Ecstatic!

Schnubab

I am literally bouncing off the walls at the moment with happiness! My SO has always allowed me to wear heels around the house when I want, however, she has always been slightly uncomfortable with it due to it adding a certain amount of femininity to my appearance.

Well, she is currently away from home and I decided to send her the below pic of my outfit today to see what she thought. Her response was "It looks great!".

Sorry for the poor pic quality, but it is literally the same pic I sent her which I took from my phone.

To hear that from her has literally made my year. Happiness!!!!

post-15565-0-33834200-1416324095_thumb.j

If her response was by text, be very cautious. By voice, with a positive tone, that' s great. Still take things slowly.

BTW: The outfit looks great.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congrats !!!  It is best to be open with our wives, girlfriends, significant others etc.  I was many years ago with my wife to be, she was accepting and the rest is history!!  Take care and have fun…    sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Just because she says it looks great does not necessarily mean she thinks it looks great enough to go out in public. So just be careful how you interpret her response and act judiciously to make sure she is not drawn outside of her comfort zone. It might take you a long time to stretch the envelope and keep her comfortable, and you'll have to take a lot of baby steps, but it sounds like you are making progress. The outfit looks great to us heelers, but your SO is the one you have to live with. Good luck.

Steve

Schnubab,

I'd repeat what others have said about taking a simple "it looks great" and meaning  you now have the green light to go grocery shopping in 6" stilettoes although many will admit that might be one goal to shoot for :). She knows you're at home and sending her this so the context should be limited to that. It nevertheless is a positive sign of the communication you both have at this point which should only serve as a sound foundation for the future. Those pumps looks very similar to a pair I got at Bakers in 2010 called "Victoria", their top seller that year and also in electric blue like you have. Mine were size 11 and the stiletto heel measured about 5.6. I also have them in red and black leather. Very classic shoe just like yours. Thanks for sharing!  HappyinHeels

Hi all,

Thank you for the comments and for taking the time to offer your advices (they have certainly helped before). I am taking things cautiously, as too much in one go could be enough to push anyone off the edge I think, including myself :cheeky: It's just that my SO's response to my heeling has always been like a reluctant acceptance of it knowing that it makes me happy, whereas this was the first time there was no sense of reluctance. Something does seem to have changed though, as over the weekend she openly came and sat next to me so that we could look through a designer's collection and discuss the heels. It just seems like a more openly relaxed environment with heeling, however, I certainly will still be taking baby steps all the way until we are both comfortable with the situation.

Have a great day in heels all!

Take things VERY slowly. Give her a break from the heels.

Find some boots that don't look too fem. Wear what you normally would wear for clothes and save the pumps for solo time.

I would not send any pics, she really does not want to see and it's proof for the divorce.