Glamour Magazine Shoe Polls

docs41

I was at the doctor's office yesterday passing the time waiting for the doctor by reading an April issue of Glamour magazine. (Of course I was checking out all the shoes!) In that issue, they had about 3 pages devoted to polls concerning different aspects of shoes. One question asked the ladies if they would date a guy who had more shoes than she did. 30% said that they "would be in love," while 70% said that they would run the other way, or some other similarly foolish reply. I was hoping that we would have made more progress with acceptance by the ladies. Another question asked the guys if they ever tried on their girlfriend's/wife's heels. 28% stated that they had. I bet there are actually more who had tried their gf's/wife's heels, but they either did not answer or answer truthfully. I find it encouraging that those questions even appeared in the poll. We just need to keep heeling!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Sounds interesting, as Steve has already stated. I'm sure that there are a lot of guys out there that would try on heels and maybe wear them in the closet. Luckily we are the pioneers of men in heels and we need to get that message out more! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Well, here are 4 of us who do not need to try on or wives heels, since we all have our own, and don't have to be "in the closet." And our wives are all OK with it... Lucky us, we are.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I actually find 28% a lot, since almost all men have bigger feet than their wives. I find it surprising that 28% would even fit in their wife's shoes. Men with a lot of shoes are still linked to homosexuality by some (most) women, that's why so many of them would turn the other way. I used to think this way too before I started heeling... I guess it's not something we can get rid of easily.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Polls are like the entertainment news programs that say a lot of things about nothing of real importance, but they're interesting to those who aren't living a life of their own because they are so involved with making sure others live the same ideals they think everyone should have. (By the way if they are talking about "me", then it is really important! :nervous: )

Polls are interesting pieces indeed but can be easily skewed just by the inflection of the pollster's voice, the location where the poll is done, and by the pollster's own bias. While 28% may seem high given the usual disparity between a woman's shoe size and that of her male partner I think it is a baseline of the truth. I think the actual figure is much higher. There are no polls on how many women have tried on their partner's jeans, tennis shoes, dress shirts, etc. it only seems to be conversation fodder for how many men have tried on women's things. If Glamour wanted to commit a flagrant act of jornalism then they could interview the sales staffs of retailers from Aldo to Macy's to Nordstrom to Target and these people would paint a picture that is hard to ignore: more men than ever are not lurking anymore in stores just content to look at women's shoes or clothing but are actually trying it on, engaging the sales staffs, and walking out of the store with the merchandise. This is reflected in many stores, all four of the above four are examples, having policies of inclusion where it concerns alternative customers. They have the occasional staff meetings about such things about how to accomodate men trying on heels, skirts, etc. They have wisely identified this evolving niche market and are courting it. Seeing is believing. HappyinHeels

I'd guess that the most of the 28% of guys who said they'd tried on their girlfriend's or wife's heels probably just did it for a laugh. Sure that's probably more open-minded than the more traditional male attitude, but it also highlights the fact that women who adopt masculine fashions are taken seriously while men who adopt feminine fashions are ridiculed. If those 28% of guys said they really enjoyed wearing heels and they'd like to wear them as part of their everyday lives (i.e. not just for a laugh), that'd bring the other statistic into play, the 70% of women who said they'd run the other way. Society simply doesn't respect femininity as much as it does masculinity, and my wearing heels as a guy is an expression of protest against that, even if it does feel futile sometimes.

Actually that 70-30 stat didn't say anything about heels specifically, it just suggested guys owning more shoes (i.e. guy shoes). I think that reflects that those 70% of women simply don't find male vanity appealing. Women are often characterised as the more vain but I think that male vanity can be far more self-centred. The general perception seems to be that a guy who wears heels will be far too self-absorbed to pay any attention to his partner, and while that's certainly often true, it's far from always being the case.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleekheels, you are right! Society should embrace femminity. I think heels and other womens clothes are awesome. Mens clothes just won't fit my body in a nice way. But society won't change! If we want to dress in a certain way, we just have to do it. Women have fought very hard to dress the way they want, we can too.