Finally

WisHighHeels

I finally did it. After several times of going into my local payless shoes store and trying on more then a few boots and heels I finally broke down and purchased a pair of boots. They were last years style on sale for $20.00 and fit me like a glove, which a lot of boots and heels don't do. Of course, since they were on sale, I not only had to get them, but also wear them out of the store. I continued running my errands, with shopping and stopping at Starbucks, with a lot of looks and stares, they must have heard me coming, but not one comment to my face. I also wore them to my stylist who noticed them and complimented me on them. She said they look cute with my outfit which was just a pair of jeans and layered tops. My only regret was not being able to read the minds of those who saw, who stared, and then turned away when I looked at them. Thank you all for you helping me step out and be who I am.

Would like to see some pics of your cool heels! Looks like people liked your look but were too afraid to admit to it. I'm way past the point of being ashamed of what I'm wearing! Wear them with pride.

Wasn't it great? Wearing the shoes you chose, they fit, and they were stunning. It will take a while to fully realize just how much you did accomplish by wearing your heels out of the store. Hope you have a close friend to share your heeling experience with.

Congrats! That's real spunk, wearing them out of the store and about town.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

WELCOME to the forum. There are lots of folks here that share your desire to "step out and be who I am".

Sounds like you took the really big step a while ago, "After several times of going into my local payless shoes store and trying on more then a few boots and heels". We still have a lot of folks that can't take that step.

Sounds like you had a good time out and about in your new boots and I'm sure it won't be your last outing. I'm looking foward to hearing of your further adventures (and maybe a picture of your new boots).

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

WisHighHeels, Hey welcome neighbor to our gang! That is pretty cool that you wore your purchase out of the store THE FIRST TIME you bought heels. The point is you did it and then went about your business and found that the sky didn't fall after all. Don't know where you live but Payless is always a good place to start as the staff is known to be helpful and they have locations all over the country. I live near Kenosha so enjoy shoe shopping in the Milwaukee and Chicago areas. Thanks again for sharing and PM me if you like and tell me more about yourself. HappyinHeels

WisHighHeels, Nice to read your post. I am glad that you were able to try on heels and walk out of the store with them. I love to try on heels in stores and I do it all the time. I am usually wearing heels when I go to try on heels and I usually get great service from where ever I shop at. I love DSW , Naturalizer, Aerosoles, Payless, Famous Footwear, Macy's and a lot of other shoe stores and on-line shopping too. So keep up the posts we are all behind you and your heeling 100%. Happy Heeling, bluejay