Payless back on track with larger sizes (12's and 13's)

barney15c

There was a period when Payless had very little choice in the larger sizes (12's and 13's), there was some opinion that this was due in some way to the recession / credit crunch. Well it looks like things are looking up, i found 3 styles which i thought were particulary nice and all are in a US13 , i especially love the platform boots unfortunately i don't have the ready cash to buy them at the moment but i'm working on it. The two black pairs look very designer influenced. Lets hope there are more to come!!!

post-207-133522950816_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522950818_thumb.jpg

post-207-13352295082_thumb.jpg

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Beautiful shoes, Barney!! :irked: Good to see the larger sizes being catered for with good looking mid and high heels (instead of low chunky styles seemingly aimed at 50yo+ ...because apparently they're the only women with large feet)......... I wish Australian footwear retailers would get up to speed with this.

Call me Tights!

I notice several men (myself included) are on their site doing reviews and surveys. This helps them adjust their marketing tactics to suit demand, so if you see a style you like and they don't have your size shoot them an email to let them know you would buy them if they had your size.

I've found some more styles all are upto 13 except one which goes up to a 12w (grey suede overlasted pumps). The furry boots are a bit to way out for me but the rest are very nice including a very JeffB shoe (the black overlasted patent pumps) sadly Jeff no wide fitting otherwise i think they would be perfect for you. :irked:

post-207-133522950922_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522950926_thumb.jpg

post-207-13352295093_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522950932_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522950934_thumb.jpg

There was a period when Payless had very little choice in the larger sizes (12's and 13's), there was some opinion that this was due in some way to the recession / credit crunch.

Well it looks like things are looking up, i found 3 styles which i thought were particulary nice and all are in a US13 , i especially love the platform boots unfortunately i don't have the ready cash to buy them at the moment but i'm working on it. The two black pairs look very designer influenced.

Lets hope there are more to come!!!

I'm hoping this trend will continue in the cooler months, when boot sales begin.

When on the Payless site I have been asked a few times to participate in a survey, which I did. I commented that I was male, and liked the fact that Payless had larger sizes of shoes in various styles, and encouraged them to continue. I have also sent them emails with similar observations. Have never received a reply, but maybe it has had some effect. I have also noticed more larger sizes at my local stores - actually was out wearing a pair of Payless hh sandals yesterday... Are ther any other guys out here in CA that wear high heels in public? I'm looking!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

The only downside to Payless for me is that I prefer 5-6" Platform Stiletto Sandals. First off they don't really have anything that high, plus most of their platforms are pumps (Not that that's a bad thing, that's just not my #1 choice).

The day after I wrote my previous post, I was browsing at the Payless website and they axed me (again) if I would like to participate in a survey - which I did. I commented again that I am a guy who loves to wear gals shoes (sandals) and appreciate the fact that they have larger sizes. Has anyone else participated in their surveys?? sf

I went to their site after reading SF comment, and i was asked to participate in a survey, it's the second time i've done so, but the first time was so i would get a discount in my next purchase (an offer they had at the store)

No, I have never received any feed back from Payless after doing one of their surveys.... But from some of the comments posted, it looks like a message is being sent to the Payless folks.... sf

• 5 months later...

I've found some more styles all are upto 13 except one which goes up to a 12w (grey suede overlasted pumps).

The furry boots are a bit to way out for me but the rest are very nice including a very JeffB shoe (the black overlasted patent pumps) sadly Jeff no wide fitting otherwise i think they would be perfect for you. :smile:

A pity. Those pumps are quite attractive. In any event, I'm glad that Payless has begun expanding the selections in size 13. I hadn't been in the stores lately, but on this rare occasions when I had, I had been sorely disappointed in the positively woeful choices in larger sizes. Hopefully, this is changing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just remembered that over there in LosAngeles county there is a place called Compton that is famous for the local girls having respectable shoe sizes. From what I heard the Compton Payless is a crossdressors dream come true. Now as I am not into CD so much at this time this is good to know for freestyle dressing as well. One other thing when shoe shopping is many times the sales people tell me that the large sizes sell out the quickest. So I wonder why not get more in to sell.

Thought i would update the thread with what payless is offering at the moment in a US13, unfortunately not a lot of any note but these caught my eye ...i hope they are not going back to the bad old days. Love the two peep toe bootie styles but nor really into the pink and chunky sole shoes. BTW is Compton a predominantly African -American area, as i have heard that ladies from this ethnic group tend to have larger sized feet than usual????

post-207-133522972473_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522972478_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522972479_thumb.jpg

post-207-133522972479_thumb.jpg

While I have been able to find 12's at a local Payless, their new styles are trending even more toward platforms and clunky looking shoes, neither of which is my preference. While I'll stop shop there, I don;t see myself buying much based on current offerings.

I thought maybe I was the only one who didn't like anything I saw on the Payless web site lately. I'm finding that none of the Aerosoles or Naturalizer current offerings appeal to me either, and those are my favorite brands usually. Guess I'll be saving money this spring <sigh>.:wavey: Steve

While I have been able to find 12's at a local Payless, their new styles are trending even more toward platforms and clunky looking shoes, neither of which is my preference. While I'll stop shop there, I don;t see myself buying much based on current offerings.

I've noticed, looking at the offerings from pretty much EVERY shoe store, that platforms seem to be the style this spring. I don't think I've seen a non-platform heel in any store for months now...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

I've noticed, looking at the offerings from pretty much EVERY shoe store, that platforms seem to be the style this spring. I don't think I've seen a non-platform heel in any store for months now...

I agree. It is the invasion of the platform shoes!! I have to note though, that my wife gets some fashion magazines, and in flipping through them, it does appear that there might be the beginnings of a move away from the platforms, at least in dress shoes.

For me, that move can't come soon enough.

I have to note though, that my wife gets some fashion magazines, and in flipping through them, it does appear that there might be the beginnings of a move away from the platforms, at least in dress shoes.

For me, that move can't come soon enough.

YEA!!!!!:wavey:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I can only imagine Payless is simply following the example of what's trendy and popular on fashion runways in New York and Europe. I'm no fan of platforms either and look forward to more traditional shoes return to the fore.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

They may be "back on track," but someone, whether it's their stockboys, managers, or just some customers, often buy them out of the larger sizes to resell them on eBay at a seriously inflated price.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.