High Arches. Easier To Wear Heels?

Curt

Is it easier to wear high heels with high arches? How high a heel could I wear. I have a womens size 10, very high arches, the bones protrude thru the top of my left foot, and my calves are 13". I could probably wear some killer boots!

Is it easier to wear high heels with high arches? How high a heel could I wear. I have a womens size 10, very high arches, the bones protrude thru the top of my left foot, and my calves are 13". I could probably wear some killer boots!

I have high arches and a high instep. I took to 4" heels like a fish to water

My left foot is flat and my right foot has a low arch, not much. I can't do very high heels. My toes just don't bend enough. But I am quite content with 3 to 3 1/2 inch heels. They are a good height for easy walking, and my feet don't look too small. I don't have a desire to go higher, although I do have a pair of 4" Naturalizer Daquiri sandals with a 1/2 inch platform that's fairly easy to walk in. Steve

Naturally high arches here. Never knew comfort in footwear until high heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 5 months later...

i believe a hi arch has everything to do with ease of wearing heels. as someone that loves womans feet like i do, i have noticed how easily a womans foot tends to bend in the "hi heel" position when it is relaxed. we had a friend living with us for a while. when she sat with no shoes on and foot was pointed (not trying), she looked like a 4.5" heel was forming it that way, she has extremely hi arches. my wife does not, hi heels are a little more of a problem for her.

I too have a high arch and am very comfortable in a four-inch heel. I do have one five-inch sandal that I save for when entertaining and in my prosthetic leg. The shoe is no problem, but the pros becomes uncomfortable and I have to remove it. E

I have to agree that high arches do help when wearing heels. Mine are high and wearing heels is really no problem at all. A number of my girlfriends can't wear heels more than a few hours at a time because they are either flat footed or have very shallow arches. The main issue is finding a high heel shoe that really fits the length of your arch well. I can tell immediately after trying on a shoe whether or not it will wear well simply based on the arch length...in other words, the shoe has to bend where my foot bends! Now, I've ignored my own instincts on occasion and those shoes are the ones in the back of my closet!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I know the feeling, Debbi. Have a few pairs like that as well, awesome to look at, not so awesome in the comfort department.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I know the feeling, Debbi. Have a few pairs like that as well, awesome to look at, not so awesome in the comfort department.

I call them my "trophy shoes"...I just look at them!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I agree high arches definately help.I have high arches and have noticed that as a percentage just as meny men as women have high arches. I wear 4 to 4.5 inch heels all the time but like Debbie says, the shoe still must conform well to my arch or it will get tiresome and even painful to wear.

In addition to what I said previously, my instep, the top of my foot opposite my arch is relativiely high. It really isnt a problem, except if I wear a penny-loafer, it is very difficult to get my foot in without using a shoe horn. E

There are people with really high arches that won't even touch high heels, because of the discomfort they have experienced from this arched condition and because of the misrepresentation of the inevitable pain higher heels have become noted for. When they tried sampling heels at different times to see if they would fit properly, usually the arch support wasn't there which didn't alleviate their pain enough to warrant the expense. So they swore off wearing any height of heels and went with the types of footwear that are usually promoted by podiatists and orthopedists. These results seem to dampen their competitive fervor for an aesthetic self image, at least from the footwear perspective. I wonder if they had the chance to find the right high heels with the properly fitted arches, if they would reconsider their opinions and renew their high heeling quests?