Frist Time I Really Got Noticed And Looked At...

Black_Boots

It happened some days ago, I was wearing my Jessica Simpson booties with a long jean when I walked in a gas station to take a quick coffee when driving back home.

I stood at the bar and orderd my drink. Then one of the bar's lady walked in my direction and I could see she stared at my feet...

Then she immediately went to her colleague and talked to hear very close to he hear...

Then few seconds later, they both walked slowly in a postion so they could check my shoes, doing like if they had something to do there, but they were staring actually, quite descretely, but noticeably.

Then I left... nothing else, but it was the first time for me to be looked at like that...

Bye!

post-13927-0-27205500-1424185037_thumb.j

Being looked at doesn't mean disapproval. It means you're wearing something unusual that they have never seen before, and they're probably wondering what it's all about - and why you're doing it. Too bad they didn't have the courage to ask you, and you could have told them you like wearing heeled booties, and the only choices you have are intended for women, but that doesn't matter. I think they might have been impressed with your confidence.

Steve

First those are great looking boots!

In a situation like that you should react in a manor that is comfortable to you.  When I see someone noticing, I generally just slightly nod to them to acknowledge their attention.

Also, think how disappointing it would be if, on going out in great looking boots, no one noticed.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thank you both for your comments, it's true it's a shame not to notice those gorgeous boots, even if I still try to hide them...

And as it was the first time I got noticed and could myself notice it, I did not react by looking at them... But I'll try next time!

I get more than a few looks, but most are just curious and yeah trying to figure it all out. This week i traveled through two airports wearing, men's leather jacket, a paisley tunic top that came out from under the jacket, skinny jeans and the Nine west booties in the pic below. So many looks, way more than usual. A guy and his wife were whispering and even giggling a bit at the gate. Really don't care- glad i broke up their day :)

post-26173-0-28313500-1424406855_thumb.j

Lift your foot and pull up your pant leg and give a big smile. Now they get to recover from being "caught". It can start a nice conversation when they know you are not ashamed.

I was going to say "just ask and you can see them".

This is happening more to me. But I trying to be noticed, without being too obvious.

I go in home Depot quite a bit and have been getting looks as I walk by but that's as far as it goes.

sounds like they are peed off that a man has a lovely pair of boots that they aren't wearing, women and jealousy stick like glue and paper, its like if I was wearing a pair of Christian louboutin armurabotta boots, out in a city, Im sure there would be lots of amazement and jealousy, from every female that would look at me,

This week we took an unexpected trip to New England for a funeral on Thursday. I wore my Naturalizer "Glassy" boots with 3 inch stacked heels. The boots have an area on the heel with metal spikes but the front looks very masculine. The shaft is suede. I went through TSA screening at the airport and I didn't have to take off my shoes because I was TSA PRE (pre-screened), but I set off the alarm and the agent asked me to take off my boots; he could see that they had too much metal, so I did and I went through fine. He didn't care at all about the heels; he was looking for security threats and treated me in a civil and professional way.

Nobody in the family said anything about my heels, except my 27-year old nephew, a musician, who noticed them right away and said, "Nice heels!" I replied, "I always wanted to dress like a rock star!" He laughed and that was that. That happened in front of my brother and sister-in-law. No further fall-out. But then, last time they visited us they saw my shoe collection in the room with our family photos on the wall, so they already knew about my unusual hobby.

Steve

post-4071-0-82518800-1424559052_thumb.jp

This week we took an unexpected trip to New England for a funeral on Thursday. I wore my Naturalizer "Glassy" boots with 3 inch stacked heels. The boots have an area on the heel with metal spikes but the front looks very masculine. The shaft is suede. I went through TSA screening at the airport and I didn't have to take off my shoes because I was TSA PRE (pre-screened), but I set off the alarm and the agent asked me to take off my boots; he could see that they had too much metal, so I did and I went through fine. He didn't care at all about the heels; he was looking for security threats and treated me in a civil and professional way.

Nobody in the family said anything about my heels, except my 27-year old nephew, a musician, who noticed them right away and said, "Nice heels!" I replied, "I always wanted to dress like a rock star!" He laughed and that was that. That happened in front of my brother and sister-in-law. No further fall-out. But then, last time they visited us they saw my shoe collection in the room with our family photos on the wall, so they already knew about my unusual hobby.

Steve

Great! Even for a funeral...

Thank you for sharing.

sounds like they are peed off that a man has a lovely pair of boots that they aren't wearing, women and jealousy stick like glue and paper, its like if I was wearing a pair of Christian louboutin armurabotta boots, out in a city, Im sure there would be lots of amazement and jealousy, from every female that would look at me,

I like this poitn of view!

I was going to say "just ask and you can see them".

This is happening more to me. But I trying to be noticed, without being too obvious.

I go in home Depot quite a bit and have been getting looks as I walk by but that's as far as it goes.

I've worn some pretty noisy heels into a couple different Home Depot's before.

It's like an alarm going off for a lot of guys - they keep looking for the source, and when they discover it's me, it's like a complete downer for them. The ladies on the other hand - not sure if they are chuckling at me, or the other guys.

Howdy,

During the period that I was wearing my heels out and about a lot I got a few "notices" that I observed or experienced.  Only one was negative but not that bad.  The first one was a gal that came up to me and really talked me up about my heels.  She thought it was incredible.  I saw her several other times and and she was always friendly.

Another time was when a guy in line behind me said, "Nice wedges."  After getting acquainted he asked a couple questions and thought that it was cool that I was wearing them.  I actually thought that he could become a friend outside of the coffee house however we moved shortly thereafter and I stopped frequenting that coffee house.

I also went to a mall fairly recently and got noticed quite a bit.  It wasn't the most positive experience that I have had in heels however I survived it.  Now, I am armed with a whole lot more ideas of what to do and what not to do when out and about in heels.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!