHeels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

G'day, James,

I was impressed with Myer the very first time I went there, in Albury, I think, when we visited our friends who were living in Tallangatta at the time (2001, and since moved to Bendigo). Great store. Been in several Myers stores since then. I have a large cache of Vegemite here from Myers! LOL

So I'm anxious to learn what Myers is going to unveil in larger size shoes, too!

Steve

PS. And just yesterday I came across a new, unopened pair of Kolotex pantyhose I got from the hosiery outlet store on Parramatta Road. I'm sure you've been there, right?

 

 

 

Steve

Will keep you updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again people of HHP just a little update regarding the new larger size shoes by Liz Cambage in Myer

Went for a day of heeling in the city Melbourne and of course went to Myer  Emporium after checking out all the shoes in the women's dept still no 

liz Cambage heels so went and asked the older female sales assistant . 

She told me that the release had been delayed but were definetly coming next month she actually went out the back and asked her manager so 

i,d think that this info will be fairly accurate  here's hoping

                                                 cheers Malinheels:wavey:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23 June 2016 at 7:10 AM, malinheels said:

Hi again people of HHP just a little update regarding the new larger size shoes by Liz Cambage in Myer

Went for a day of heeling in the city Melbourne and of course went to Myer  Emporium after checking out all the shoes in the women's dept still no 

liz Cambage heels so went and asked the older female sales assistant . 

She told me that the release had been delayed but were definetly coming next month she actually went out the back and asked her manager so 

i,d think that this info will be fairly accurate  here's hoping

                                                 cheers Malinheels:wavey:

Yep

i got same answer from Myer Sydney city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked again and still nothing on this. 

Waiting, waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are in !

8 styles, plus 1 in 2 colours so total 9 options. 

Mostly quite flat.

the short boots with cut outs are the only ones that appeal. 2 inch heel. But at $320 not today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall

im underwhelmed !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought id share this titbit. 

Over the last few weeks i have thinned down my collection of heels by 22 pairs selling them on ebay

Of the 22, 15 pairs went to guys. 

so for all of us who think we are alone, take courage. There are a lot more men wearing heels than we think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sydheel said:

Of the 22, 15 pairs went to guys. 

so for all of us who think we are alone, take courage. There are a lot more men wearing heels than we think

It would be nice if more guys would admit to wearing heels. Perhaps it would become more mainstream and gain acceptance. Obviously there are many men hiding in fear of ridicule. Too bad if you surf the 'net most pictures you see are of guys that are feminine and many are obviously gay or making fun of men wearing heels and it stops many from opening up.

I am surprised there are not more positive forums, videos and other sites about men heeling on the 'net.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Just thought id share this titbit. 

Over the last few weeks i have thinned down my collection of heels by 22 pairs selling them on ebay

Of the 22, 15 pairs went to guys. 

so for all of us who think we are alone, take courage. There are a lot more men wearing heels than we think

And i would say a distinct  lack of surprise from shop assistants when I'm shopping and trying on heels is further evidence!

Jeeze James you had quite a collection!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i had too many I didn't wear. Some were starting pairs that I outgrew but half were online purchases that didn't fit as id hoped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, heelsareme said:

And i would say a distinct  lack of surprise from shop assistants when I'm shopping and trying on heels is further evidence!

Jeeze James you had quite a collection!

I will agree, it's is getting more rare that I get asked if they are a gift, more common they offer the pair for me to try on before I ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah me to very underwhelmed with the shoes they had at myer and now payless has gone into receivership here in australia so there goes another source of size 11:cry1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2016 at 9:19 AM, Sydheel said:

Yeah i had too many I didn't wear. Some were starting pairs that I outgrew but half were online purchases that didn't fit as id hoped

James,

I'm trying to contact you via email, but no answer. If you see this, check your pm and your email.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.