Negative comments.....

Crazyewok

fEW TIMEs I HEELED out and about AROUND OTHERS, for some reasons the direct comments (someone approching and saying to you direclty) were nice so far. But indirect comments, I felt out of place and maybe trying to understand the situation but not judging or making fun at. I had different experiences with comments around the world, even in China many years ago, on halloween in Hong Kong for some luck i was attending to a conference on that country and they are celebrating big time the halloween as in the US, every body dresses up etc, I felt by going ahead and buying my self a pair of high tigh 5inch boots as i didnt brought mine with me, i had to try them at the store, it was a sex store, and the lady was so nice and helpful and told me very beautiful!! and very excited to see me standing and being able to walk, even a guy that was browsing around in his late 50's he smiled and say something in chinese, maybe nice or something. i decided to buy them just because it was a nice moment and very understandable as Halloween night was in some hours that day. One negative comment was another Halloween night at the states in Texas, i decided to go dressed as a witch with all black gown and messy black wig etc, i went out from my hotel and decided to walk all the way to down town on my high heels, a truck approach and some teens shouted " freak" i just throw them a stone to their car and impacted with huge noise they stopped and reconsider to came back i started to shout at them and raising a finger etc, they left with the noisy tire sound. f**em! Those are all my high lights

V. Morpho

One negative comment was another Halloween night at the states in Texas, i decided to go dressed as a witch with all black gown and messy black wig etc, i went out from my hotel and decided to walk all the way to down town on my high heels, a truck approach and some teens shouted " freak" i just throw them a stone to their car and impacted with huge noise they stopped and reconsider to came back i started to shout at them and raising a finger etc, they left with the noisy tire sound. f**em!

You are lucky they did not come back and attack you. As JeffB says you need to ignore negative comments.

• 5 months later...

I've never had any directly negative comments toward me. In almost 20 years of off-and-on wearing skirts and heels in public, I have heard 2 separate giggles, 1 "Oh my God," 1 negative comment behind my back about my gait in heels (which was earned; my ankle was giving me a hard time that day); and 1 woman who was excitedly talking to someone on the phone and mentioned a bit too loudly the "man wearing a skirt" who just passed her. Except for the comment about my walking in heels, I don't consider the rest negative, but rather verbalized surprise.

Hi, I too have been wearing skirts and heels for literally years- and all day at least half the week on average. Sure I have had some negative reactions (and I still get them) - often the giggle or initial response of disbelief of seeing me, usually only expressed openly if the observer is amongst a group themselves. That said though I struggle to remember specific details of negative comments because they are so few and far between. I don't look at these as 'negative' just as human nature. In quite a few cases I've subsequently ended up talking to these people and they find out I'm not bad a chap anyway and all is well. As said previously I really believe its about confidence, I know I was more vulnerable to a negative experience when I first started wearing heels openly - and I certainly wore far far more conservative and discreet outfits than I do now. If you are completely comfortable doing what you're doing and this is obvious to those you encounter then problem solved. I think its a case of being bold - starting with what you are comfortable with and building up from there. Make sure you look good as well and this will give you confidence. You do need to put effort in to make sure you look good. Logically then there is less to criticise as well. Enough from me Cheers Heel-Lover

The ultimate goal would of course be to wear a skirt or dress for work.

Going one further would be wearing whatever the heck we chose to wear simply because it's more comfortable to wear than what we're wearing now.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I think I've had 2 or 3 negative comments in nearly 50 years of street heeling, the last one was probably 30 years ago. All were from behind, from the 15-20 year old age range, and never from someone who was not in a group.

I've had several compliments over the years, mostly from women, but a couple from men including someone who wanted to know where he could get a pair. He was surprised when I told him they were women's, but remained interested.

Curiously, the black clogs in the photo below have attracted the most disapproving stares, all from 20-30 year old males. Maybe it's because they're noisy and noticed more often.

The heeled "work boots" have one fun story attached. I wore them into a local convenience store and was spotted by a group of late teen males that were hanging around. One giggled, pointed, and said "Look!" Teenage boy #2 said, "Cool," and #3 seemed to agree with #2. Maybe there's hope, after all.

Recently in a supermarket, a gray haired, Birkenstock wearing, thinks he's still in 1966 San Francisco hippie, commented on my cowboy boots. "Those are really nice, I'll bet you didn't get them around here."

I love all three pics you posted! I have the same clogs and have wore them everywhere from work to around town. It's amazing how comfortable a piece of wood can be. The workboots are the only kind I'd consider if I were to own a pair and the western boots are very similar heel-wise to the regular pairs I wear all over the place.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

ive been wearing in public for about 15 yrs or so...most of the comments i get are positive..if i get any at all. mostly everyone justs ignores me...but then dont they always? so thats normal if there is such a thing...lol. the most negative thing that ever happened to me was when this group of young punks(4 of them) started following me and harassing me. i turned around and went after the mouthiest of the group and got right in his face and threatened him with an ass kicking he wouldnt forget. that ended that...ipso facto....lol. poof...gone...like the wind that blew there scum ass in. so if u wanna wear...go ahead. not just anywhere...use your head of course. if u go into the hood u r on ur own.

ive been wearing in public for about 15 yrs or so...most of the comments i get are positive..if i get any at all. mostly everyone justs ignores me...but then dont they always? so thats normal if there is such a thing...lol. the most negative thing that ever happened to me was when this group of young punks(4 of them) started following me and harassing me. i turned around and went after the mouthiest of the group and got right in his face and threatened him with an ass kicking he wouldnt forget. that ended that...ipso facto....lol. poof...gone...like the wind that blew there scum ass in. so if u wanna wear...go ahead. not just anywhere...use your head of course. if u go into the hood u r on ur own.

I would agree with him on this, but more correct wordings fail me at the moment.

I'm actually quite impressed at the thread, in terms that it inspired me to get back up and about in heels again, granted I pick my places wisely.

Before I went on "break" from heeling at all, I've gotten mixed(?) comments. I can recall one from my own peers (same age, if not college-aged; 17-18 I was at the time) where I was walking to the truck as they were walking in, them parked in a lot over. One guy pointed me out, and the other two laughed, with the female saying "You wrongg!" (meaning, 'that's mean' or along the lines) while still giggling.

Others have been quite "applauding" of my "ability" to walk in heels, including a lady at a Thrift Store, who was shocked, to say the least, and started to ask "How?" and "You like?". I was quite shy back then, so I could only muster a few words as answers back to her. But it was the best comment I had to date.

Another was from my friend, who knows all about it now. She basically asked questions, and gave me kudos for being able to walk in heels as high as I had them (dare I say, 8 inchers?). She was even more shocked to see the ballet heels I got a month or two later, to the point of saying I have 'weird tastes'. But hey, don't we all? :)

Finally, and probably another "best" positive comment I got was from my other friends, both guys :lmao:! You don't get that every day! But we had been best friends through high school (we're all graduates now), and still keep in touch once in a while. We were at a Hookah Bar one night, and were basically waiting for the Hookah to arrive (I don't do it, safe to say), so I know this was genuine. They stated how they give me 'props' for doing what I'm doing, and that they would be cool with me in heels anytime (if I recall hearing that correctly, haha), and that's about it. And I thanked them, and could never forget that night ever.

I guess best friends are the Best friend to count on, huh?

Formally "HHDude"

I haven't had any negative comments to my face, but I've heard a fair share of snickers and giggles, especially from the teen girls. Though i would like to relate a couple of stories. A couple weeks ago, I got off work a little early so I went to the mall across the street and decide to do some shoe shopping. I ended up in the women's shoe section of a major department store. When I found the first two pair that I wanted to try on, I asked the sales woman if they had those particular styles in a size 10. (Not saying they were for me or not.) She replied that she would have to check in the back because the boots I chose were on clearance. When she brought them out, I proceeded to try them on. She looked a bit surprised that I was trying them on but didn't say anything. I eventually tried another half dozen styles before I decided on my purchase. When I went to the counter to pay, I asked "I'll bet you don't have a lot of guys coming in here and trying on heels, do you?" and she replied "No but it's not for me to judge and you seem to know about heels." I felt very good when I left the store. But on the other hand, I was at the grocery store a few days later wearing a different pair of heeled boots under some flared leg womens' jeans. I stopped at the meat section and pulled out my phone to call my wife as I had a question about something she wanted me to get. While I'm on the phone, I noticed a young woman in her mid twenties had stopped her cart across the aisle from me. She too pulled out her phone and looked as if she was checking a text message or something. But she turned and faced toward me instead of facing her cart as she fiddled with her phone. She held it at waist level but I truly believe she was using the camera on her phone to take a picture of me because of my heels. She never said anything to me but moved on shortly after. I wouldn't be surprised if I found a picture or video of myself online someday. So as others have said, if you wear the heels in public, you should be prepared for any type of reaction, good or bad.

I quite frankly could care a rat's rump if anyone took a pic of me in any of my boots, to tell you all the truth, I've got much more important things in this life to care about, if you know what I mean.:)

While I've rarely to ever gotten any negative comments on my little expeditions, I've found that on the occasions I've gotten giggles, chuckles and whatnot from teenagers who see me in my heels are often dressed like total slobs or worse. Talk about ignorance.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I caught a young girl capturing video of me with her iPhone today. We'll see if it lands on the Internet over the next week or so.

lol, week or so? It was probably put online before she even made it home...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

lol, week or so? It was probably put online before she even made it home...

Not completely true. However, it would be concerned as to which iPhone it was. If it was an iPhone 3g/3gs then yes, the likelihood is it's online already. If it was on iPhone 4 although it could be sent straight to youtube it won't be in HD and most want to get as much out of the iPhone including the 720p video.

Not completely true. However, it would be concerned as to which iPhone it was. If it was an iPhone 3g/3gs then yes, the likelihood is it's online already. If it was on iPhone 4 although it could be sent straight to youtube it won't be in HD and most want to get as much out of the iPhone including the 720p video.

???? The iphone 4 IS 720p... Although that wasnt actually the point anyway :silly:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!