A problem of two halves.

CRabbit

I need advice folks. I'm on the verge of doing something a bit daft, even for me. I recently came across a store that stocks shoes "in the style of" louboutin daffodil's. Now, I'm not really a fan of the idea of wearing replicas though the shoes are not trying to be a copy, only similar. No red soles, much cheaper (50£), cut not quite the same, etc. I love them. In fact I've been in love with them since I saw them in the media on the feet of several famous women. And I seriously think I'd never be able to look even half reasonable in them. I own nothing in my wardrobe that I think I could wear with them, but I love them. So I'm torn. I love them and want them, but they're not originals and might never wear them. Help! Chris

If they're just "in the style of" and not trying to be fakes then that wouldn't be an issue for me.

As for "might never wear them" and "I own nothing in my wardrobe that I think I could wear with them, but I love them", what colour were you thinking of getting? Since I started wearing my heels in public I do tend to go more for styles I would actually wear, but sometimes it's nice to slip into something glamorous even if it is just at home.

The only shoes I actually regret buying are ones that don't fit properly. Would you regret not buying them in a few months time when you can't get them any more?

If you like it, wear it.

If i loved them i would get them. Replica or not wouldn't matter to me. Lovely is lovely. :) I don't wear heels outside the house so don't really care about overall style. Only occasional wear heels at a friends house and i think that most heels go with jeans good enough. And as SleekHeels says, i have had some regrets not buying heels when i had the chance. When i went back later and they where out of stock i'm bummed out. If they fit properly, go for it i'd say! :)

"I love them. In fact I've been in love with them since I saw them.. " What are you waiting for? Who cares if they ' look like louiethebootins ' or whatever brand.. If its something you like, purchase them :)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I need advice folks. I'm on the verge of doing something a bit daft, even for me.

I recently came across a store that stocks shoes "in the style of" louboutin daffodil's.

Now, I'm not really a fan of the idea of wearing replicas though the shoes are not trying to be a copy, only similar. No red soles, much cheaper (50£), cut not quite the same, etc.

I love them. In fact I've been in love with them since I saw them in the media on the feet of several famous women. And I seriously think I'd never be able to look even half reasonable in them. I own nothing in my wardrobe that I think I could wear with them, but I love them.

So I'm torn. I love them and want them, but they're not originals and might never wear them.

Help!

Chris

Where is the shop? Do they have a website? I recently bought a pair of nude patent cheapo Lady Daf inspired shoes off Ebay for £30. They are not copies and not branded as Louboutin. I bought them as they are so ridiculous and are a good staple to have at home for future fancy dress parties... We seem to go to lots of fancy dress parties! And we always seem to play stupid 'dress up' games at home.

We have been invited to a Tina Turner fancy dress party. A leopard print dress borrowed from my girlfriend and the nude fake Dafs will be perfect.

If you like them get them. It's only money!

Here's a link to the Ebay shoes I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330604968263

CRabbit If they aren't advertised as originals or sold as, then I see no problem. Love to have/afford originals. Would not entertain expensive copies. You like these, comfortable of the price, want to get them then go for it! Benno Thanks for the link, I've seen them and thought about them previously, very tempted...............one day. Al

Usually for me, if i have to consider buying the shoes, then it's an indication that i shouldn't buy them. If i see them and dont even think twice about it, then i obviously buy them :)

I'll go with that, unless it is a lack of funds that makes me wait and then I'd be jumping until I can get back to the shop, if they are online then it's go see locally and then mumble cos they aren't in store.

Al

Well folks, thank you very much for the support. The store is an independent retailer who doesn't have a website, located in the north west. I dropped in earlier today and tried on the pumps (black version to those shown by benno) and their largest size was just too tight for me. I almost cried. I tried on a pair of thigh heigh boots in a similar style which fit my feet but wouldn't zip up. I finally tried the ankle boots again in the same style, and they fit perfectly, so I handed over my money and walked the half mile back to my car in them. I'm tempted to just buy the pumps too next week in the hope they stretch enough to give my toes some room. Thanks again for the support. Now I just need a good pair of pants to wear with them :) Chris Ps. Pics should follow in a few days.

I'm tempted to just buy the pumps too next week in the hope they stretch enough to give my toes some room.

Before I started trying on in store, I ended up with shoes in my regular size that fit a bit small and I was too embarassed to take them back and exchange them... the outcome has always been crushed toes and shoes I just don't want to wear. If it were me I'd save my money for shoes that fit and I'll enjoy wearing.

I wonder if it might just be worth asking the independent retailer to keep an eye out with their wholesale suppliers for a similar style in larger sizes... you never know, you might trigger a retail version of the story in the movie "Kinky Boots" (which for anyone who hasn't seen it is well worth watching).

If you like it, wear it.

Hi folks,

So I've worn these boots a few times now in deserted public places and though they're not really a challenge to walk in, they're a challenge to survive. The boots are branded "Bebo" - a name I've never heard of and doesn't show up on google.

The boots (as with the shoes) have a distinctive fragrance that I'm putting down to the glue used in manufacturing. It's not a repulsive smell - in fact it almost smells of strawberries - but it's not something I've come across before with more mainstream brands.

I did some digging around and came across a website that stocks the same shoes at a slightly lower price to what I paid. I can't comment on their quality but if they're just a re-brand of the same boots I bought (and I'm currently wearing with a little discomfort with the hope of a little stretching!) then my thoughts should still apply if your interested.

(online retailer is www.chockersshoes.co.uk)

The boots I purchased were the following: (clicky!)

These run small by at least a whole size. They're tight across the top of my feet and the arch feels like it makes too much contact and presses into my foot slightly too much to be 'comfortable' when sat down. My first 200meter stroll in these boots left my feet feeling like I'd broken something. They were bright red, swollen and in considerable discomfort. That effect has somewhat reduced as I've worn them more so I'm hoping it's more down to the tightness of the boots then anything else. There's plenty of padding in the them though, so as that beds in hopefully the tightness will ease off too.

As for the outer material, I've already managed to knock a tiny piece of the black coating from the tip of the left toe box and there's several small indentations where the heels have laid on the boot while in their box so I'll firmly say the plastic material isn't durable at all.

The shoes I originally went for are these : (clicky!)

The ones shown here have a red sole while the ones I tried on didn't. I tried on a size 8 (and I normally wear a 7). My toes were so crammed into the shoe box that my little toe was visibly pushing out of the shoe - you could see it's shape pushing on the side of the shoes!

Ironically, put the brand "Bebo" in Ebay and it shows up with these exact shoes with the "Bebo" branding selling for over £100. I can certainly say they're not worth that much.

I do feel slightly odd wearing them in public to be honest. The shape and size of the boots to me would suit an outfit that showed off a lot of leg and that unfortunately isn't my style. Perhaps if I was to have a night out on the town I might consider these if I had the right outfit but I certainly don't see myself doing anything other than drinking/dancing in them.

If anyone has any experience with Chocker shoes or could confirm that the version of these shoes they sell are more true to size, let me know and I might consider grabbing a pair just to say I have them :)

Chris

Before I started trying on in store, I ended up with shoes in my regular size that fit a bit small and I was too embarassed to take them back and exchange them... the outcome has always been crushed toes and shoes I just don't want to wear. If it were me I'd save my money for shoes that fit and I'll enjoy wearing.

I wonder if it might just be worth asking the independent retailer to keep an eye out with their wholesale suppliers for a similar style in larger sizes... you never know, you might trigger a retail version of the story in the movie "Kinky Boots" (which for anyone who hasn't seen it is well worth watching).

Funny you should mention that movie. It's coming on right now on IFC (Independent Films Channel).

Formally "HHDude"