Payless back on track with larger sizes (12's and 13's)

barney15c

They may be "back on track," but someone, whether it's their stockboys, managers, or just some customers, often buy them out of the larger sizes to resell them on eBay at a seriously inflated price.

Well, no wonder ... large size high heels targeting this audience have a great resale value, whether that's from Payless or from somewhere else ...

I pretty much check every other day on Payless.com if they have a new style in a large size and I know that I've got to be quick to buy them if I really want them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no wonder ... large size high heels targeting this audience have a great resale value, whether that's from Payless or from somewhere else ...

While true, if a store is out of stock on a much-desired item, they're loosing sales. It's very possible their production runs are be calculated by the same formulas for smaller-sized shoes which cater predominantly to the women's markets. Some brands get it and always have larger sizes in supply, but most run out very quickly, while the majority won't offer sizes larger than 11, possibly to avoid their heels being worn by men on the street.

I pretty much check every other day on Payless.com if they have a new style in a large size and I know that I've got to be quick to buy them if I really want them.

As do I. My favorite pair of heels of the last decade are made by Fioni, model number 92850. The day they arrived, after I'd tried them on, I wish I'd bought three more pair, as their shape actually fits well! No scrunchy little toe box, the open toe doesn't cut into my toes at the edge, and the arch actually has a shape! Most shoes and boots, even the more expensive ones, feel like you're standing on the ball of your foot and the back half of your heel, with nothing in between.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

... while the majority won't offer sizes larger than 11, possibly to avoid their heels being worn by men on the street...

Someone believes that? Maybe I'm the pessimistic one, but I think what businesses do (and here, the sizes being produced the issue) is 90%+ pure economics. If they could sell enough of a given size, I think they'd design and manufacture it. I doubt a shoe manufacturer would NOT produce a large size specifically to avoid men wearing them (and if you want to play the race card, black women, who, from locations of Payless's that carrry larger sizes, seem to have larger feet on average).

Quote: Originally Posted by kikepa View Post ... while the majority won't offer sizes larger than 11, possibly to avoid their heels being worn by men on the street... Any company that adopts a business model like that would go bust very quickly, the greenback rules, i dont think any sane business cares who they sell to.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

While true, if a store is out of stock on a much-desired item, they're loosing sales. It's very possible their production runs are be calculated by the same formulas for smaller-sized shoes which cater predominantly to the women's markets. Some brands get it and always have larger sizes in supply, but most run out very quickly, while the majority won't offer sizes larger than 11, possibly to avoid their heels being worn by men on the street.

As do I. My favorite pair of heels of the last decade are made by Fioni, model number 92850. The day they arrived, after I'd tried them on, I wish I'd bought three more pair, as their shape actually fits well! No scrunchy little toe box, the open toe doesn't cut into my toes at the edge, and the arch actually has a shape! Most shoes and boots, even the more expensive ones, feel like you're standing on the ball of your foot and the back half of your heel, with nothing in between.

I agree with your assessment of the fit for many heels, that being the feeling of being on the heel and the ball of the foot with nothing in between. I have that feeling with nearly every pair of heels I've owned, and the more pronounced it is, the more uncomfortable the shoe. It always feesl much better on the foot when there is at least some support in the arch area. I think some manufacturers are adresssing that situation in womens shoes, but it has yet to reach the point of common. I had one pair of heels with the Insolia design (you can search Insolia on the web if you're not sure what that is all about) and they did a much better job of support and weight distribution. Would have liked to see that design catch on better than it has.

RonC, I agree that a lot of heels have no arch support and are therefore uncomfortable to wear very long or walk very far. I've discovered that many of the shoes in Aerosoles line have excellent arch support (at least for me) and they have become my favorite brand of late. No insoles needed. Give them a try and let us know what you think. Steve

I was in shock when I went to my favorite Payless, and they actually had some HIGH heel peep-toe pumps in stock - in 13W! I tried them on and they are just drop-dead gorgeous! Yes, I snapped a pic with them on to share - of course!

post-29-133522974982_thumb.jpg

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 5 months later...

This one was a difficult one to find. Somehow I knew it was in here someplace. The search function did not find Payless back on track. Can you believe. Anyway I found a post somewhere else regarding some large size high heels at Payless size five to thirteen. Looks like they need to be ordered then pick them up at the store. With luck one could try them on before committing to buy. Not sure how that works with Payless but at the Funkypair store I did decline one order at no cost. They did not fit right and I decided that I did not like that model so I ordered something else rather than to reorder the first pair in the right size. So before I forget that Payless is http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10045&skuId=099508060&productId=71970&lotId=099508&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

Things are picking up again, recently bought the Brash Kosmik Platform pumps in red and black, they are gorgeous!!!

http://www.payless.c...playName=Womens

Just got these Raquel Side Zip booties by Christian Siriano too in black and leopard both on their way from the USA :)

Seen some very nice shoes and boots coming out on Payless in a 12 and 13 so very hopeful for the future...

On the flip side thought these were damn ugly...i will not be buying these despite being in my size...Ugh!

Edited by barney15c

Totally have to agree those last pair are totally damn ugly. Anyway got a theory as to how that happens. After centuries of shoe evolution getting more comfortable and more beautiful then comes the urge to be different. And when the ultimate beauty has been achieved then to be different is to be ugly.

Totally have to agree those last pair are totally damn ugly. Anyway got a theory as to how that happens. After centuries of shoe evolution getting more comfortable and more beautiful then comes the urge to be different. And when the ultimate beauty has been achieved then to be different is to be ugly.

your comment struck a chord... them boots wouldn't have looked out of place in pre revolutionary France in King Louis XIV's court, very blingy and gaudy!

Just.. insane. Not the footware, but the pricing. ' Payless ' used to be bargain type footware. 9$-30$ USD at the most. Now, its not uncommon to see some 60$ items selling on their store shelves. The items posted look to be quite nice and what the recent trends are. The Quality of their selections has improved some, but not THAT much to merit pricing doubling over a 2-3 year period.

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

your comment struck a chord... them boots wouldn't have looked out of place in pre revolutionary France in King Louis XIV's court, very blingy and gaudy!

Other than maybe RuPaul, I can't think of anyone, male or female who'd purposely take leave of their senses and wear those things! UGH!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just.. insane. Not the footware, but the pricing.

' Payless ' used to be bargain type footware. 9$-30$ USD at the most. Now, its not uncommon to see some 60$ items selling on their store shelves. The items posted look to be quite nice and what the recent trends are.

The Quality of their selections has improved some, but not THAT much to merit pricing doubling over a 2-3 year period.

Bung on a fancy designer designer sounding name and you can easily put another $20-30 on the price ;)

Barny I have the the first pair and like them I did just get the pair of boots that you ordered. For me they ran a little narrow but they got better after about 4 hours but I noticed that the back of the heel had wear after only about 40 miles of driving but I like the look

post-16522-0-76549100-1344865427_thumb.j

indeed,pickings have been sparse there lately indeed.

That's because some knucklehead, er, "entrepreneur" keeps buying up their size 12 and 13 stock and selling it on eBay for 30% more.

That ok, but Payless is too stupid to make more in the larger sizes to keep up with the demand. Their production numbers are generated by the dispersion of female foot sizes, not demand.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

That ok, but Payless is too stupid to make more in the larger sizes to keep up with the demand. Their production numbers are generated by the dispersion of female foot sizes, not demand.

Last time I knew Payless was a shoe retailer, not a shoe manufacturer.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The stock tends to vary from store to store. There is one near me that has a wider selection than most in larger sizes. The one in the mall nearest me seldom has anything larger than a size 10. If you order online for delivery to a particular store that puts them on notice to add more large sizes to that store.

The stock tends to vary from store to store. There is one near me that has a wider selection than most in larger sizes. The one in the mall nearest me seldom has anything larger than a size 10. If you order online for delivery to a particular store that puts them on notice to add more large sizes to that store.

That is really good to know. Now if I order on line they will go the Mall of Orange.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with your assessment of the fit for many heels, that being the feeling of being on the heel and the ball of the foot with nothing in between. I have that feeling with nearly every pair of heels I've owned, and the more pronounced it is, the more uncomfortable the shoe. It always feesl much better on the foot when there is at least some support in the arch area. I think some manufacturers are adresssing that situation in womens shoes, but it has yet to reach the point of common. I had one pair of heels with the Insolia design (you can search Insolia on the web if you're not sure what that is all about) and they did a much better job of support and weight distribution. Would have liked to see that design catch on better than it has.

Thank you for the info on "Insolia!" I'll look that up. :)

I'm not sure why women's shoe designers can't get it right. Perhaps women's feet are built differently from men's, but I don't think that's it, as a number of gals I've known have complained about the same issue as Ron and I are talking about. I think it might be that in general, they're just lighter on their feet than we are, so they may not notice it or complain about it as much.

Meanwhile, the best and most supportive pair of sandals I own is by A. Marinelli. The curve is perfect! I wish were into making boots...

In my area ther are 3 payless stores and they all have size 13s one of the stores has a larger selection than the other 2. One reason it is a bigger store. I have bought around 7 pairs from the stores and maybe that many that I have on line and sent to the stores. I have been asked to do a online survey and have had a reply. I also have sent a email to payless on my member site when I recived great service and then I always recived a responce. They also forward the email to the stores as a attaboy. I know that because the sales assoc. has told me thank you for the e-mail

• 3 weeks later...