Can Pumps Be Worn In Bare Feet?

Curt

I'm asking because I have very narrow heels and seem to slip right out of pumps while walking. I've added heel liners to all my pumps. I have 6 pairs of pumps( 4 of the same ones, that have been dyed different colours, and 2 of the same in 2 different colours. They are all 4.5" heels with .75" of platform. With dress socks, my heels just pop right out. If I double my socks up, my toes will be too jammed up. And nylons are even more slippery. But I find with bare feet, there is no slippage. Would my shoes start to stink after a while? Anybody else have this problem? Most of the time I wear boots to avoid all this, but its too hot to wear boots now. Btw, my pumps are the same as my avatar picture. Ashley.

They are clearly a bit too large. Wearing them bare foot does at least make them wearable. I've done this on occasion with my pumps where I lost a shoe size along with a lot of weight.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Pumps are usually worn barefoot or with hose. Heel grips may help. I think I saw somewhere that others have packed tissue or something in the toe area to stop the foot sliding forward, leaving a gap at the heel (helps hold the heel from slipping out.

Sure - why not. I do find that if my feet are a bit damp, my toes don't always slide in right, and are not in a comfortable position. Sometimes wiggling them (if possible) get them in the right place. Sometimes it's a case of resorting back to trouser socks or some kind of hosiery.

Certainly, tho it is not my preference. Typically, if the fit is good with bare feet, the shoes will stick like a glove and won't go anywhere. If they are comfortable, yet you almost have to pry them off your feet, you know it's a good fit.

... I find with bare feet, there is no slippage. Would my shoes start to stink after a while?

To address that specific question, I've found that the more open-air the pumps are (low vamp cut and perhaps peep toe too), such that air can get to most of the foot, the better. The ones in your avatar look to be a higher vamp (more enclosed), so there is potential for that issue to happen to you. It helps if you take really good care of your feet, keep them well groomed, etc. But eventually, bacteria can/will develop in the shoe, you can help avoid that with thin moisture absorbing inserts, and swapping them out after a while.

Thanks as well! No wonder I've preferred to wear heels with thin socks. I didn't wear socks to bed last night and have a nasty itch on my right foot as a result of the moisture build-up. I am going to try some liners.

There is no right or wrong answer. Wear what ever makes you comfortable and achieves your purpose. If socks or nylons work, great, but if barefoot works better, go that route. With barefoot, your feet will not breathe as well, and your foot perspiration will not evaporate as easily, so the moisture build-up will encourage bacteria growth and when they die, they stink. You will need to wipe your shoes out more often, with mild soap and water and let them dry naturally (no heat). Don't worry about getting leather wet. It got wet quite often when it was still on the cattle it was taken from. But do expect that your shoes will smell more if you wear them barefoot. Consider talcum powder and airing out your shoes frequently during the day if you can. And beware, moisture can also encourage toenail fungus. Hope that helps. Steve

Thanks for the additional tips. My liners (footies) came in and they don't seem to be a good fit, they keep falling off the sides of my foot. I don't usually wear my heels during the day, so they do have plenty of time to dry out at least.

I can wear mine either way although my feet slide better with hosiery on which makes the feel of pump much better. As long as the weather is cool and my feet stay dry barefoot is fine. Once a bit of perspiration begins and sticking occurs they just are not very comfortable. So I usually go out in hosiery.

Thanks for the additional tips. My liners (footies) came in and they don't seem to be a good fit, they keep falling off the sides of my foot. I don't usually wear my heels during the day, so they do have plenty of time to dry out at least.

<advertising>For any guys wanting larger size footies than you can find for women, try www.activskin.com, and look for our Style A83. They come in beige and black. </advertising>

:penitent:

Steve

• 2 months later...

I like to wear my pumps barefooted. with shorts of coarse. I wear the Payless Comfortview plus pumps named Karmen there is a slight gap in the back of about a fourth of an inch, but if I went down a half size they would be way too small, the heel is about three inches so my foot does not want to pop out! In pantyhose my foot does give an indication it wants to come out but I think it would come out if I was running in them! I will give that a try tho (one day) So why not Bare legs or pantyhose. Especially around the house bare legged and shorts and my black tee-shirt comfy combination! The warmer weather has my feet alittle sticky holds my pumps on nicely.

You can certainly wear pumps with bare feet and shorts. I usually wear hosiery of some type. This time of year, summer it's mostly knee-hi's. When it's cooler i will wear thigh-hi's and panty hose with my pumps, with longer pants. If I'm wearing capris or ankle jeans it's usually bare feet. Mostly wear sandals, so I can show off my red pedi! Happy Heeling, bluejay