Well, That Hasn't Happened In A While...

geot

Stoped by the grocery store on my way to work to pick up a couple items, wearing my black suede Brash platforms. Did my thing and went to the first cashier and she asked me what the occasion was. When I didn't know what she meant, she looked down at my shoes. "Oh, just because" was all I could think of by way of an answer; couldn't think of a witty reply about clothing rights or freestyle fashion. Paid for my stuff and add I was leaving she thought I moved very well in them. Nice to get a positive interaction, although most people don't seem (or want) to notice.

Giving an answer from spontaneity was probably the way you should handle this situation. A pat answer might come across as less sincere. I'd be interested in hearing about your next grocery store encounter with her, should the subject be revisited.

That's a cool experience. One time in line at a coffee house I had a guy ask me if I was practicing walking in heels for a show. I clarified asking him if he meant a drag show and he did. I replied that I was wearing the shoes because they are what I dig. He thought it was cool and we would chat whenever we ran into each other in that neck of the woods. Like histellito said, I think the unprepared answer is the best. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Twice I have had guys ask me if I was wearing "girls shoes," and each time I said "yes."  Each time, after a short conversation both of the guys said it was "cool."  Like others here, I have just said that I like the look and feel of a high heel and enjoy wearing them, no more, no less.  Plus it's fun to be out in heels.  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Had another quick outing today, to a different store. No attention... no comments... business as usual. I guess black heels, black pants and a dress shirt aren't wild enough for Kansas any more. Works for me...

• 3 months later...

Running errands again today, and got another complement. As I was leaving the bank, a woman coming in complemented me on my shoes... "that looks good, but I couldn't do it."  The ol' ego needs a massage from time to time. So that's two complements and zero (spoken) disapprovals this year. Funny thing is, my black "Brash" pumps get all the notice. Red "Brash" and nude "Highest Heel" pumps, not so much.

We're going out of state this weekend to see Eddie Izzard. Think I should dress appropriately...

There is something "classic" about the BBK (Black Brash Kosmic) shoes.  They are suttle, comfortable, and fun.  They do not have that "over-the-edge" look some have I think because of the shape of the toe-box. 

Congratulations on your interactions

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Positive interactions are good. Still get a few odd stares though.

Not sure how many more times I'll get to wear heels out though. Mrs Geo doesn't want me to get a reputation around town as "that guy in heels."  I pointed out that it could be a lot worse... I could be "that drunk guy," or "that meth head guy," or even "that guy who beats his family," but she's not convinced. Guess I'll see how this development pans out.

If you keep Mrs. Geot within her comfort zone so she isn't insecure about your heeling, you'll be fine. If she's uncomfortable and you ignore that, sooner or later you're toast. Don't make that mistake. Be considerate of her feelings, and back off from heeling, or wear less femme shoes, with thicker heels, lower heels, booties, etc. Give her time to adjust and gain her security. We don't want to read about your divorce here; we prefer stories with happy endings.

Steve

From experience, dont push it with the wife. When she tells you to take them off, do it. Give her time to adjust and your shoe time will eventually get longer

It's not so much "no more heels, period" as "no more heels outside the house," except for Rocky Horror nights. She's been cool with it for the 15 years we've been married, knew well before we even got engaged, and goes out with me wearing heels before; she finds it somewhat amusing that she's the one in comfortable flat shoes and I'm in heels.

I can live with her request, but a little part of me is wondering what else she's going to want me to give up in life for her happiness. It's been quite a laundry list of hobbies, passtimes and friends. I know I probably sound bitter, but i'm not really.

Ugh... best not think about it, or I'll get depressed. Think I'll go out and chop some firewood. And that's actual firewood, not an euphemism for sex... 

geot,

Nice stories and replies to your Brash "Cosmic" wedges. I actually bought a second pair as I was starting to wear out the first one. They are a classic design and do look nice I think on guys or gals. I am surprised though that  they would get noticed because they are a very stealth shoe.

Hey Steve63130,   what kind of toast would geot become if he pushes the fashion envelope too far.......wheat, rye, sourdough???? :)

ANyway geot Steve always has sound (and sage) advice so listen to him intently!

HappyinHeels