Running Into People You Know

LuvyourShoes

The biggest (really the only) fear I have while heeling is running into someone I know or someone who knows my family seeing me then blabbing about it. Its never happened to me because I plan my heeling trips fairly well, but I honestly dont know how Id react.. probably calm (thanks to being a member here)!!! Anyone had an unexpected run in with acquaintances while heeling? Howd it go?

I met an old friend from university while walking along a river near my apartment, wearing knee high riding boots from Marc Jacobs (women's). Not a word was said about them. We discussed old times, cars, bikes, and what happened to people we studied with. A non-event.

I run into people I know all the time. I couldn't live in heels without running into them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My family and friends all know. They thought I was a nutcase before, so there's no surprise there! I mean how many other people do you know who sell pantyhose to men? Check out www.activskin.com in case you don't know me. :penitent: Steve

I have run into a fellow I know while wearing a pair of 4" wedge knee high boots under jeans in a coffee shop. Just did the normal conversation exchange, he did not clue into that I was taller than normal, but that helped i had not seen him in some time. On other occasions I just do the normal stuff and carry on. I do not plan on drawing attention to my boots and it should go by without any issue, should someone say something about what I am wearing, will talk about boots/shoes and how I just luv em. Cause that is what happens in normal exchanges anyways. They just don't know how much happier I am! Mtnsofheels

My anecdote: I was wearing my 2" block heel knee-high boots (from Payless) at work one day when the boss decided that it was time for the entire group to go out for lunch. I regularly wore those boots and nobody had ever said anything so it was no big deal for me. Anyway, it was decided that we would have lunch at a local Japanese restaurant - that had provided separate dining rooms for groups with the traditional table almost on the floor, and shoes were removed before entering the room. So wwe get there and we're all taking our shoes off - I unzip the boots and remove them, revealing my suntan hose and painted toes. Either nobody noticed, or nobody thought it was a big enough deal to mention anything. After lunch we're leaving, and as I sit down and start to put on my boots one of my coworkers - a really nice young lady - looks at them and remarked "Nice shoes!". I responded with "Thank you! They're very comfortable." Nothing more was said. I continued to work in that group for probably 5 more years and no mention was ever made of my shoe choices - even wearing wedge sandals with bright red toes, or boots with 2" stiletto heels.

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

I've ran into people I know a few times and not much has been said, unless someone really noticed after a few hours. This was with anything from pointy toe stiletto boots under long jeans, women's flip flops, wedge loafers, etc. Same can be said for my toenail polish - although pale or nude colours, you can still tell I had it on.

I have only had one encounter. I was wearing my pointed toe 4" thrift store boots under my levis when I ran into my crewmembers sitting in the hotel lobby. No one noticed because I normally wear pointed toe cowboy boots, it really felt great.. Yes, I know, was kind of a "cop out", but still a bit of a success story for me. I agree with luvyourshoes, subconciously wish it would just happen, so I could get on with my life wearing the boots I love...

Parts of me just wants to get it over with so I can move on w my life. I think I'll eventually do just that!

Thanks for all your responses. Im checking activeskin right now! Sounds like something id like!!

Please note that there is no "e" in Activskin. It's a trademark. The web site is:

http://www.activskin.com

Steve