Walk A Mile In Her Shoes

kickass

I really want to do this.  Any information about where and when such a walk is coming up would be greatly appreciated.  It's a cause I totally believe in on many different levels, both for what it supports, but also in how it works to break down gender based style barriers.  Just as a thought,  I truly do not believe that any heel loving man would ever in his life cause pain and abuse to a woman.  Perhaps society needs a "wake up call" on this.

Yes, I've done it once, with Weird1, Spikesmike, and my wife. We later learned that WetWillie was there too, but we didn't know it at the time. It was fun and it's for a good cause. There were lots of hilarious moments and some silly costumes, but it really doesn't help our cause of normalizing guys in heels. If anything, it emphasized how goofy men can look in heels. I probably won't do it again.

http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/

Steve

I've done it a few times. Its a good way to get out there and break the ice. I agree with Steve, it doesn't necessarily normalize guys in heels, but it can pull the closet guys out. I make it a point to arrive, return to the start, leave, and maybe hit a local hamburger joint in my chosen footware.

Never done one but plan on participating this year. Gonna do like heels59 suggests, wear my heels before, during and after the event. I expect it will be fun. sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I would agree with other comments that these events are no doubt fun, but lets face it, it probably does very little to actually further the cause of making society more accepting of guys wearing heels as the event is meant to be "silly".  However, there are likely to be other shy heelers in these events who welcome this opportunity to get out and show off their style and superior walking skills. So those of us who actually know what we are doing will breeze through these events in style while the typical guys will fumble along making complete clowns of themselves but at least they are willing to try and that's more than a lot of men would ever do.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like that Quebec city a province of Canada has it`s own event like that!

That would be good for the closed mentality people of my town! Those who do not agree with heels. Especially my family and all the cities around!

Those idiots stay with the old mentality of years 70th`s.

You know what I mean lol! Those ****** I do not respect!

I do these walks whenever possible. The entry fees are used to support programs that help battered and abused women as well as women and girls who are being used for sex trafficking. It's also great fun to be seen wearing a great pair of heels and having women tell you how well you walk in them.

It's a good excuse to buy more shoes. I love trying on heels while wearing one of the tee shirts they give out at the walks

There are 2 walks coming up in my area (Columbus, Ohio) One on Mother's Day and the other on Father's Day.