What Is A Size 10B

Heelster

Saw a pair of Jessica Simpson slingback wood wedges that looked interesting. I almost picked them up without trying them on, but the insiide said it was a size 10-B. I've seen -M and -W, but never -B.

Oh - No way was I gonna try them on after peeling off some foul smelling work boots. 10 to 12 hours in steel toe and there is nothing good about a bare foot after that.

I don't know why certain manufacturers decided to get away from the traditional A through E width scale, but they did. I suppose "narrow, or N" would roughly correspond to a AA width, "M, or medium" would be a B width, and "W, or wide" would be about a D. D is medium width in men's shoes. My feet are somewhere between a B and a C width, which is why women's shoes tend to fit me better. Oh, and good luck! I hope they're still there. I wouldn't want to try on shoes either after wearing work boots all day.

It's a bit like buying clothes. Some say XS, S, M, L, XL etc. and some say 24, 26, 28 etc.

B is a ladies M, C is a ladies W or men's M and D is a men's W.

In Europe we use a "metric" system where the size is a function of length and width so a 42 is a men's 8 and a women's 9 (a ladies 9 is the same length as a mens 9 here).

So to answer your question: yes, a B is the same as a M.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's a bit like buying clothes. Some say XS, S, M, L, XL etc. and some say 24, 26, 28 etc.

B is a ladies M, C is a ladies W or men's M and D is a men's W.

In Europe we use a "metric" system where the size is a function of length and width so a 42 is a men's 8 and a women's 9 (a ladies 9 is the same length as a mens 9 here).

So to answer your question: yes, a B is the same as a M.

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully the shoes are still there tomorrow.

A. women's narrow

B. women's medium, men's narrow

C. women's wide, men's medium

D. men's wide

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If only the industry could agree on a single world wide standard. It would make things SO much easier for everyone. Including themselves, as pissed off customers due to size confusions are one of the biggest problems of shoe retailers. They can put a man on the moon, agree on a universal standard for audio and video systems but not one size system for shoes? I couldn't care less which one, as long as they just pick one.

Heelster,  Everything you read here from the size comparisons to the analogies is correct. The only thing I'd add is sometimes you'll see either "100B" on a sticker o the bottom of the shoe or on the side of the box which means the shoe is a a 10B or women's medium width of US size 10. What's way more important for you to remember is that shoes should always be tried on precisely because of the variation in fit between different brands, manufacturers, and even different shoe dye within the same exact style. A final, albeit often overlooked factor, is the time of day. Our feet tend to retain water most in the morning so that same size 10B will feel tighter at 10 AM than it will at 8 PM. 

Smelly feet after a day in steel toes? Wash your feet with baby wipes or just wash them after work then put on some knee highs and let them breath. Put on some sandals or other heels you could keep in your car and now you're in a better position to go heel shopping after work. You'll maximize your time and have more fun shopping then.  HappyinHeels

Heelster,  Everything you read here from the size comparisons to the analogies is correct. The only thing I'd add is sometimes you'll see either "100B" on a sticker o the bottom of the shoe or on the side of the box which means the shoe is a a 10B or women's medium width of US size 10. What's way more important for you to remember is that shoes should always be tried on precisely because of the variation in fit between different brands, manufacturers, and even different shoe dye within the same exact style. A final, albeit often overlooked factor, is the time of day. Our feet tend to retain water most in the morning so that same size 10B will feel tighter at 10 AM than it will at 8 PM. 

Smelly feet after a day in steel toes? Wash your feet with baby wipes or just wash them after work then put on some knee highs and let them breath. Put on some sandals or other heels you could keep in your car and now you're in a better position to go heel shopping after work. You'll maximize your time and have more fun shopping then.  HappyinHeels

Any other time I would not have been in steel toes, or work pants etc. When I first saw this pair, I probably had more grease and grime on my pants and boots than you could scrape out of an engine compartment after twenty years of neglect. (It's what you get when you work on steel mill equipment) There was no way I would consider trying them on

Any other time I would not have been in steel toes, or work pants etc. When I first saw this pair, I probably had more grease and grime on my pants and boots than you could scrape out of an engine compartment after twenty years of neglect. (It's what you get when you work on steel mill equipment) There was no way I would consider trying them on

Yeah, that was a good call. Although I always carry a pair of sandals or clogs with me in the car, and the boots come off straightaway when the workday is done, I've worked a couple of steel mill maintenance shutdowns as an industrial electrician, so I understand exactly what you're talking about. It's not just sweaty feet one is worried about! I guess it's a moot point anyway, since you got your shoes in the end.

Made it back in time - - - and they fit perfect Thanks everyone for the quick reply's

Awesome! Glad you got the shoes. Do you have a pic to share. The description of JS wooden wedge ha piqued my interest. I love wedges. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!