Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I was out yesterday going to a Michales’ Arts/Crafts store and Sams wearing the high wasted jeans and the cropped denim jacket over a camisole and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. Didn’t raise an eyebrow at either place.

StormClaw - I appreciate your situation. You might consider a pair of thigh boots with flat or low heels. They are almost as much fun.

Shafted – Indeed it was a fun outing that I will remember for a while.

DProud2700 – The boots were out of my price range to but I thought it was worth noting that they were marketing thigh boots with stiletto heels to guys. Unfortunately I have not found another web page that links to this page. The only way I found it was a Google search.

JeffB - To borrow your sentiment about “great minds thinking alike”… It was just a comfortable way to dress and I thought it kind of looked good also.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB - To borrow your sentiment about “great minds thinking alike”… It was just a comfortable way to dress and I thought it kind of looked good also.

Couldn't agree more. Makes me wonder why I hadn't thought of this years ago. Now I can't imagine wearing else BUT women's clothes on my outings. I also agree that women's wear fits me well and looks good to boot.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Couldn't agree more. Makes me wonder why I hadn't thought of this years ago. Now I can't imagine wearing else BUT women's clothes on my outings. I also agree that women's wear fits me well and looks good to boot.

"...to boot?" Excellent pun!

Steve:wave:

"...to boot?" Excellent pun!

Steve:wave:

Hmm! That pun just occurred to me! Gosh! I'm brilliant! :)

I went to a Blues concert last night in Oxford Ohio. This is a really neat community of well educated people (home town of Ohio's Miami University). I went wearing a blue/white stripped dress shirt, jeans and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. On the way to Oxford, which is about an hour drive, I was stopped at a stop light and a guy ran into the back of my car. I pulled off the road out of the traffic and got out to check for any damage. Seeing none, I waved him back to his car and got back into mine and drove on to Oxford. I was wearing my boots all this time and didn't think a thing about it. I was one of the first to arrive and took a seat in the center of the front row. My friend Lisa B. was one of the performers and gave me a nice hug when I walked in. She was wearing a pair of black fabric knee high boots with a 2" stiletto heel. The shafts had been embroidered with a fancy pattern in red, green, and yellow. I gave her a "nice boots" comment and she said she had gotten them in Rabbithash Ky. (there really is such a place). A well to do husband and wife sat next to me on one side and asked me about my boots in a very positive manner. The lady offered that she could no longer wear heels and marveled at the fact that I could (but not that I did). The lady sitting on my other side recognized me for other concerts and complemented me on the deserts I had brought to the dinner at those conceres. The concert was great and a good time was had by all. After the show I chatted with Lisa and her husband for a few more minutes then headed home. :)

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I had a most interesting afternoon but I’ll get there in a minute. This morning I was cutting grass wearing a long blue T-shirt, a blue denim short skirt and trainers. The house next door has been unoccupied for several months and is on the market. I noticed that someone had taken the central air conditioner apart and stolen the copper evaporator core. I called the police and the realtor and waited for the plaice to come by to make a burglary report. The officer made one glance at the skirt and then went on about his business. When I got back inside I crashed for a few minutes but decided I still wanted to be out and about a little more and I wanted a different top than the T-shirt. I put on a bright red T-shirt, a blue denim micro skirt and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos and headed over to my favorite thrift emporium. I started looking around when a middle aged black lady commented, “Ooh look at those boots!” I thanked her for the comment and she continued, “You’re really working them.” I tool that as a complement and gave her a big smile. She had two daughters with her and the older one asked me where I had gotten them, her mom also seemed interested. I told them I had found them on the web and they were between $80 and $100 dollars. As they started to walk away, the younger daughter said, “I like your heels.” They were buying clothes and I thought this was too good an opportunity to pass up so I said, “Excuse me but I’m looking for a different top than this red T-shirt to go with this outfit, would you have any suggestions?” The lady asked me what Look I was going for and we settle in on a casual look with the skirt and boots. The older daughter pulled out t top and held it up in front of me for the others to consider and they all decided it looked great. It was a sleeveless shirt that had a flared hem. I pulled out t pink knit with a square neck opening and ¾ length sleeves. They thought I should get it because of the great price but that it wouldn’t go with the boots. I thanked them for their help and was starting to see an outfit in a completely different light. I wandered around a bit and found an off white short pleated shirt then I found a white satin short sleeved top that was somewhat translucent. A few minutes later I ran into the same folks again and asked them what they thought of my selections. They thought the skirt was really cute and the top would be great with my boots. I headed to the register then out to my car where I changed into the skirt and white top. I was wearing a black camisole and it looked nice with the translucent top. I went back into the store and picked up a pair of black leather slacks which I had seen earlier and passed up. I don’t need another pair of leather slacks but for $1.50 it was too much to pass up. I really started to see myself in a different light. I didn’t have on a stitch of male clothing and the outfit I had on was much more feminine than I normally wear. The biggest thing I noticed was the mental shifting of gears that let me really enjoy the image I was presenting. I stopped in St.Vincent DePaul which meant I had to walk about a half a block on the main street of the town and I didn’t feel like I was doing out of the ordinary (take that statement with a grain of salt). I didn’t get a big rush, rather I felt comfortable even though I knew I was presenting a very different mage for me. The clerks in the store didn’t bat an eye. I walked back to my car and headed for a Goodwill in a nearby strip mall. Here I had to walk across a large parking lot to get to the store. In the store I took my time and looked at lots of stuff. I tried on a skirt and finally selected a sleeveless denim jacket that I think will look good with the denim short or micro skirt. A couple of guys in the store gave me a second look but that was it. I walked back out to my car and what I had done really started to sink in. I was out as a guy wearing thigh boots and some very feminine clothing, feeling very comfortable, and in fact enjoying it. I also know that tomorrow I may look back on this and not understand it at all. Oh well… one day at a time. :)

Another great outing from the sounds of it. Kinda make you feel bullet proof doesn't it?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Bravo to you on your latest outing, TBG! I've also been complimented by black women while out and about in thigh boots. I guess they know good style when they see it, regardless of what gender happens to be wearing it. HA! But isn't it a tad too hot in your neck of the woods for thigh boots right now? I wouldn't even think of wearing mine as it's been in the upper 80's for the last several days.

(quote: thighbootguy) I walked back out to my car and what I had done really started to sink in. I was out as a guy wearing thigh boots and some very feminine clothing, feeling very comfortable, and in fact enjoying it. I also know that tomorrow I may look back on this and not understand it at all.

Oh well… one day at a time.

First, congratulations on your latest outing. In regards to your comments above, those of us who wear high heels and high heeled boots in public know that with our footwear, we also want to wear what is most comfortable to us with our high heels. Maybe I haven't been out-and-about in high heels as much or as long as you and say, JeffB, but I still look back on all of my outings and the outfits I have worn and I still get that tingle of excitement and satisfaction. But you are so right that comfort is so important.

Thighbootguy, that sounds like great day, The interaction you described in the shop is definitely something I aspire to, and it sounds like a very natural and positive experience: I'll certainly look out for opportunities to do that. The outfit with the white pleated skirt, black camisole and translucent top sounds like a very pretty and stylish combination with your boots. It's good to know that even for experienced heelers that sense of discovery is still there, and rather than feeling like there's one huge before/after leap to be made, there is a blur of before/after moments that give a sense of integration and completeness rather than feeling torn apart.

If you like it, wear it.

Yesterday was for shopping and the Museum.

I went to Kroger (super grocery) wearing the new pink knit top with the square neck and ¾ length sleeves, the off white pleated short skirt, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stiletto heels. The only hesitancy was the question, “Do I want to present myself like this again?” I wanted to be sure the last time out wasn’t a fluke so I decided to have another go at it.

As I was walking across the parking a middle aged women (white with kids) made eye contact with me and said, “Now there is something you don’t see everyday.” I don’t think that was a positive statement but I wasn’t sure so I just returned a smile and kept going. In the store I headed to the pharmacy and picked up a prescription without fuss or ado and walked back to my car.

The nest stop was Sam’s where I parked far enough away to have a nice walk into the store. I did notice that other than my boots, I was dressed similar to at least half the people I saw, although most were wearing shorts rather than a skirt. Sam’s was a non event. Since I had perishables I headed home.

The temperatures were in the low 80s F (28C or 300K) and I resorted to using the A/C in my car. I don’t normally use it because it is like dragging a boat anchor with my little car and the mileage noticeably suffers. But even as warm as it was I did not find walking outside with my boots to be uncomfortable and inside the stores was air conditioned. The short skirt was noticeably very comfortable.

So why wear boots in this warm weather? Wearing them empowers me to wear anything else. I'm still not comfortable wearing pumps. If I'm using my boots as a crutch, well so be it. It works for me.

I headed to the museum wearing a black camisole, the sleeveless denim top, denim shorts, and my boots. The top buttons all the way up the front bit I only fastened the bottom three buttons.

The drawing group was not meeting so I was on my own. I grabbed a stool and started sketching. It seemed like everyone in the museum (slight exaggeration) was interested in what I was doing. A guy and his girlfriend came through and he commented, “I like your boots.” I thanked him and we talked about the painting from which I was working.

Another group came through and one of the ladies asked about my sketch and we chatted about the sketch and the picture. She asked if she could take my picture and I said, “Sure, why not.” Then next thing I knew where were flashes going off. It seems like everyone in the group wanted a picture. She also wanted a picture of my sketch. Now with a well documented encounter, they were off to another gallery.

The guy that liked my boots came back and asked if he could take a picture. I told him, “Sure and thanks for asking first.”

A family came through and two of the kids were carrying sketch pads. The youngest boy was fascinated with what I was doing. I have mentioned that I normally don’t like to be around kids when I’m dressed because you never know how the parents will react, but these parents were glad the kid was talking to me and joined in the conversation. The kid showed me his work and I offered a nice critique. I drew a quick sketch of a ball in a corner to show him how to make an object round by shading it. He and the parents seemed happy about the attention I was giving him. I headed for another gallery and the kid came in and showed me his version of the sketch.

I headed to a different part of the museum and started working on a landscape when another kid with a sketchpad and his parent came by and asked me what I was drawing and we talked about drawing in general. There was a young lady sketching a status in the same gallery. When she finished I asked to see the sketch (very nicely done) and pointed out a picture from which she could learn subtle shading. She seemed to appreciate the tip.

When I had finished, I headed out of the museum and encountered a wedding party that had just come in. The museum is a very popular place for weddings. There was one young lady dressed in a short black dress with black pumps with 4” stilettos. The image she presented was extraordinary. She noticed my boots and we exchanged a smile as we passed.

All in all a fine outing.

:)

roniheels sleekheels

Shafted and JeffB - Thanks for the comments. I think heeling is like many other experiences, you never know all there is to know about it. Its the act of discovery that keeps us going.

-------------------------------------------------------

I was cursing the web and found a couple of sited that offered an interest perspective on wearing women’s clothing that are different then the normal cross dressing fair you normally find.

Why It's A Big Deal When Men Wear Women's Clothes In Public

Men wearing girl's or womens clothes

Thighbootguy, you are at the museum alot sketching. I think that people probably accept you as the artsy guy in stiletto thighboots. I think that the average art museum goer probably has an appreciation for anyone out of the ordinary in a good way. Lets face it the type of person that would give us grief for wearing what we want probably would not be hanging around in an art museum. They would probably think a beer stained t-shirt is art.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

That's one of the reasons the are museum is one of my favorite heeling locations. I also find sketching to be a great hobby.

Thighbootguy, you are at the museum alot sketching. I think that people probably accept you as the artsy guy in stiletto thighboots. I think that the average art museum goer probably has an appreciation for anyone out of the ordinary in a good way. Lets face it the type of person that would give us grief for wearing what we want probably would not be hanging around in an art museum. They would probably think a beer stained t-shirt is art.

I go to our city's art museum on a regular basis wearing 5" high heels with my men's clothing. The people who work there are used to seeing me there on a regular basis and they are very cordial to me. Patrons might give me a look, but they are there to view the art so nothing more is expressed or said.

I was cursing the web and found a couple of sited that offered an interest perspective on wearing women’s clothing that are different then the normal cross dressing fair you normally find.

Why It's A Big Deal When Men Wear Women's Clothes In Public

Men wearing girl's or womens clothes

It's interesting that the poll (the second item) does not include any footwear in the list of female clothing from which men are asked to choose the items they have worn. I wonder why footwear was omitted - it must be one of the easiest things (apart from, say, a hat) to try on out of curiosity or opportunistically.

That's one of the reasons the are museum is one of my favorite heeling locations. I also find sketching to be a great hobby.

Do you feel that you sketch differently wearing your boots, compared to if you just wore regular (boring) guy shoes instead?

If you like it, wear it.

TBG: Museums sounds like a highly interesting place to go on a jaunt. I might have to try that myself sometime in the future!

TBG: Museums sounds like a highly interesting place to go on a jaunt. I might have to try that myself sometime in the future!

Jeff,

I encourage you to do so. Not only are the exhibits beautiful, but the fact you can go to a place and wear whatever you want and no one really pays that much attention to you. And the peacefulness of the museum is relaxing. My very first experience at our art museum was a little distressing for me because I was still too self-consious about the sound my stiletto heels made on the marble floor and the attention I was receiving. Now, I walk proudly (clicking all the way) through the museum.

Sleekheels - That an interesting question. I don't remember the last time I was at the museum and not wearing my thigh boots. I have noted here that I think my creative traits come from my feminine side and that is the side I'm flaunting when I'm wearing my boots. However, I don't think that I would not be able to draw if I were wearing my boring guy shoes. (Sorry about the double negative.) It is easier to sketch with my thigh boots on because I can use the top cuff of the right boot to hold pencils.

JeffB – Another reason for going to the Cincinnati Art Museum is that a local foundation picks up the admission fee so it is free to the public.

Jeff,

I encourage you to do so. Not only are the exhibits beautiful, but the fact you can go to a place and wear whatever you want and no one really pays that much attention to you. And the peacefulness of the museum is relaxing. My very first experience at our art museum was a little distressing for me because I was still too self-consious about the sound my stiletto heels made on the marble floor and the attention I was receiving. Now, I walk proudly (clicking all the way) through the museum.

Many thanks for the information. Sounds like a great deal of fun! Now I just know I'll have to give a museum a try in the future!

I have noted here that I think my creative traits come from my feminine side and that is the side I'm flaunting when I'm wearing my boots.... It is easier to sketch with my thigh boots on because I can use the top cuff of the right boot to hold pencils.

And who says high heels aren't practical? I never thought of that with the pencils - most ingenious!

I'm sure the combination of calmness and excitement (sure that would sound like a contradiction to someone who doesn't know) from wearing heels would have an effect on my mood (alpha/beta brainwaves, endorphins, etc) and, exactly like you say, it doesn't have to be the passive/submissive stereotype but can be something dynamic like creativity and expression. It's great that you have such positive interactions with other museum-goers.

If you like it, wear it.

I’ve just had a fine day out and about and contrary to what JeffB says, 90F (32C) is not too hot to wear thigh boots.

The morning started with a trip to a nail salon that I had never been to before. I went in wearing a pink knit top with a square neckline and ¾ length sleeves, denim shorts and black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos. I signed in and had to wait about 40 minutes. A couple of the patrons gave me a second glance but that was it. I had the four nails I use to play guitar redone.

The next stop was for gas at a pay at the pump station. I traded the shorts for an off white pleated short skirt. I don’t think anyone notice me at all.

The next stop was PetsMart for some cat food. The folks there know me well and were glad to see me back again.

The next stop was Sam’s where I tool my time and browsed the whole store. Two middle aged black ladies gave me “Nice boots” comments independently of each other. Having perishables in the car I headed back home.

I have two knee high boots with a broken shank. I have been hunting for a cobbler that could repair them for me. I started calling around and found a shop in Cincinnati that said they would try so I put my shorts back on and headed over. I didn’t know the neighborhood and thought the skirt might be too much.

I got there and had to walk about t block to get to the shop. The cobbler was in the back when I walked in and when he came around the partition, I had my back to him and he said, “What can I do for you mam?” When I turned around and told him I had called about the boots with a broken shank, he didn’t miss a beat and started looking at them. A lady came into the store and I told him I wasn’t in a hurry and he could wait on her. He put a couple of plates on the heels of her flats. I mentioned to her how scarce cobbler shops were becoming and she agreed with me but noted there was another one just up the street. Anyway the cobbler said he could repair my boots and I told him I’d be back next weekend.

On the way home I stopped in a Payless and tried on several pair of shoes. They had a multi strap sandal with a 4” heel in a 12 that fit reasonably well. I just done have anywhere to wear them.

Next door the Payless was a Burlington Coat Factory and I wandered through the shoe department but found nothing.

Heading back towards home I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium. As soon as I walked in, two middle aged black ladies started Oooin and Ahhing about my boots. One took my hand and turned me around so she could get a better look at them. They asked where I had gotten them and we chatted for a minute.

The next stop was a WallGreen’s drug store but they were out of the item I wanted so I headed for another store where they had the item in stock. The folks at neither store seemed to even notice my boots.

All in all I was out running around for about five hours. I had a grand time.

:)

SleekHeels –

I do know that the guy that sits at his desk all week (even though he wears heels at work) is not the same guy that run around museums, goes shopping and goes to concerts wearing thigh boots. The guy at work is quite reserved where the guy in thigh boots is quote outgoing. Another contrast is the guy at work does not maintain a protective shell while the guy in thigh boots does. Derogatory comments made to then guy in thigh boots bounce right off but would seriously bother the guy at work. I have noticed that over time the two guys have picked up traits from one another and a more interesting character is evolving.

What a great day, thighbootguy! Such wonderful responses from those women.

I agree with Shafted. Black women of a certain age do indeed have great taste in footwear. Thigh boots when it was 90, eh? Was the humidity low, otherwise, it still sounds too hot for them to me!

Thighbootguy,

Great outing and I am glad you have found a cobbler that can repair your boots. I have been lucky to have a shoe repair shop that knows me by name and has been able to repair any high heels that I have brought to them.

I also enjoyed your analogy to SleekHeels. I can definitely relate to Ron, the office worker, and roniheels, the carefree man-about-town-in-high heels. Yes, I have changed attitudes in both environments based on my professionalism and public heeling.

Thanks for sharing your latest outing.

I do know that the guy that sits at his desk all week (even though he wears heels at work) is not the same guy that run around museums, goes shopping and goes to concerts wearing thigh boots. The guy at work is quite reserved where the guy in thigh boots is quote outgoing. Another contrast is the guy at work does not maintain a protective shell while the guy in thigh boots does. Derogatory comments made to then guy in thigh boots bounce right off but would seriously bother the guy at work. I have noticed that over time the two guys have picked up traits from one another and a more interesting character is evolving.

I guess maybe you find an outlet in creating the contrast through your more extrovert taste in boots, while I find that outlet in the sense of integration I get from my more conservative heeling. Either way like you say "a more interesting character is evolving" and we all find our equilibrium in different ways.

If you like it, wear it.

I was out and about again Sunday. The temperature was in the 90sF (32C) but the humidity wasn't too high which is not typical of Cincinnati. The first stop was at the Guitar Center. I went in wearing a black short sleeved thin T-shirt, denim shorts, a denim sleeveless top with the two bottom buttons fastened, black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. I really like the look of the sleeveless denim top with the boots. I walked in and was greeted warmly by the staff who are starting to recognize the guy in boots. I headed for the "better" guitar room and played a couple of instruments. The room has two high stools and I sat on one and propped my foot on the lower rung of the other one. For some reason nothing sounded really good. It might have been my playing, or my new nails, or just the instruments that were on display that week. I'll pay a lot more attention to the "why" question next time. I went out to the front and made another payment on my Martin, which is in lay-away. The next stop was Sam's. I changed the denim shorts for a denim micro skirt and walked into the store from a distant parking spot. The micro skirt was not appropriate for the Guitar Center because it is difficult to sit in the skirt and still be decent. I took my time and browsed the isles. I got a few glances, but that is to be expected. The outfit is physically very comfortable, and I was mentally very comfortable wearing it. I'm starting to understand what a gal must feel like wearing an outfit like this. I took the long walk back to my car and having perishables that needed refrigeration, I headed home. After putting everything away, I changed the micro skirt back for the shorts and headed to the Museum. At the museum I sit on a low folding stool so the micro skirt was out of the question. I spent over an hour with the drawing group and just had a good time. On the way home I stopped in my favorite thrift emporium and I changed back into the micro skirt. As JeffB pointed out, black women of a certain age have great taste in footwear, and one of them gave me a "Nice boots" comment and asked where I had gotten them. We chatted for a minute and bid each other a good day. I spotted a pair of tall brown ankle boots with a 4" block heel in a 13W for $5. I'm wearing them now as I write this. They are a PayLess product and I have a black pair in 12M that I have been wearing to work for over a month. I took my time and browsed through the rest of the store. No one seemed particularly bothered by a guy in a micro skirt and thigh boots shopping the isles. One lady did comment that, "You should dress any way you want to. This is America and you can dress any way you like." I didn't want to dissuade her from the notion that I could dress like this anywhere in America even though I know there are LOTS of places where people wouldn't tolerate a guy in a skirt and/or boots. All in all it has been a fun weekend and I'm surprised at how comfortable I have become wearing thigh boots and a micro skirt (and this coming from a guy that isn’t comfortable wearing pumps, go figure). :)

That must be one awesome pair of ankle boots to tempt your knees to see daylight! :) Seriously though, where are ankle boots on the spectrum between thighboots and pumps for you... I mean would you wear them confidently in public (asides from under long trousers)? The denim with the black boots sounds like a great look, and it's especially inspiring that the shorts/skirt decision was nothing to do with inhibitions but just the practicalities of what you were doing.

If you like it, wear it.

TBG: Congrats on your latest outing. As always, reading your exploits are very interesting and entertaining for me. I guess that low humidity in your neck of the woods makes wearing thigh boots when it's 90 a good deal easier that it would here, which is why I have to wait until September to wear mine. It was good to have read that you encountered a forward thinking person like that woman you met who appreciated your taste in clothing, it's not often that you, or me or any fashion freestyler might meet such openminded people, but when we do, it's a wonderful moment. Meanwhile, I can't help but find it mildly humorous that you're more comfortable in thigh boots than in pumps while I'm often the opposite. Heh!