National Shoe Lovers Day

bluejay

Saturday, October 26, 2013, has been designated, "National Shoe Lovers Day", by DSW, Shoe Wearhouse.

Many promotions will be taking place on that day. The first 100 customers, on Saturday will get their choice of a red tee shirt, with the National Shoe Lovers Day, logo  or a bottle of nail polish.

Google up DSW, Shoe Wearhouse and read about.

They are also offering a book written by one of their staff members , "Do You Speak Shoe Lover?". The book contains style and stories from inside DSW. I bought my copy tonight, when I was shopping at DSW. The book is worth every penny of the $16.95 cost.

Guys , lets all go to DSW, on Saturday, wearing our heels and be a part of the celebration!  I certainly will be going.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Saturday, October 26, 2013, has been designated, "National Shoe Lovers Day", by DSW, Shoe Wearhouse.

Many promotions will be taking place on that day. The first 100 customers, on Saturday will get their choice of a red tee shirt, with the National Shoe Lovers Day, logo  or a bottle of nail polish.

Google up DSW, Shoe Wearhouse and read about.

They are also offering a book written by one of their staff members , "Do You Speak Shoe Lover?". The book contains style and stories from inside DSW. I bought my copy tonight, when I was shopping at DSW. The book is worth every penny of the $16.95 cost.

Guys , lets all go to DSW, on Saturday, wearing our heels and be a part of the celebration!  I certainly will be going.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Actually, I was hoping to get to a DSW on Saturday for a change. It's about an hour away.

So I made it there Saturday - - -no mention, no signage - no clue regarding a promo - - -- Hmmmmm

Went back Sunday - - - Nothing.

The wife is away for the weekend, which means I get to go birthday shopping and "ME" shopping. Didn't see anything that sparked my interest. Oh well.

Happy Shoe Lovers Day,

I went this morning, Saturday to DSW for their big "National Shoe Lovers Day", promotion. I was greeted warmly by the staff, when the store opened at 10 AM. They explained what was going on. Make a purchase and receive a free, tee shirt featuring the promotion or a bottle of nail polish and a ticket to try to win free shoes for a year, from DSW. The staff was all wearing the promotion tee shirts, so I had a picture taken with most of the staff today. I'm including the picture and told them where to view it, on HHP. Not one of the staff ever heard of HHP, so I had to explain to them about our site. They were all very eager to get on our site , after work. Each staff member said it was OK to post their picture on HHP.

I went to shop in the store. I found a pair of clogs, SoftSpots in a rainbow color on the clearance rack that my wife liked the other night when we both were at the store. I also found a pair of Bandolino, "Touchdown" loafer pumps in grey & silver croco patent leather, with a 3" small block heel that I liked. I tried on a few other pairs too. None of the other women shoppers, paid any attention to me trying on heels. The staff, as always was very helpful and encouraging. One member told me she liked the Bandolino pumps on me. So did I!

Another staff member asked me about my boots that I was wearing this morning with black ribbed leggings, pink polo shirt with the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon, black leather jacket and my pink baseball cap also with the ribbon on it. I told her my boots were "Born", with a 3-1/2" block heel in a western pull on style. I also told her that I also have them in brown too. She complimented on my look this morning and I thanked her for the compliment.

I went to check-out. The cashier asked if I wanted the tee shirt or the nail polish, as the promotion gift. I replied the tee shirt in a size large. She rang up my sale and I handed her the cash. She remarked that she liked my pink polish on my little pinkies and I responded that was also for "Breast Cancer Awareness". She handed me my change and one of the tickets to win free shoes for a year. I opened the ticket and I was not a winner of any prize. She also told me about the book, "Do You Speak Shoe Lover" and I replied that I bought a copy the other night, when I was in the store, and that I'm reading it and so far it's very interesting too.She thanked me for shopping at DSW, today and to come back soon. I replied I would.

Attached are some pics of my trip to DSW today. Hope you all enjoyed my post and pics of, "National Shoe Lovers Day" at DSW. I had a lot of fun there today at their special event.

Anybody else experience the event at DSW, today?

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-68899400-1382851605_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-39188600-1382851668_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-35265700-1382851704_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-56767600-1382851740_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-81924900-1382851821_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-82777200-1382851870_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-27892000-1382851910_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-53704900-1382851947_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-83849900-1382852043_thumb.jp

National Shoe Lovers Day???  Missed it, was in the Sierra hiking around....  Maybe next year!!!  Looks like you had fun tho, Mr Bluejay....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I stopped in one on Monday.  Maybe that is "short staff day" as one said "hello" as I entered and that was the last interaction of the visit.  I stood there looking over the vast display hoping for the question; any question.  Nothing. Very unlike Payless.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I stopped in one on Monday.  Maybe that is "short staff day" as one said "hello" as I entered and that was the last interaction of the visit.  I stood there looking over the vast display hoping for the question; any question.  Nothing. Very unlike Payless.

DSW is short for Designer Shoe Warehouse. Have you ever known warehouse shopping to be high in personal service?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The last time I was in DSW was with HappyinHeels in August when he visited me. I was asked by at least two sales associates, both women, if I needed any help finding things. I think it all depends on how much staff there is, how busy they are, and what their disposition is toward men who are looking around at women's shoes. I'm sure some are fine with the concept and others are probably repulsed by it. I don't know if they are on commission or not, but if not, they lack some of the motivation to be helpful. Like most organizations, the staff reflects the character of the store manager.

Steve

I always get great service from DSW when, I'm shopping there. Maybe because they see me so often there. I know several of the girls and the Assit/Mgr too. I admit the service at Payless is outstanding, but DSW, has a much greater variety of shoes, only a few size 12 and no size 13 at all, but of course you pay more at DSW.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I wouldn't enter. I'd hate to have to give them back at the end of the year.

Dr. Shoe,

They didn't specify. how many pairs of shoes the winner would get over the year's time. One associate told me a new pair monthly and another said, a new pair weekly. If the latter was the case that would mean 52 pairs of shoes would go to the contest winner. One would need an additional closet to store 52 pairs of new shoes. I'm going to find out who the winner was and try to find out how many new pairs of shoes they will get over the year time. I know the assit./mgr well enough, so she hopefully will get me the answer and I will post it here.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay