Adventures of SleekHeels

SleekHeels

Thanks all. My latest adventure was in my tan loafers but not with the jeans in the pic: instead I wore slightly darker denim skinny jeans and a tan waterfall cardigan over a white tshirt, and a small light-brown shoulder bag. Walking along a busy Oxford Street I got a few double-takes. I went into 3 clothes shops and was treated very courteously by the staff. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for (a pair of white cropped jeans). One pair was a good fit but too low on the waistline at the back and I really don't think the world needs to see my knickers, it's much more fun showing off my heels. post-12051-0-26070700-1368489487_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also just say no to crack. lol Nice outing, Sleekheels!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Pretty neat, SH! High heeled loafers are rather rare these days (at least to me anyway), and yours certainly look sharp.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nice looking heels, SleekHeels. They go well with your jeans. If you're looking for a pair of capri jeans just buy the regular length and have them tailored to the length you want. I do that all the time. BTW, I have several pairs of loafer pumps that I like to wear too. It's a timeless look, to say the least. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• 4 weeks later...

Adventures have been few and far between lately, but I did go to the supermarket yesterday, wearing my black wedge sandals (5" heel, 1½" platform) with dark blue bootcut jeans, white tshirt and checked shirt. I only noticed one reaction from a mature lady shopper, just that subtle "face-shoes-face" glance that's probably familiar to many of us. The highlight of the trip was another customer who was wearing red wedge sandals with a red dress and gorgeous hair. As I passed her I said "Excuse me, you look fabulous, have a lovely day!", we smiled and she said "Thanks!", and that was it. I don't even know if she noticed my heels, though I expect she did because anyone so style-conscious would have an eye for these things. In any case, it was good to spread a little joy. The next day I was browsing in a home furnishing store, wearing the same outfit but with flat sandals. I noticed another customer wearing exactly the same style of sandals, and that was a buzz even though they were just flats and not heels.

If you like it, wear it.

Well I finally got around to taking photos of the shoes from my last few adventures including the outfit I wore with the black strappy peeptoes. In the shoe photos I pulled up the jeans a bit to reveal the shoes, but I wore them with the jean length like in the outfit photo.

I am a big fan of the heeled loafer, and own 4 pairs myself, 2 in the court/pump style, and 2 that are backless mules. Those look great!

I'm also a bit envious of your hair. My own hair has just gotten too thin to wear long.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I've been having to run around in flats a lot recently, but I made up for it with my latest adventure. I wore my red peeptoe courts with 5¼" heels / 1¼" platforms. The rest of the outfit was a new black & white midi skirt and a red teeshirt under a denim jacket. post-12051-0-86347800-1376437053_thumb.j I guess there must be something about red because it was quite eventful as heeling adventures go, even to the point that some of the glances I attracted seemed to be tinged with a little shoe-envy! At the cafe a lady held the door open for me as I was carrying my coffee filled to the brim. I said "Thanks, that makes it a bit easier for me not to spill my coffee wearing these shoes!". She smiled back in what seemed a very genuine way, which I hope is because I was dressed in a way that's respectful of femininity. In any case, I only mention it to show that it was a very normal interaction and that a guy in heels doesn't have to evoke some kind of circus freak-show reaction. I hope that gives some confidence to those feeling uneasy about taking their first steps out in heels. Later at the same cafe, as I passed a table I unexpectedly got an "I love your shoes!" from a petite young lady perched on a high chair. I replied "Thank you, I love yours too" as she was wearing some fabulous light brown peeptoes, and we both angled our feet slightly as if to compare the heights of our heels, which were pretty similar. It's great to encounter someone who enjoys their heels, that seems like quite a rarity these days. I saw one young lady wearing a fabulous pair of black strappy heels, As we passed each other I smiled and said "nice shoes!" and got a rather cautious "thank you" - maybe I just caught her by surprise, because they definitely looked like heels that should feel fabulous to wear, and she seemed to walk very confidently and gracefully in them. Finally, later in the day, a lady whispered "I like your shoes" as she took a seat next to me. It was in a quiet communal study area so we couldn't really talk, but I whispered back a polite "thank you". A day like that seems to confirm the "magic power" of red heels!

If you like it, wear it.

Nice looking red heels, SleekHeels. Yes, the "power of red", I will definitely second, that. I like to wear red heels too. Mine are pumps and block heel sandals, but I like your peep toes very much! Thanks for the post and your pic too. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Well done, SleekHeels! The boldness you displayed by wearing red shoes was tremendous! I envy you great for having had the nerve to do what you did! The fact that you got compliments meant you presented a sharp image, and that people were indeed attracted to your shoes. Bravo, my friend!

I also agree that with all the positive comments you must have presented a very positive image. Would love to see the entire outfit. I too have red pumps which I just love!! Never had a bad comment from the women other than my one trip to the barber shop. Only the I love your shoes comments.

Thanks guys, it's always interesting to relate my experiences with those of others. I'll post a pic of the whole outfit next time I get the chance to take some photos.

Well, I'll certainly look forward to seeing the whole outfit. It might give me an idea or two for a future ensemble. Heck, I might even take a gamble and invest in a pair of red heels. It takes a great deal of boldness to wear red shoes, so I admire you for what you did on your outing, I hope I can emulate your success.

Jeff, here are some pics of the outfit: post-12051-0-40033100-1376958468_thumb.jpost-12051-0-85437900-1376958475_thumb.j While it did feel quite bold to wear red, to me it feels almost as bold to wear white. There seem to be lots of splashes of very bright neon colours at the moment. In the store where I bought the skirt it was displayed with a neon pink top and it was a very effective combination. Also here are a couple of pics from my most recent outing: post-12051-0-55641800-1376958483_thumb.jpost-12051-0-08205800-1376958495_thumb.j These are some of my earliest heels that I still own. I bought them from Faith shoes back in the mid 1990's. They seemed quite high back in those days, but at 3¾" they're probably some of the lowest heels I own. The heels have a nice tapered shape which I like. post-12051-0-31321700-1376960094_thumb.j The outfit, and especially the heels, got some glances. There were no positive comments (which would've been nice) but no sniggering either. I hardly saw anyone else in heels, though I did compliment someone on her hat.

If you like it, wear it.

Jeff, here are some pics of the outfit:

post-12051-0-40033100-1376958468_thumb.jpost-12051-0-85437900-1376958475_thumb.j

While it did feel quite bold to wear red, to me it feels almost as bold to wear white. There seem to be lots of splashes of very bright neon colours at the moment. In the store where I bought the skirt it was displayed with a neon pink top and it was a very effective combination.

Hey there, SH! Very interesting indeed! I like that outfit! It's ironic that you consider white to be bold which I've worn from time to time, but I feel that way about red. Heh!

Thanks for your comments guys. More adventures this week, and a passing tourist kindly took this "out-and-about" photo of me. post-12051-0-42905400-1377125546_thumb.j This dress and jacket is a summer outfit I've been wanting to try for a while, and I was really excited to match it up with my new wedge sandals. I was called "sir" by the cashiers at a sandwich shop and a cafe, which I like because it means the "guy in heels" message is getting across. Other than that just a couple of brief glares from upper-middle-aged women tourists, who I can only presume were jealous that I was basking in femininity while they slopped around in their leisure wear! I usually get my most positive reactions from well-dressed women who are confident and whose femininity doesn't feel the slightest bit threatened by something as trivial as a guy in heels.

If you like it, wear it.

Hey sleekheels, looking really good! I love the dress. And the wedges, I'm crazy for wedges lately. You are right about compliments from fashionablee women, I get it all the time. The worst ones are the old people in the mall, or the teenage girls.

Bravo, SH! Bravo! That dress looks great! Ditto for the shoes! You certainly displayed a considerable amount of boldness for wearing such a delightful outfit. Well done, my friend!

Thanks for the positivity, it makes up for the distinct sense of isolation that day as most people seemed very evasive. That's something I've perceived as I've gained confidence in presenting an overall look. It seemed easier for people to digest when I just wore heels with a more androgynous look of bootcut jeans and a shirt.

The statue is at St Pancras train station in London and is called "The Meeting Place" by sculptor Paul Day. You can find lots of pictures on the internet, search for "St Pancras statue" on Google images. It's an irresistible spot for a heeling photo and I've passed by there once before: http://www.hhplace.o..._80#entry300722

Jeff, the fact that you're approaching your 200th jaunt has been most inspirational. Thank you.

If you like it, wear it.

Almost always a UK7. If a shoe is so narrow that I'd have to go up to a size 8, they're usually too long so I don't buy the 8's or the 7's, but I have occasionally bought an 8 if the fit is good. I always try on in store so there's never any doubt. Some 7's even feel a little too big after prolonged wearing, but there's absolutely no way I'd go down to a size 6, they're too small.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for your comments guys. More adventures this week, and a passing tourist kindly took this "out-and-about" photo of me.

post-12051-0-42905400-1377125546_thumb.j

This dress and jacket is a summer outfit I've been wanting to try for a while, and I was really excited to match it up with my new wedge sandals. I was called "sir" by the cashiers at a sandwich shop and a cafe, which I like because it means the "guy in heels" message is getting across. Other than that just a couple of brief glares from upper-middle-aged women tourists, who I can only presume were jealous that I was basking in femininity while they slopped around in their leisure wear! I usually get my most positive reactions from well-dressed women who are confident and whose femininity doesn't feel the slightest bit threatened by something as trivial as a guy in heels.

Wow,you look great! :thumbsup:

More adventures this week with my brown strappy wedges (4" heel even though it doesn't look like it, maybe due to the small ½" platform). I bought them from River Island maybe 8 years ago. Worn with my new short white denim pencil skirt (which lived up to it's name, feeling nice and snug when climbing stairs), brown vest under a white & brown checked shirt. I accessorized with a brown woven leather belt, necklace, shades, and small brown shoulder bag. post-12051-0-66110100-1377736507_thumb.jpost-12051-0-49831200-1377736515_thumb.jpost-12051-0-65847900-1377736525_thumb.j I got a nice compliment from a lady in the queue at a cafe, and exchanged big smiles with a couple of passers-by (young ladies) during the day. A cashier at a snack shop asked if I was going to a party, to which I replied "No, I'm just enjoying a nice summer's day". She was very friendly, as was the stranger who I asked to take the first of the above pics.

If you like it, wear it.