Call of Nature...

SkirtDude

Hi I'm still getting used to heeling and am thinking of venturing out and about. Like some members here I prefer, at times a skirt. It seems awkward but what's the best way to.. well answer the call of nature when skirted? To sit, or attempt to stand when using a stall? I know I'll get double takes when I enter the men's room anyway. I was thinking of a simple denim skirt when I venture out. I did try with other materials (a grey pencil skirt, but I deleted the pix :smile: as I wasn't happy with the look) denim seems more manly, IMHO. Seems like a silly question but any advice? Kilty

Hi I think everyone feels slightly vulnerable when using a public loo. Very few people will be that interested in what you are wearing, even if it was a full size polar bear costume, they will just get on with their own lives. If anyone, say in a group of friends, wants to show off and victimise a complete stranger this could occur at anytime and for any reason, anyway; so get on with your own life and don't worry !

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Hi Kilty, Personally I say always go for the stall and just sit. Nothing would mess up your day more than being a little off the mark and getting something wet. Sure, the gents stalls are almost always less than sanitary but it's the better alternative IMO. Chris

Skirt or not, sitting seems to work better for me when I’m in 5” heels.

I was reminded of an earlier post about the first time I had to use a public facility while out in boots.

Most of the time I have used the facilities at expressway rest areas with only a few second glances.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, all I can suggest as someone who's had to use a public toilet in a movie theater while wearing a skirt is to simply go forth and take care of your business, simple as that. I know it's not, but that's the only way to go about things.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks guys... I am just getting my confidence up at the minute... A family friend saw me skirted for the first time... I just opened the door, and after her shocked expression subsided :shock: I told her I find this more comfortable. Everything else I wore was normal, just a rough sweater, denim skirt, socks... No heels as I was in the house... She was surprised I knew how to comport myself in a skirt. She giggled when I crossed my legs and the skirt rode up a little, and I tugged it down... The wife wasn't impressed, she tolerates it but makes it clear she doesn't like it... Still recent news items, such as Kanye West sporting a skirt to his latest tours "Watch the Throne" has gotten her thinking that I'm not the only guy with different tastes... She's still in shock over Lil Wayne coming out and talking about his SO... I still have my regular clothes, jeans, trousers, kilts, but it's the first time she's seen this skirt... I tell her that some 'kilts' are of a conttemporary design, such as 'pleatless', and with a slit at the back instead of the pleats... She found what she thought was a slip and was worried, but I told her it's a kilt liner... They do sell such so I was not fibbing... :smile: I sat on the loo to do my business yesterday and it felt right, and not so awkward... So thanx... I just need to learn how to stand in a skirt better, I don't want to look girly but I don't want to look wrong with my legs far apart. I've been looking at Jeff's poses, and am trying... I might put some poses in the album, tell me what you think... That's if I get the courage up. I still am worried about my pix floating out into cyberspace to potential employers and friends...

@Kilty, I'm impressed by how well you handled being 'outed' to your family friend regarding the skirt. Sounds like it went well even without your SO's support. As more folks find out and are cool about it, I imagine your wife will be too. As for your pictures being picked up online and finding their way to those who might not approve, simple fix is to remove your face from the picture, or any other defining detail. There's a myriad of free photo-editing software online or if you upload to a host like Photobucket/Picassa/etc, you get options that allow you to edit it, cut out descriptive features, etc. Looking forward to hearing more about your skirt & heels adventures in time! Chris

Thanks for your kind words, Chris. I took some new pix, take a look if you like, though I'm waiting on a new denim skirt to come through ebay... I want to hide my package a bit, but I don't want to go down the TV/TS route of taping things up :smile: but I hear that in denim it doesn't matter as the zip kinda helps. I might also get a black skirt, as darker colours suit me. I had a black kilt but it got tatty so I had to sling it...:smile:

Thanks guys... I am just getting my confidence up at the minute... A family friend saw me skirted for the first time... I just opened the door, and after her shocked expression subsided :shock: I told her I find this more comfortable. Everything else I wore was normal, just a rough sweater, denim skirt, socks... No heels as I was in the house... She was surprised I knew how to comport myself in a skirt. She giggled when I crossed my legs and the skirt rode up a little, and I tugged it down... The wife wasn't impressed, she tolerates it but makes it clear she doesn't like it... Still recent news items, such as Kanye West sporting a skirt to his latest tours "Watch the Throne" has gotten her thinking that I'm not the only guy with different tastes... She's still in shock over Lil Wayne coming out and talking about his SO...

An honest suggestion.. Have her read the forums here. Dont coach her or anything, just put her in front of the keyboard and have her read. I'm sure she will see most of us guys whom like heels and other varieties of things are ' normal ' and in some instances, better ' groomed '/mannored then most. :smile:

I still am worried about my pix floating out into cyberspace to potential employers and friends...

Never put your face or potential identifying items ( tattoos/piercing ) in any of the pictures. Leave nothing really ' identifiable '. Theres nothing wrong with such. Some of us really could care less and arent afraid to post our faces or full pictures but its quite understandable that we all would love to have our privacy respected.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

In the ancien times, the gladiators wore "skirts" didn't they ?

http://shannavi.centerblog.net/6484579-Hector-contre-Achille

And the soldiers, and everybody ... except women.

But I don't think they were sitting so often. And I don't know what they wore under...

I don't see why men have to "struggle" for their freedom to wear skirts.

In every store you find skirts with all the possible sizes, shapes, colors, and prices.

Even if you have to walk a soo long distance to reach the women section, the poll that I started a few months agos clearly said that most men and women had no shame to shop in the other gender's section.

And in fact, stores are often exposing women clothes at the entrance, and men clothes in the back. Women section are not so far away....

That is very different from heeled shoes, which are simply not manufactured in men sizes nor available at affordable prices. It slowly changes for the manufacturing, but for prices....

post-10802-133522961208_thumb.jpg

Could do... I'm still a little nervy - I'm helping the Mrs adjust to 'alternative kilts' - (skirts to to you and me :smile:) - I've explained some 'kilts' have no pleats but instead a split in the back - and not all are Tartan. She's seen my denim skirt but she wouldn't be so keen on me venturing out in it - even though denim is 'invisible' to most people...:smile: Saw a lovely tartan skirt on ebay, that's the best of both worlds, so I'll see what she makes of that :penitent:

• 2 weeks later...

My preference is to always use a stall/cubicle when I'm wearing my heels, regardless if I'm wearing trousers or occasionally a skirt, and usually sit. I'm pretty sure I leave the place cleaner than I find it. Sure the double-takes in the men's room are inevitable but fashion choice is certainly no excuse to violate the ladies' privacy. Actually I think the guys who should really be embarassed are the ones who don't bother washing their hands.

If you like it, wear it.

Oh, God, yes, definitely a stall, especially when wearing a skirt. From a logical standpoint, that's the only way to go!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!